• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
At least Dexio and Sina have a slightly more inportant role in these games. They were so stupid and useless in X and Y. All they did was cosplay XD I like their designs to =)

Dragon Pulse

What if Lillie isn't UB-01, but she carries one around with her and UB-01 is modelled after her in some way?

Andyomon00

Seer of Doom
While I don't have a full theory, I don't think that Lillie is UB-01 but I do think that she has some relation to it, something similar to what dragon pulse said above. Something interesting to point out is that all the Aether Foundation admins have green eyes, but so do Lillie and Gladion. In fact they (Lillie and Gladion) seem to share a lot of features with Lusamine but that might be just happen stance.

WolfCypher

I'm glad Dexio & Sina came back. new designs and they'll actually be battled and stay relevant this time

hopefully they don their super hero mask & scarves again too

I didn't notice them.

I really like Hau. I mean, I liked him a lot when we saw very little of him, and my likeness of him has only been solidified.

I really wish he could just be a permanent traveling companion of yours, like Rui was for Wes in Colosseum (sp?).

shadowF

So here are my thoughts after watching today"s trailer:
- Dexio and Sina are back so it may seem we may get past characters coming back as well, also Dexio and Sina have vacation clothes so the characters coming back may be coming back for a vacation.
-Lillie is UB-01 who will try to help us stop the villains.
-The Aether Foundation seem to be more than just the good guys as they give me a bad guys feel, weather they are working with team skull is unknown.
-Lusamine seems to be the final boss in the game and is our Ghetsis so to speak. She seems to be the villain so to the people who wanted a female villain then I guess we now have it!
-Faba also seems to be a villain and will probably be the Xerosic of Sun and Moon.
-Wicke actually seems like a good guy who actually thinks she is helping pokemon and believes in the Aether Foundation but in the end will find out that the Aether Foundation is a scam. She seems to not know Aether Foundation has other interests then just helping pokemon.
-Employees of the Aether Foundation also seem to be like Wicke and not know Aether Foundation has other things of interest than just helping pokemon.
Really hope the artificial island is not just a research facility but also much more and we have a traditional tournament to finish the game. Also still unsure if Team Skull is secretly working for Lusamine or not, Guzma does have a Z ring so he is important as well.
-Team Skull Enforcer Gladion just screams cool to me, he really reminds me of Silver. I really hope he is our other rival and steals the stronger starter that you are up against for but seeing that his partner pokemon is Type:Null then that may not be the case. But he does have two pokemon so the other one may be the starter and Type:Null is just his ace. There is so many things mysterious about this guy; like in the Japanese trailer he is holding his arm wrist alot, could it be because he has a Z-ring or something else? Some people are speculating that Gladion could be a Ultra Beast working with Team Skull and others say Gladion, Lillie, and Lusamine are all related to each other because they look alike. Frankly I hope Gladion is our second rival and we battle him and after the game ends and we are in postgame we will be able to have rematches with him! Really hope we have Rematches with Gladion as he seems like a boss!

All in all in the end we got a lot of information on characters and I am very excited for the game. We also got a lot of fan service in that we have a villain boss who is a female (Lusamine) even though it has not been confirmed and a rival who works for the villain team in Gladion!-even though it has not been confirmed Gladion is our rival.

So what do you guys take from all of this?

Last edited:

Dragon Pulse

I really don't want Lillie to be UB-01 and I do want her to be evil. I want her to be secretly working with the evil team (probably the Aether Foundation). I wouldn't mind her having UB-01 though as her partner of some sort.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
I noticed Plumeria and Lusamine have "in common" the fact they see themselves as a big sister and a mother to the other grunts and pokemon respectively. I think there might be more to this which we might see in interactions between Team Skull and the Aether Foundation if they play their cards well enough

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I don't think Lillie is actually UB-01. I think her secret is something to do with her association with it though.

And it only says UB-01 can alter the shape of it's body, it says nothing about changing it's outward appearance.

I don't think Lillie is actually UB-01. I think her secret is something to do with her association with it though.

And it only says UB-01 can alter the shape of it's body, it says nothing about changing it's outward appearance.

I agree with you. UB-01 undoubtedly has some connection to Lillie, but I don't think it actually is Lille. I think UB-01 is mimicking Lillie for reasons currently unknown.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I agree with you. UB-01 undoubtedly has some connection to Lillie, but I don't think it actually is Lille. I think UB-01 is mimicking Lillie for reasons currently unknown.

I could see Lilie being from the labs and having seen some bad stuff happen to pokemon in experiments, which are all for getting stronger it seems.
Lilie doesn't like battling, so what if something they created, or due to them creating synthesized pokemon, something materialized her strong wishes of having pokemon not fighting anymore so they wouldn't have to go through that anymore, so the UB ccome out and attack humans and pokemon in a form close to Lilie since it was her wish. Idk But wow I like Lilie so much more now!

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Gladion has something about him that just makes me want to sock him one in the face, which has happened with the likes of Blue and Cheren.

I like him. He makes JoJo poses.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Man. I think the story of this game is shaping up to be better than BW's story. There is just so much going on all over the place...

(Watch the anime go the complete opposite way and butcher everything like they did BW).

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Man. I think the story of this game is shaping up to be better than BW's story. There is just so much going on all over the place...

(Watch the anime go the complete opposite way and butcher everything like they did BW).

They only butchered it because the earthquakes.

BlitzGirl41

Uhhh...That's a dude.

I only saw him from the shoulders up in the trailer so I thought the character was female... Now that I see the full body image online, I stand corrected. Very odd when villains are made to look somewhat feminine.

Status
Not open for further replies.