• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Inb4 Marlon cameo!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
So I'm assuming green-hair dude (the one with the closed-eyes smile and hands behind his head) is gonna be our Rival this time around?

Really hoping for Customization to go along with the Skin Tones.
I liked Calem a lot for having actually natural hair and a really nice design but thw current Male Player I'm not feeling at all.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
The new girl isn't too bad. She's simple-looking, but definitely cute. I saw the ability to choose skin tones at the start of the game again. PLEASE ALMIGHT ARCEUS, tell me that this confirms customization is returning!

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I don't like the vanilla hat for the female though.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
the clothes of the girl and boy are so plain, there has to be character customization. lol I think the girl is adorable though.

There IS character customization (evident on the JP trailer).
Also, "simplicity" is the theme for Gen 7. Makes sense when almost every character is wearing plain clothes.

Prof. Hala reminds me of Wattson for some reason. XD

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
There IS character customization (evident on the JP trailer).
Also, "simplicity" is the theme for Gen 7. Makes sense if almost every character is wearing plain clothes.

technically all that confirms is the skin tone change.

But I agree with you anyway so it doesn't mean much (the likelyhood it "won't" be there is extremely low after that reveal), I'm pretty excited.

Aetius

Praise the new skin tone!
I really hated that in gen 6 I had to choose one that didn't reflect my own.
Anyway, I'm loving the fact that our avatar will always stand behind our Pokèmon during the battles!
It finally makes me feel like I'm over there! :D

Infernape77

In the US video, at 1:16 the male MC is wearing black striped cloth, at 1:17 he's wearing blue stripped cloth. Trainer Customization (in terms of clothing) 100% confirmed!!!

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I like the Player character design a bit though the pants are a little off to me. I am glad to see some Character Customization back in form of skin tones. I can't see them not bringing back the rest as well. It would be a surprising just to customize skin tones and nothing else. . I am also a fan of the white hair dude who I am assuming is the Region Professor and this hala person. Like his design a lot.

Since the character who gives us our Pokemon is called 'Hala', does that mean the 'professors are trees' pattern has been chopped down? Good to see they're branching out.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
So is Kukui the regional professor or Wattson's cousin? Because in the Japanese trailer it looks like he is the one introducing you to the game.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Since the character who gives us our Pokemon is called 'Hala', does that mean the 'professors are trees' pattern has been chopped down? Good to see they're branching out.

Hala is a tree native to Hawaii.

So is Kukui the regional professor or Wattson's cousin? Because in the Japanese trailer it looks like he is the one introducing you to the game.

Kukui is the player's cousin. And most likely Prof. Hala's assistant.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Though it's not very likely, I hope we will be able to alter the size of the character.

I'm kinda done with being skinny. I wanna be muscly or beefy. Maybe both. lol

Infernape77

Status
Not open for further replies.