• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveMcQueen5683

I believe Lillie should get the starter strongest to yours. I know she states she doesn't like Pokémon battles, but I suspect we'll battle her atleast once or even twice with whatever starter she picked, and maybe with the Pokémon she's hiding in her bag.

They literally said she isnt a trainer. They wouldn't have said that if we were going to battle her.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I believe Lillie should get the starter strongest to yours. I know she states she doesn't like Pokémon battles, but I suspect we'll battle her atleast once or even twice with whatever starter she picked, and maybe with the Pokémon she's hiding in her bag.
Doubt it. As stated, the guys at the Treehouse said Lillie wasn't a Trainer. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if she was made able to be battled in post-game or something, but I doubt she'd be a rival during the main game.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I kind of wish they bring back a main character from another generation that you can battle. Hilbert is one idea considering he went out searching for N.

Akashin

They literally said she isnt a trainer. They wouldn't have said that if we were going to battle her.

"Isn't a trainer," and, "Will never be a trainer," are two entirely different things, and they only claimed the former. I don't particularly expect to fight her (at least not as a Rival), but that statement doesn't have all that much bearing on whether or not it happens.

That happened with N too but it turned out we could battle him.

No it didn't. They made it clear from the moment he was properly revealed that he would be battled.

Last edited:

MegaSocky

Pupper
It's probably very likely you can't battle Lillie since she "doesn't like seeing Pokemon getting hurt. (Even though in the Japanese clips she says that, but then says she'll still come to cheer you on.)" I expect Lillie to probably have some weird connections with the legendaries (probably like Bonnie with the Zygarde core?)

Maybe Gamefreak will introduce another character who will be the jerk type side rival.
If not, then I guess they're going easy on the newcomers this generation, or Hau is just being a really nice guy.

We'll have to wait until July 1st (They're probably going to reveal the Corocoro leaks) or until the game is released.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I don't know just how much of an ok idwa would this be. But I kinda hope that our Rotomdex plays as an influential character with a plot throughout the game. That goes the same with AZ's Floette (possibly evolves to a Florges Eternal Flower) and AZ himself making an appearance and give you a side quest. en reward you with a Flabebe Egg with that dark flower that our immortal flower bears.

Perhapa that is just making Pokemon Mystery Dungeon characters mingle too much with the style of the main series. I just hope we get a pokemon that is an NPC with a plot.

Sabre_King

Ever since Hala was first revealed he gives me lots of different vibes. At first I thought he was the new professor or assistant to the professor, but now I am not to sure after seeing Hala own Tapu Koko. It may seem random but for me Hala is the most interesting character revealed thus far as he is the only one not fitting into place. Any one on their thoughts or opinions regarding Hala. I could see him being a gym leader or possible a part of the elite four, seeming that it looks like he's almost passing through the first town.

diakyu

Ever since Hala was first revealed he gives me lots of different vibes. At first I thought he was the new professor or assistant to the professor, but now I am not to sure after seeing Hala own Tapu Koko. It may seem random but for me Hala is the most interesting character revealed thus far as he is the only one not fitting into place. Any one on their thoughts or opinions regarding Hala. I could see him being a gym leader or possible a part of the elite four, seeming that it looks like he's almost passing through the first town.
it's worth noting the picture with Hala and Tapu Koko is a cutscene, and not a battle (indicated by the lack of electric terrain). Meaning he might not own it.

shadowF

If Hala is a gym leader or elite four then I am guessing he is an electric type user. Or even just as an important trainer.

Anyone else thinking that Lillie, especially after today, will have a Zygarde Core? The cry in her bag sounds nothing like Tapu Koko's cry, and it seems too big for it anyway. Furthermore, the Core and Cells have Sugimori artwork which confirms they'll appear in some context, and the Cells are said to be spread across Alola.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Anyone else thinking that Lillie, especially after today, will have a Zygarde Core? The cry in her bag sounds nothing like Tapu Koko's cry, and it seems too big for it anyway. Furthermore, the Core and Cells have Sugimori artwork which confirms they'll appear in some context, and the Cells are said to be spread across Alola.

