• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I feel there will be two rivals, one will be the friendly rival that the player character you did not choose, and the other being a bratty boy who brags about being farther in progress than you but whines like a baby whenever you beat him.

And I also want to see another female professor.

Sounds very similar to Black and White however. I would just like to see one rude rival like in the old days personally. :)

Supersonicbro

I feel there will be two rivals, one will be the friendly rival that the player character you did not choose, and the other being a bratty boy who brags about being farther in progress than you but whines like a baby whenever you beat him.

And I also want to see another female professor.

I really hope they don't reuse the bratty rival trope again. I feel like the fact that it's been 20 years they should change things up a little bit.

Maybe a rival that is also trying to discover the mysteries of this region? They wouldn't be an actual rival who's goal is beating you, but they could still battle you from time to time to test your skills. Also it makes them more relevant whenever the big climax happens in the games. I liked how barry and dawn were more involved with the team galactic plot, especially when it came to the lake trio, and helped out.

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot
I actually want a rival that starts off friendly, but slowly get annoyed and "salty" that you win against them almost every time. The gameplay can even highlight how tryhard they become--like, using meta techniques, strong Pokemon, rare items among the region. Maybe a Gaston-type?

GalaxianEX

We need a rival worth having, like Blue and Silver. Someone we actually want to face.

I agree. While I do enjoy the friendship aspect in the later games, I would love another rivalry. Specially if it's like Silver who, IMO, is the best rival in the game franchise.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I don't think the characters in that resort image are the main characters. The boy looks like Red and the girl seems to just be a maid or something.

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/EkVxjOP.png[/IMG300]

This girl might be a future rival/supporting character. Interestingly enough, she looks like Shauna. She's carrying a Machamp, Wobbuffet and Furfrou.
Speaking of this image, what's up with the guy driving? He looks a bit... Odd.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I don't think the characters in that resort image are the main characters. The boy looks like Red and the girl seems to just be a maid or something.

Speaking of this image, what's up with the guy driving? He looks a bit... Odd.

LMAO, looks like a Playmobil figure.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
While I love Professor Oak returning idea, I'd love it if we got another female Professor. That was a nice change of pace.

And I'd like two rivals. The friend and the "jerk". And I liked what somebody said, about being able to rematch them at anytime.
And I'd love it if the rival was the other gender, we could still customize them to look however we like. Kind of how Fallout 4 lets you customize your spouse. That was a neat feature I thought would be nice if Pokemon makes the rival the opposite gender player character again.

Aetius

Hmm, characters that Id' like to see in Sun & Moon, huh?
Let's see, first of all I'd like to have another female professor and also, together with her, a female evil team boss.
To make things more interesting, they could make both of them old friends, whose reasearch objectives were the same at the beginning, but that in the end, with the passing of time, ended up going in two different directions, leading one to become a succesful Pokèmon professor and the other to form a criminal syndicate who would further her research and do her bidding.
I think this would involve more the professor in the story and would give more depth to the plot altogether.
As for the other characters, a jerky rival wouldn't be so bad and I'd also like to see characters from previous games, for example Shana, who in XY told us that she had the intention of travelling to another region.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I'm in for a female professor and evil team leader.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The main character should have a dad present in the game.

I was really happy in RSE when I learned that the player's dad is a Gym Leader.
I don't know why it never happened again after Gen 3.

Also, give us a sibling. It would be cool to have sibling rivalry in this game.

NeoDude-5000

The main character should have a dad present in the game.

I was really happy in RSE when I learned that the player's dad is a Gym Leader.
I don't know why it never happened again after Gen 3.

Also, give us a sibling. It would be cool to have sibling rivalry in this game.

Hopefully that could we'll finally be able to have in-game sibling rivals. You should be able to name them too, we haven't been able to do so since Black 2 & White 2

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics

This girl might be a future rival/supporting character. Interestingly enough, she looks like Shauna. She's carrying a Machamp, Wobbuffet and Furfrou.

I think more that this is the female playable character. I have a theory about the purpose of this truck tho.

What if this is a safari zone truck, where a staff member drive you around the safari zone and where you can catch the pokemon? And the catched pokemon are out of the pokeballs and sitting on the truck behind the driver cabine.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

I think more that this is the female playable character.

I'm in agreement with both, given with the fact that female character's design is very-well done compared to the driver, in which poses the importance of her in my opinion. The post "Confidential" convinced me a little bit more too, I guess.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
I want that portly man driving the truck to be a Scott-type character.

I think his design is amazing for reasons that I am unsure of.

phanpycross

God-king
I want that portly man driving the truck to be a Scott-type character.

I think his design is amazing for reasons that I am unsure of.
He looks like the result of somebody having unorderly conduct with a Ditto.

How can you not love something so hilariously out-of-place.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
He looks like the result of somebody having unorderly conduct with a Ditto.

How can you not love something so hilariously out-of-place.

Call it a hunch, a horrible horrible hunch. But as it's the 20th anniversary, I can see the man actually being Red 20 years on. With that design.

The uproar would be delicious~

Sprinter1988

A rival who is actually a challenge to face. No more of this "3 or 4 pokemon team until near the end" crap. Seriously how many times did we battle Serena when her team was just her Starter, a Meowstic and an Absol?

I actually want a rival that starts off friendly, but slowly get annoyed and "salty" that you win against them almost every time. The gameplay can even highlight how tryhard they become--like, using meta techniques, strong Pokemon, rare items among the region. Maybe a Gaston-type?

This sounds so ****ing awesome. <3

If we're talking about "minority" characters, maybe do a openly gay character or something. But don't know how that would work in a game where love isn't a topic maybe a very feminine boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.