• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Thanks for the clarification about the Battle rules. So it is our true Frontier/Maison successor.
I agree with the 6 pokemon battle possibility. Maybe after fufilling some requirements we can battle them in an unrestricted setting

Novembre

We usually get a trailer on the 1st or 2nd, and then another one anywhere from the 10th to the 14th. But since we just got one on the 27th, we might get the final trailer on the 7th or so. Remember, the game comes out in like three weeks.

Three weeks! Sun and Moon are almost here! And one more trailer. November will be a nice month. Long time I did not receive a Pokémon game as a birthday gift!

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I loved this trailer, for seeing Red and Blue looking older and new redesigns which I love. I can't wait to face them. However I hope they aren't the only returning playable characters. I understand they may not want to make 3d models of them all, so I think seeing as this is the 20th Red and Blue are both there, then Ethan, Brendan, Dawn, Hilbert, the girl from BW2 and Serena.

But I'm so glad to see Cynthia again, makes you wonder who else will appear.

But now I can't wait for the next part of the story. It's going to be amazing.

Plus if we get to team up with them, I really want to team up with the likes of Dawn, Brock, Misty, Flannery, Volkner and Cynthia,

Last edited:

lactatingRHINO7

Japanese trailer shows everything with 3 Pokemon and level 50, so it's the standard rules from Battle Tower.

However, Red is shown using 6 Pokemon; as is Blue, so either there is an option for full teams or they can be fought outside of Battle Tree, most likely the latter. His team could be any level, kind of doubt they'll go for 100 but then again it could be a nice place to give quick exp especially when doing hyper training. I would assume he'll be in the 80s at least though.

The battles with Red and Blue in the trailer were not in the Battle Tree. I wouldn't be surprised if they do show up in there. But the battle arena for them was in a typical looking forest and during the scene where Sun meets them they are outside of a cave.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Seriously, we need an established timeline for the Mega Evolution Universe. Wally hasn't aged a day while Red and Blue have despite being around the same time in the Original Universe.

gliscor&yanmega

The battles with Red and Blue in the trailer were not in the Battle Tree. I wouldn't be surprised if they do show up in there. But the battle arena for them was in a typical looking forest and during the scene where Sun meets them they are outside of a cave.
I overlooked the background, so yah the full team battle isn't Battle Tree related. They are met in front of Battle Tree though not a cave.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Seriously, we need an established timeline for the Mega Evolution Universe. Wally hasn't aged a day while Red and Blue have despite being around the same time in the Original Universe.
I doubt the ME timeline has anything to do with it. It's either because:

A. The devs were lazy.
B. Because of all of Wally's sicknesses it stunted his growth.

DSDark

Breeder
Three weeks! Sun and Moon are almost here! And one more trailer. November will be a nice month. Long time I did not receive a Pokémon game as a birthday gift!

The Japan trailer said this was the last one

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I think it would be cool if they had some sort of memory link like feature for if you have the virtual console games you can link and download Red's team to be whatever your first Hall of Fame team was. I'm sure it's not going to happen but that'd be awesome to recreate my original team and battle against it from all those years ago...

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I think I just found something that proves that that blue bearded guy isn't a Kahuna. Look at this:

image.jpg

Look at the guy running the shop at the right. Either for some reason you can put him in your Plaza... Or he's just a generic NPC.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I think I just found something that proves that that blue bearded guy isn't a Kahuna. Look at this:

View attachment 16227

Look at the guy running the shop at the right. Either for some reason you can put him in your Plaza... Or he's just a generic NPC.

I agree, I've pointed it out before that the guy people calling "Bluebeard" is not a Kahuna since I've caught a glimpse of him in various places on the trailers.

People use the argument of him having a special cutscene with a Pelipper, but SM's camera are more dynamic than before. It's not a strong argument. Ordinary NPCs can have their own cutscenes too.

MysticKnives

I'm quite curious if we'll see buffs with Red and Blue's teams. Now with them as young adults, I'm quite curious and eager to battle them again.

shadowF

I hope Red and Blue have some really cool and interesting teams! hopefully t wont be a copy and paste from Black 2 and White 2. Also did everyone that is in the battle tree win the pokemon league? even the random generic characters that we battle? If so I guess in game canon the league is not that difficult to accomplish.

knightwolf09

I hope Red and Blue have some really cool and interesting teams! hopefully t wont be a copy and paste from Black 2 and White 2. Also did everyone that is in the battle tree win the pokemon league? even the random generic characters that we battle? If so I guess in game canon the league is not that difficult to accomplish.

They said people that beat the island challenge, or is just strong enough, can enter the Battle Tree

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I really, really hope Leaf doesn't get ignored, even though I know this is hoping in vain.

Hell I know it'll never happen but, if I'm being very ambitious, I'd love to see (in addition to the four we already saw):

PC/Rivals: Leaf, Ethan, Kris, Lyra, Silver, May, Brendan, Dawn, Lucas, Barry, Hilbert, Hilda, Cheren, Bianca, Nate, Rosa, Hugh, Calem, Serena, Tierno, Trevor, Shauna (22)

Gym Leaders: Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Koga, Janine, Sabrina, Blaine, Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, Clair, Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson, Flannery, Norman, Winona, Tate, Liza, Juan, Roark, Gardenia, Maylene, Crasher Wake, Fantina, Byron, Candice, Volkner, Cilan, Chili, Cress, Lenora, Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Brycen, Drayden, Roxie, Marlon, Viola, Grant, Korrina, Ramos, Clemont, Valeria, Olympia, Wulfric (53)

Elite 4: Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Will, Karen, Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, Drake, Aaron, Bertha, Flint, Lucian, Shauntal, Marshal, Grimsley, Caitlin, Malva, Siebold, Wikstrom, Drasna (21)

Champions: Lance, Steven, Wallace, Alder, Iris, Diantha (6)

Team Leaders: N, Giovanni, Archie, Maxie, Cyrus, Ghetsis, Colress, Lysandre (8)

Frontier Brains: Noland, Greta, Tucker, Lucy, Spenser, Brandon, Anabel, Palmer, Thorton, Dahlia, Darach, Argenta (12)

Stat Trainers: Cheryl, Mira, Riley, Buck, Marley (5)

But 131 unique 3-D models in addition to all of the NPC's already featured in this game would be way too much, so I don't think that'll happen for one second, unfortunately... :( (Then again... SM is twice the size of XY and ORAS, so... Who knows?)

I would love to see all of them but it's high from possible.

I would love to get E4 (highly unlikely), all rivals (possible) and all Champions (probable).

Also if they are bringing back Giovanni they can give him a Dugtrio instead of Golem (the most absurd decision in Black2/White2 - not only he had a Dugrio in R/B/Y but also it woule make his team more diverse).

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I doubt the ME timeline has anything to do with it. It's either because:

A. The devs were lazy.
B. Because of all of Wally's sicknesses it stunted his growth.

Considering they definitely aged up Blue and Red and Wally doesn't look like he's aged, I'm pretty sure that this means S/M take place not too long after X/Y, as OR/AS took place not too long before X/Y, correct? It'd make sense with there being no newly discovered Megas.

sheld999

they hinted towards older champs returning with new looks ( red,blue )

both look super awesome cant wait to battle them

Status
Not open for further replies.