• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowF

Mohn. The guy who handles the Poke Pelago.
I wonder if he is somehow related to Lusamine, Gladion and Lillie.

He's got the same hairstyle and color, especially to Gladion. Not sure about the eyes if it's blue or green though.

I agree and his eyes are green. Maybe it may confirm Lusamine, Gladion and Lillie are not ultra beasts since Mohn may be the father?

Aetius

Did anyone notice a female Team Skull grunt without her mask, hat and pendant?
She seems to be wearing casual clothes.
It's in the japanese trailer, at 2:24.

Last edited:

sketchersmeargle

Context for that is she didn't have enough money to buy the rest, since Team Skull Grunts have to buy they're own stuff for the costumes.

BlackRaven

Go Charizard!!!!
I hope we get a decent rival this time.
Someone like Blue

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
"Is This Professor Oak’s Alola Form?!"
Amazing.

Every time I see him I'm just going to think it's Professor Oak who got longer hair and a bad tan. I do think it's fitting that they decided to have him research Regional Variants being one himself basically.

I laughed more than I should have. I wonder if he boogie boards?

Orphalesion

Mohn. The guy who handles the Poke Pelago.
I wonder if he is somehow related to Lusamine, Gladion and Lillie.

He's got the same hairstyle and color, especially to Gladion. Not sure about the eyes if it's blue or green though.

Mohn is also German for "Poppy" fitting in with the flower theme of the rest?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I just noticed, Sophocles, who runs the Festival Plaza, a way to connect to other players to battle, trade, etc., is wearing a Gameboy with a link cable shirt.

Wonder if intentional or not...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I just noticed, Sophocles, who runs the Festival Plaza, a way to connect to other players to battle, trade, etc., is wearing a Gameboy with a link cable shirt.

Wonder if intentional or not...

Pretty sure it's part of his concept design.

Like with every game, there are a lot of throwbacks/easter eggs/references to all the previous games.
But considering this is their entry for celebrating the original game's 20th anniversary, Gen 1 takes most of the spotlight.
Even his keychain has an Electrode rather than non-Gen 1 Pokemon.

shadowF

So what do you guys think of Hau's text in the new english trailer?

http://i.imgur.com/R1tAyLoh.jpg

do you guys think that means he may be into competitive battling?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Just thought of something, what if Mohn (the guy who runs Poké Pelago) is the PC maintainer this region? Pelago is tied to the PC Storage System...

TyLogic

Just thought of something, what if Mohn (the guy who runs Poké Pelago) is the PC maintainer this region? Pelago is tied to the PC Storage System...

Oh, I haven't thought of that.

Maybe the first 5 or so boxes are the Pelago isles and the rest are average boxes. The screenshot of the PC boxes, what number was the box?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I mean.... Can be either she's native to that island, or the real life version of that flower has some connection to ghosts and spirits in Japan.

I really hope that Phoebe's just native to Alola for the sake of her making a cameo if possible. I'd also like if Looker shows up in Alola in the post-game like he has in recent games. Hopefully by this time his amnesia will be gone and he'll have a bigger role than he had in Or/As. :3

R_N

I really hope that Phoebe's just native to Alola for the sake of her making a cameo if possible. I'd also like if Looker shows up in Alola in the post-game like he has in recent games. Hopefully by this time his amnesia will be gone and he'll have a bigger role than he had in Or/As. :3

iirc, ORAS takes place before XY, which just brings up more questions about his amnesia

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
So a jerk? I'm not into that kind of rival cliche since it's been done so many times. Hau seems like pretty decent rival material, though.

idk. Myself, I do prefer the jerkish type to the "hunky-dory friendship" types. That way it's a bit more satisfying as we beat them into the ground instead of "do I have to fight this guy? I know how this is going to end and I'd rather just continue on my way then listen to his stereotypical friendship speech."

Personally, I'm hoping someone else fulfills a rival role besides him, like gladion. (As long as it's not a horde of wimpy friends like XY, though.) lillie could make for an interesting one too, depending on how they played her.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
idk. Myself, I do prefer the jerkish type to the "hunky-dory friendship" types. That way it's a bit more satisfying as we beat them into the ground instead of "do I have to fight this guy? I know how this is going to end and I'd rather just continue on my way then listen to his stereotypical friendship speech."

Personally, I'm hoping someone else fulfills a rival role besides him, like gladion. (As long as it's not a horde of wimpy friends like XY, though.) lillie could make for an interesting one too, depending on how they played her.
I'd like a rival like BW or BW2. They were on journeys, but for completely different reasons to you. Cheren wanted to be stronger above all else, and we got to watch him make his own decisions and actually grow as a person over the course of the game, eventually seeing the end result of that in BW2 where he becomes a gym leader. Hugh on the other hand was more like your standard buddy buddy rival, but that changed as he became more and more obsessed with getting back his sister's Purrloin, and we saw him take an honestly pretty dark path as he tried to get his revenge on Plasma.
In XY, on the other hand, you had more rivals than you could shake a stick at, but (partly because of that) none of them had enough screen time to show any development, or really interest me at all. They were also all so saccharin that I probably couldn't have put up with much more of them anyway...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.