• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmoa

I only saw him from the shoulders up in the trailer so I thought the character was female... Now that I see the full body image online, I stand corrected. Very odd when villains are made to look somewhat feminine.

I misread the video footage as well. I thought he looked like Marie Curie.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Anyone going to point out that Gladion has 8th Grader Syndrome?

well everyone in the pokemon world can do things we can't... so i dont blame them

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
You know, looking at Gladion again his jacket kind of looks like Litten3's body, similar colours and shoulder tufts, y'know?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
You know, looking at Gladion again his jacket kind of looks like Litten3's body, similar colours and shoulder tufts, y'know?

A little bit yea. Plus him holding out his arm and shaking seems like it matches the litten evo's personality.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I definitely think theres a sibling relationship going on here. Lillie, Lusamine and Gladion all look related to me. And it seems like Lusamine promotes life hence Aether representing life, where as Gladion and Team Skull contrast and represent Death, I can see a Life Vs Death thing going on here.

I feel like Lusamine and Gladion being the older siblings, not agreeing with each others beliefs, and Lillie is caught in the middle, Lusamine and Gladion constantly fighting each other and arguing over each other beliefs, which is why Lillie is so against fighting

BlitzGirl41

I definitely think theres a sibling relationship going on here. Lillie, Lusamine and Gladion all look related to me. And it seems like Lusamine promotes life hence Aether representing life, where as Gladion and Team Skull contrast and represent Death, I can see a Life Vs Death thing going on here.

I feel like Lusamine and Gladion being the older siblings, not agreeing with each others beliefs, and Lillie is caught in the middle, Lusamine and Gladion constantly fighting each other and arguing over each other beliefs, which is why Lillie is so against fighting

I can get behind that! They all do have blond hair and green eyes.

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
Aether Foundation give me Institute from Fallout vibes. Anyone else? They're totally going to be evil. It wouldn't surprise me if Team Skull were formed by the Foundation to be used as scapegoats for their dastardly deeds. Their island is a 'safe haven for Pokémon' and 'they like to conduct experiments'. Those two things don't sit that well with me, especially when we have Type: Null, who is a chimera of a Pokémon comprised of body parts.

Wicke is super cute. It's pretty much the first time Pokémon has included a lady with a little more meat on their bones and they've done a pretty good job of making her rather attractive indeed, y'know, for an anime chick.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Definitely betting that the Aether Foundation leader and Lillie are related somehow. Gladion as well perhaps, but not too sure...

But speaking of Gladion, YES!!! He TOTALLY looks like main rival material! Now I can finally put one of my fears of Sun and Moon at ease...

knightwolf09

Definitely betting that the Aether Foundation leader and Lillie are related somehow. Gladion as well perhaps, but not too sure...

But speaking of Gladion, YES!!! He TOTALLY looks like main rival material! Now I can finally put one of my fears of Sun and Moon at ease...

Except he doesn't have a starter, so not MAIN rival, but a rival none the less.

BlitzGirl41

I just realized a mistake on Bulbapedia: They list Gladion under Aether Foundation, when on the official Pokemon site he is under Team Skull...

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Why would he have one? It already stated Null was his partner anyway.
Hm, never noticed that.

I could still see him stealing the other starter yet still having Null as his ace, kind of like Serena/Calem and their Mega Absol.

Gee, it's almost like people can have multiple Pokémon.

Also, I doubt that he'll use Null in our first battle if it's made to counter legends, and even if it has a nerfed form it'd either be too strong or too weak at certain points in the game.

There's also the fact that he has a seemingly unique theme, which seems to be very rival-y, and the fact that he appears to fight us in front of the Pokémon Centre right beside our home (which also seems to be our first Skull encounter), a perfect place to have the reveal.

goodpeople25

To be a rival, plus the most recent new rival kinda ended up with 2 partners. Honestly I don't really believe he'll have a starter but I can see good points in it. And hey when your partner is Type: Null what other pokemon but a starter would be able to compete and not be over shadowed? (And viceverca)

knightwolf09

Gee, it's almost like people can have multiple Pokémon.

Also, I doubt that he'll use Null in our first battle if it's made to counter legends, and even if it has a nerfed form it'd either be too strong or too weak at certain points in the game.

There's also the fact that he has a seemingly unique theme, which seems to be very rival-y, and the fact that he appears to fight us in front of the Pokémon Centre right beside our home (which also seems to be our first Skull encounter), a perfect place to have the reveal.

I know he can have multiple pokemon, but I doubt he get one when he'd get one. I think he has a unique theme cause he's a important character, possibly related to Lily and Lusamine. Also if the site stated that Null is his partner, that implies he's had it for a while, so you more than likely do have to battle against it your first battle against him.

BlitzGirl41

I am hoping that Gladion has the starter that's strong to the one we pick, since we already have Hua picking the weak on, and it'd be a good way to get all the starters "seen" in the Pokedex like more recent games have done. Plus, as others have pointed out he does have a "rival" look to him. I miss the days of the antagonist rival, even if in D/P I found the "your rival is your friend" kind of refreshing at first.

Sakuraba

I am hoping that Gladion has the starter that's strong to the one we pick, since we already have Hua picking the weak on, and it'd be a good way to get all the starters "seen" in the Pokedex like more recent games have done. Plus, as others have pointed out he does have a "rival" look to him. I miss the days of the antagonist rival, even if in D/P I found the "your rival is your friend" kind of refreshing at first.

Doesn't Lillie get the stronger starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.