• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
Clearly Alolan Oak.

Slightly different design, same name, from Alola... fits the bill.

lol

But speaking of which, I think its safe to say he will be the one to run us down on Alolan form Pokemon.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
OH MY GOSH, OAK WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU.

Seriously, I... I have no words.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

That was my reaction as well!

It's Hippy Professor Oak or a cousin of him at least.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Lykouros

Sandslash fan

Maybe they are really, really trying to imply that alternate universes aren't just a theory. Hahaha.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
He looks a bit young to be Professor Oak.
Maybe he's a distant relative or something?

Also, why are his eyebrows black but his hair colour is white?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
He looks a bit young to be Professor Oak. Also, why are his eyebrows black but his hair colour is white?

Maybe he's a distant relative or something?

His name in the trailer is straight up "Okido" (Oak). That our Samuel, but he just got some sun and has been neglecting his barber.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

clbgolden12

Plot twist: It's Gary Oak instead! :eek:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Eagerly waiting for Alolan Blue & Red here.

But seriously, this is genius. Gen I stuff getting Alolan Forms, so of course an Alolan Oak has to explain that since Kukui is busing taking Z-Moves to the face.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So..... where's Gary Oak?

I honestly think that Lusamine, Gladion and Lillie are related in some way. There's no way that it's a coincidence for them to have the same hair and eye colour. They could be family or siblings?

They probably used to be in the Aether Foundation except:
- Gladion may have defected from the Foundation after what they did to Type: Null and joined with Team Skull for revenge against them. He probably hates people mistreating Pokemon as well.
- Lillie probably lived a sheltered life and escaped from the Aether Foundation to find Gladion. Instead, she joined Kukui's assistant to observe people and Pokemon outside of the Foundation and how they treat each other. Maybe the Type: Null incident was the reason why she hates battles as well.

I have no doubt the three are family. It's going to be nice to see the relative of the villain help you out again like in BW. I just hope they stick around after the end of the game instead of leaving like N.

clbgolden12

So... Anyone else considering this might not be (the) Professor Oak? I mean, I'm pretty sure it's not possible for someone as light skinned as Oak to get THAT tanned.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
So... Anyone else considering this might not be (the) Professor Oak? I mean, I'm pretty sure it's not possible for someone as light skinned as Oak to get THAT tanned.

I just heard that it's his cousin, Nariya Oak.

Source: famitsu.com

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Trust me, it is. Besides, unless old Sammy boy had a twin we don't know about, there's no way that some random relative of his looks exactly like him. I mean, Blue has similar features, but I don't think this game is that far along in the timeline (40+ years after Gen 1 & 3).

Status
Not open for further replies.