• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
If Aether is the true evil team, then its possible we may finally have gotten the female team leader we always wanted.

Janovy

Banned
Gladion legit looks like Lillie's brother.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
sure looks like it. so pokemon are turning into people now.... and those names?? Type Null? UB-01? I don't like it. seems like gamefreak is trying too hard to do new things.

Those Ultra Beast things aren't Pokémon.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
sure looks like it. so pokemon are turning into people now.... and those names?? Type Null? UB-01? I don't like it. seems like gamefreak is trying too hard to do new things.

It's not all new, really..
In one of the movies Latias turned into a girl and the Mystery Dungeon games are full of humans turning into Pokemon. :D

Ahryn

Anyone else seeing a real similarity between Lillie and Lusamine too? Older sister or mum perhaps...

Also, got a weird feeling that there's some relationship between Aether and Ultra Beasts, could they be creating them? If that's so maybe UB-01 is made in Lillie's image or something. Or maybe she can turn into it like people are saying...

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
It's kind of obvious that Gladion is your "traditional rival", as in Silver. He probably stole the other starter (just like Silver), the one strong to yours. Even the music in the Japanese trailer gives off 'Rival' vibes.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
It's kind of obvious that Gladion is your "traditional rival", as in Silver. He probably stole the other starter (just like Silver), the one strong to yours. Even the music in the Japanese trailer gives off 'Rival' vibes.

I think he will be a rival of sorts, but not one that gets the other starter.

The official site states that Type: Null is his partner Pokemon which I at least see as an indication of no starter.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Anyone else seeing a real similarity between Lillie and Lusamine too? Older sister or mum perhaps...

Also, got a weird feeling that there's some relationship between Aether and Ultra Beasts, could they be creating them? If that's so maybe UB-01 is made in Lillie's image or something. Or maybe she can turn into it like people are saying...

I'm thinking Lillie, Lusamine and Gladion are all family. With the blonde hair and green eyes.

Maybe the Aether Foundation was researching ultra beasts and found UB-01. And it started mimicking Lillie.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
You're forgetting that we've had pokemon turning into/mimicking people for quite a while, Zorua/Zoroark being a major example and that was two generations ago.

And the names are weird because they are code names, the creatures are simply too new or little understood to have "regular" names. It actually makes sense given these are not pokemon that are linked to mythology and such so a code name would likely be what scientists would first give them.

UB-01 is simply "Ultra Beast Number One" for instance, presumably because it is the first of the creatures encountered by humans.

Type Null was created for a specific mission, and presumably it was given the name as a symbol of that mission.

Aetius

Posting this message also here, since it is related to the topic!

Oh my goodness!
Not only we were introduced to another Team Skull Admin (?) in Gladion, but we also got another group, which is even more mysterious than the former!
Let's analyze the new characters introduced!

Gladion: This guy is a riot! His poses are both epic and hilarious while his personality seems to be enjoyable, not to mention that he has an extremely mysterious Pokèmon as his companion...
Lusamine: She's gorgeous indeed! Another Pokègirl that I'll never forget! I wonder if she's really serious about her objective; it would kinda hurt to find out that the Aether Groupher group is just a bunch of hypocrites and villains..
Faba: He's strange in his demeanors.....Can't really say much about him, considering that we didn't see much...He's an intriguing character though.
Wicke: She doesn't wicked at all and look at DAT bosom. I hope we will be able to meet her lots of times durin our journey.

Oh, I had almost forgotten about Sina and Dexio!
I'm glad to know that we will meet them again!
I wonder if they'll get the chance to put their costumes on during their stay in Alola....
Either way, I'm sure they will be relevant characters during our adventure.
They will give us a Zygarde Core to collect all of the Cells around Alola after all.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
UB-01 and Lillie, oh god. I just want to find out the mystery already! What if Lillie got infected, what is her connection with Lusimane or Gladion, is she actually a beast? But, the second japanese trailer provides some female customization.

LQZ9g1.png

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
UB-01 and Lillie, oh god. I just want to find out the mystery already! What if Lillie got infected, what is her connection with Lusimane or Gladion, is she actually a beast? But, the second japanese trailer provides some female customization.

LQZ9g1.png

Yeah, I don't know what Z-Move she's using, but that pose is adorable!

R_N

I'm glad Dexio & Sina came back. new designs and they'll actually be battled and stay relevant this time

hopefully they don their super hero mask & scarves again too

.Aerodactyl.

I'm thinking Lillie, Lusamine and Gladion are all family. With the blonde hair and green eyes.

Maybe the Aether Foundation was researching ultra beasts and found UB-01. And it started mimicking Lillie.

I was just gonna post this! Glad people are seeing it. I think for sure they are siblings and they all split different ways because if their beliefs...

I'm really excited, this plot seems really intense and different then the cookie cutter. I have a feeling that both teams aren't all good or all bad...

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
It's the Ghost one. It was actually seen used together with Gengar in the previous European and Japanese Nintendo Direct(but cut from the condensed trailers)

I suppose it is. It was really just the end of the animation (the "Surprise!" bit) that stuck with me, which isn't shown in this trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.