• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, anything that brings this game closer to B/W and Gen 5 is a good thing in my book. Even if it is the ******** fan theories.

I know. Gen V never really felt connected to anywhere. Kanto had Johto, Hoenn had Kalos (in the remakes). Sure, Cynthia goes to Unova and there is that cave, but both regions never felt really connected to enywhere else. Even Sinnoh got referenced multiple times in other regions, while Unova was only ever referenced in food items, that one Mauville NPC and Colress dude on Kalos route 11. If Alola was our unknown connection to Unova then I would be so happy. Seeing as we are getting Sinnoh confirmed likely very soon then Sinnoh will have connections set up. Unova just felt... left out most of the time.

pokefreakceetje

Do the people here agree that red's new shirt says both 96, and gb in blocky letters (sans-serif)?

gliscor&yanmega

Red and Blue/Green grew up, amazing, never thought the day would come. Red still ain't talking. Kind of wish they'll do a similar thing with other past characters, but Cynthia and Wally look the same so...doubt it.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
Do the people here agree that red's new shirt says both 96, and gb in blocky letters (sans-serif)?

Given the 20 years, I think it is meant to be 96. Nice touch I thought. Red looks like he's grown up more than Blue. I really like being able to see these guys again, along with the likes of Cynthia, etc.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Is there a japanese version of this trailer too?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Red and Blue/Green grew up, amazing, never thought the day would come. Red still ain't talking. Kind of wish they'll do a similar thing with other past characters, but Cynthia and Wally look the same so...doubt it.

I like to think that Wally's asthma and poor health stunted his growth. Cynthia if perfect, so she should never change.

As for our Gen 1 duo, Blue doesn't seem too different, just a tad bit aged up. But Red....damn, he has aged, and he has grown up, too, given that he looks angry and disillusioned with the world in the way that only an adult can.

Akashin

I hope they have Green as one of the legends, Gold and Silver as well

As nice as seeing Gold/Silver would be, not to mention Green's existence actually being acknowledged, I very much doubt it'll happen.

If it did, though, seeing Hilbert/Hilda come back would be a dream come true for me. A double battle against them with their dragon and N with his would be amazing, enough so that I'd forgive N having his dragon despite releasing it in B2W2.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
As nice as seeing Gold/Silver would be, not to mention Green's existence actually being acknowledged, I very much doubt it'll happen.

If it did, though, seeing Hilbert/Hilda come back would be a dream come true for me. A double battle against them with their dragon and N with his would be amazing.

I hope hilda is grown up like red

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So previous Champions are basically confirmed - I think we will see all of them.
Wally makes me wonder if we will get all the Rivals, also what about previous Protagonists.

I loved Rowlett and its final Evo with the unique typing just takes the cake for me. I totally taking it.

I just wanted to tell that normally I always played with the Water Starer.

R_N

So previous Champions are basically confirmed - I think we will see all of them.
Wally makes me wonder if we will get all the Rivals, also what about previous Protagonists.

I loved Rowlett and its final Evo with the unique typing just takes the cake for me. I totally taking it.

I just wanted to tell that normally I always played with the Water Starer.

I don't see us getting other protagonists just because I don't think they want to choose who is "canon"
Red kind of side stepped this issue since gen 1 had no genders, gen 2 had him as the final super boss and that got grandfathered into gens 4 & 5.

I mean BW2 had memory link and still didn't let you battle Hilda or Hilbert.

N also side steps this issue since they don't need to acknowledge the specific dragon he got. In BW2 he allows you to catch it.

gliscor&yanmega

I like to think that Wally's asthma and poor health stunted his growth. Cynthia if perfect, so she should never change.

As for our Gen 1 duo, Blue doesn't seem too different, just a tad bit aged up. But Red....damn, he has aged, and he has grown up, too, given that he looks angry and disillusioned with the world in the way that only an adult can.

At least he seems to be confident with himself still.

Blue used to have a baby face, now he's got a young man face(Eyes probably help, not as big compared to HGSS art). Like his new outfit too, looks like he's on vacation but is ready to battle still. Red does look more adult like though. I'm curious how much time has passed since Gen 1 though. Hopefully Sun and Moon can shed light on that.

Cynthia ages like ash.

Realize after the fact that Cynthia is probably around at least in her mid 20's so she probably wouldn't shown visible signs of aging for at least 10 years if not more. Although at least a slight change to her outfit would have been nice, although I guess keeping her the same still works for nostalgia.

Red and Blue making appearances is cool. I'm glad they still keep Red mute(at least from what we have seen) to go with him being a blank character.

I doubt many other characters will become aged-up though. Wally looked basically the same as in ORAS. They didn't do it for PWT and I'm getting strong PWT vibes here, but just with the top-cut of trainers instead of every gym leader and such.

Sakuraba

I hope we get at least the Gym Leaders. I'd love to see champions, since Red and Cynthia are here.

As for other characters, I'm guessing Wally, Zinnia, N and maybe Barry. I don't think we'll see Bianca and Cheren classifies as a Gym Leader. Silver maybe, but I wonder which starter they'd give to him.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Shouldn't Wally be older? Since Hoenn and Kanto's games takes place within the same timeframe, he can't be that much younger than Red and Blue. If Red and Blue are 20, then Wally should be around his late teens during SM.

Seeing as Cynthia's in the Battle Tree and it mentions famous trainers, that should of course mean Lance, Steven, Iris and Diantha should be available. Wallace and Alder are a possibility, but I doubt the latter will appear due to abdicating his position after BW. I'd like to see the protagonists too, but with mixed genders for diversity (Ethan, May, Dawn, Hilbert, Rosa, and Calem for example). If Wally and Blue are in, then perhaps the other rivals, so Silver, May/Brendan, Barry, Cheren/Bianca, Hugh, and maybe Shauna since she mentioned going to another region.

This goes without saying, but if most of the pre-gen V Gym Leaders were in the PWT, they should be in the Battle Tree. I'd love to see Roxie, Marlon, and the Kalos leaders added into the leader roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.