• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
surprise its a cousin

Ok, they seriously just swapped around the syllables of Oak's name a bit, going from Yukanari to Nariya. Also Nariya is just one letter away from Nariyal, which means "coconut" in Hindi.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
From the official website [SUB]... not[/SUB]:

A part of the Oak family moved to Alola looking for pancakes. Due to Alola's harsh sun, the Alolan Oak have a darker skin compared to those who live in Kanto. As a form of adaptation to protect their necks from sun burn, the Alolan Oak grow big mullets.
They are popular among kids, who find their mullets 'cool'.

Metafogos

About the recent video:

- I see the Trial Captains making the pose of their specialization Z-move!
- Solgaleo and Lunala "run" to find each other. Then everyone thinks they will fight, but they goes to a dimensional tube (the Ultra Beast Dimensional Tube) together!!! Maybe to fight the UBs?
- The last Z-move pose is like something powerful... Maybe one specific for a powerful pokemon... Not apear be a Type Z-move.
- Fighting Z move pose finish with a direct Punch. The Ghost one finish with an imitation of a ghost (m -.- m).

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
OK is it true that the professor from radar was referenced in this trailer? You know the one that was friend with Fennel and studying the in between dreamworld and the universe 1 continuity...

Holy ****, if Ranch, Orre and Box are referenced then everything did come together

R_N

OK is it true that the professor from radar was referenced in this trailer? You know the one that was friend with Fennel and studying the in between dreamworld and the universe 1 continuity...

Holy ****, if Ranch, Orre and Box are referenced then everything did come together

Orre i dont ever see being referenced

Ranch, Box/Bank, and DR are gamefreak titles, Orre isnt

Aetius

Basically, in the games we will be introduced to Oak's cousin and Professor Burnett will make an appearance in them, right?
This is simply fantastic!

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I'm pretty sure that Lillie is going to turn out to be involved with the Aether Foundation. She wears all white, and her hair is kind of similar to Lusamine's. This is just a hunch, though, and I could totally be proven wrong.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
I was going to make a joke about Samuel being Oak in his Alolan Form, but cousin is good too I guess.

R_N

We don't even know if it's the very same Burnett.

I feel its one thing to do the "actually, its a cousin" with Oak
doing it again with a fairly obscure character feels a bit much.

And if any of the other professor's are going to be involved with UB research, I imagine its her

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

There's also the fact that Gladion comes from the genus Gladiolus, which are often called "sword lilies". Also, as I mentioned over int the Team Skull/Aether Foundation thread, there is a legend abouth the Gladiolus that also connects the two:

"Two brothers fell madly in love with the same young woman. Neither one would back down, with each believing they deserved her more. Their brotherly love gave way to intense hatred until it reached a point where they vowed to fight each other to the death. The battle raged, with furious clashes of steel echoing through the air, until both brothers fell due to their fatal wounds. In their final moments, they plunged their swords into the ground. According to the legend, from that very spot grew the first two gladiolus plants, with leaves like little swords and blood red flowers marked in their hearts with white splashes from the tears of the young woman who unwittingly and unwantedly caused their demises."

Now, in SuMo, we have Lillie, who wears white and is opposed to the violence, representing the girl from that myth, who regretted the battle of the brothers and left white splotches with her tears. Meanwhile Gladion is is more akin to the brothers, wearing red under his ripped black clothes, simulating the appearance of gashes, just like the mortal wounds the brother sustained (and we see him grip his shaking arm as though he's in pain), and who has an intense thirst for battle as well.

A Greek myth inspiring characters in SuMo actually fits quite well, seeing as everyone likes to point out the alchemy references, and European alchemy got its start with Aristotle in ancient Greece. It also serves as a nice follow up to AZ, who was seemingly inspired by the legend of The Wandering Jew.

.Aerodactyl.

Just looking at their Sprite's, do you think, if related, they would be twins? Lillie and Gladion look about the same age to me. Hard to tell who would be older.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Here is a theory I've seen on the Internet.

Do you think Samson will have anything to do with Gen I VC transfer? They could give the Bank Update an avatar of him as he "communicates with his cousin".

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Now every time I see Samson Oak I think of Samson from the film Half-Baked.

I just keep imaging him saying the player, "Shut-up, b*tch!" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.