I was a little on and off on the idea before hand, mainly because of the sheer lack of evidence at the time, but in light of this I'm fully on board with the idea. Especially as the "only protects Kalos" argument can't be used in retaliation anymore.

Grey Wind

Yeah, since Tapu Koko is ruled out I'm definitely thinking Zygarde. Although I would find it kind of odd if they gave one core way more focus than the others (maybe she has five in her bag? :U).

Yeah, since Tapu Koko is ruled out I'm definitely thinking Zygarde. Although I would find it kind of odd if they gave one core way more focus than the others (maybe she has five in her bag? :U).

Well, to bring back my theory from tens of pages ago...what if she is from Kalos (as many suspect at this point), and ran away with the final Zygarde Core, with an underground Flare having captured the rest, and hence why she chooses not to battle? (Her use of an unseen Pokémon would grab unnatural attention which they'd likely follow) and, in the heat of the moment towards the end of the main game, what if it is required for her to use Zygarde (to stop Alola's evil team), and Flare come knocking in the post game as a result?

Seeing as Zygarde Complete is said to have cores in its tail and 'wings', maybe Lillie's is the center of the Zygarde Megazord?

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
Here's an interesting theory involving Lillie and one of the four deities that the guardians seem to be based off of:

Red-Fire-Pele:

"Probably the best known of all Hawaiian gods and goddesses is Pele. She is the fire and the heat, the smoke and the steam, the goddess of the volcano. It is Pele that sparks the eruptions and adds new land to our island home. Pele is the volcano and the natural forces associated with volcanic eruption.

Pele’s physical forms include lava, fire, and other natural forces. She can appear as a beautiful young woman or an old lady. She may also appear as a ball of fire on the mountain. She may come in dreams where she appears in the form of a woman in the prime of life, dressed in white.

Pele is said to have come from the faraway lands of Kahiki, along with some of her family. She made stops on all of the Hawaiian Islands, but only Hawaiʻi Island proved to be a suitable home. So it is there at Halemaʻumaʻu, in Kīlauea Caldera, that Pele resides. Because of this, Pele is known as “ka wahine o ka lua,” the woman of the crater.

One of the epithets of Pele is sharp-lipped goddess."

Also it was speculated that Lillie's mystery could have something to do with Pele, since Pele appears in forms of white dressed young woman. Lillie does not like to see Pokemon battling and there is a possibility that she is not a trainer. Pele is known to test human beings with tricking them in human form. Maybe, Lillie is testing the protagonist throughout the journey. It is reaching but description of Pele says "she devours forests" while description of Lillie says "she has devoured many books."

clbgolden12

Here's an interesting theory involving Lillie and one of the four deities that the guardians seem to be based off of:

Red-Fire-Pele:

"Probably the best known of all Hawaiian gods and goddesses is Pele. She is the fire and the heat, the smoke and the steam, the goddess of the volcano. It is Pele that sparks the eruptions and adds new land to our island home. Pele is the volcano and the natural forces associated with volcanic eruption.

Pele’s physical forms include lava, fire, and other natural forces. She can appear as a beautiful young woman or an old lady. She may also appear as a ball of fire on the mountain. She may come in dreams where she appears in the form of a woman in the prime of life, dressed in white.

Pele is said to have come from the faraway lands of Kahiki, along with some of her family. She made stops on all of the Hawaiian Islands, but only Hawaiʻi Island proved to be a suitable home. So it is there at Halemaʻumaʻu, in Kīlauea Caldera, that Pele resides. Because of this, Pele is known as “ka wahine o ka lua,” the woman of the crater.

One of the epithets of Pele is sharp-lipped goddess."

Also it was speculated that Lillie's mystery could have something to do with Pele, since Pele appears in forms of white dressed young woman. Lillie does not like to see Pokemon battling and there is a possibility that she is not a trainer. Pele is known to test human beings with tricking them in human form. Maybe, Lillie is testing the protagonist throughout the journey. It is reaching but description of Pele says "she devours forests" while description of Lillie says "she has devoured many books."
I just realized, I wonder if this has anything to do with what's in her bag? It'd be kind of weird for a Pokemon to keep a Pokemon in their bag. :p

clbgolden12

So, I just remembered these guys:

image.jpg

... Who are they? Gym leaders, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.