• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightwolf09

I just noticed Red has the number 96 on his shirt. Where it all began.

BlackButterfree

OH MY GOD, RED IS SO ATTRACTIVE! <3 (But why is Wally still a child when his games canonically take place at the same time as Red and Blue's? He should be older...)

knightwolf09

OH MY GOD, RED IS SO ATTRACTIVE! <3 (But why is Wally still a child when his games canonically take place at the same time as Red and Blue's? He should be older...)

Remember. ORAS is supposed to be another universe to RS. So these games probably takes place on the same timeline as X and Y.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer

Looks like they just took his model from ORAS and transplanted it here I suppose.

My guess at the champion/rival list in the game:

Red
Blue
Lance
Wally
Steven
Wallace
Cynthia
Alder
Iris
Diantha

Maybe's?:
Silver
Barry
N
AZ (We would FINALLY see AZ Floette officially in action)

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Wally has a condition. We...don't like to talk about it.

Nah, but really, that's the anime style for ya. Some characters grow into normal looking adults, while others are perpetual children.

BlackButterfree

I really, really hope Leaf doesn't get ignored, even though I know this is hoping in vain.

Hell I know it'll never happen but, if I'm being very ambitious, I'd love to see (in addition to the four we already saw):

PC/Rivals: Leaf, Ethan, Kris, Lyra, Silver, May, Brendan, Dawn, Lucas, Barry, Hilbert, Hilda, Cheren, Bianca, Nate, Rosa, Hugh, Calem, Serena, Tierno, Trevor, Shauna (22)

Gym Leaders: Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Koga, Janine, Sabrina, Blaine, Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, Clair, Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson, Flannery, Norman, Winona, Tate, Liza, Juan, Roark, Gardenia, Maylene, Crasher Wake, Fantina, Byron, Candice, Volkner, Cilan, Chili, Cress, Lenora, Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Brycen, Drayden, Roxie, Marlon, Viola, Grant, Korrina, Ramos, Clemont, Valeria, Olympia, Wulfric (53)

Elite 4: Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Will, Karen, Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, Drake, Aaron, Bertha, Flint, Lucian, Shauntal, Marshal, Grimsley, Caitlin, Malva, Siebold, Wikstrom, Drasna (21)

Champions: Lance, Steven, Wallace, Alder, Iris, Diantha (6)

Team Leaders: N, Giovanni, Archie, Maxie, Cyrus, Ghetsis, Colress, Lysandre (8)

Frontier Brains: Noland, Greta, Tucker, Lucy, Spenser, Brandon, Anabel, Palmer, Thorton, Dahlia, Darach, Argenta (12)

Stat Trainers: Cheryl, Mira, Riley, Buck, Marley (5)

But 131 unique 3-D models in addition to all of the NPC's already featured in this game would be way too much, so I don't think that'll happen for one second, unfortunately... :( (Then again... SM is twice the size of XY and ORAS, so... Who knows?)

Last edited:

Orphalesion

As little as I like to admit it, I have to agree with others, grown up Red looks quite attractive.

At last a rematch with Red.

Now the only question I have will he have the same, boring, overdone team (Pikachu, all three Kanto starters, Snorlax, Lapras) like last time or has he picked up something new in the last decade or so?

BlackButterfree

As little as I like to admit it, I have to agree with others, grown up Red looks quite attractive.

Now the only question I have will he have the same, boring, overdone team (Pikachu, all three Kanto starters, Snorlax, Lapras) like last time or has he picked up something new in the last decade or so?

Inb4 he has Ash's entire Kalos team, and it turns out Ash-Greninja is not from Ash, but from Red. LOL After all, Ash is based on Red (though... they're obviously WILDLY different in present-day canons.)

BlackButterfree

It was the last trailer we got before the release or we will have more informations soon?

We usually get a trailer on the 1st or 2nd, and then another one anywhere from the 10th to the 14th. But since we just got one on the 27th, we might get the final trailer on the 7th or so. Remember, the game comes out in like three weeks.

R_N

We usually get a trailer on the 1st or 2nd, and then another one anywhere from the 10th to the 14th. But since we just got one on the 27th, we might get the final trailer on the 7th or so. Remember, the game comes out in like three weeks.

there will probably be one around the time for corocoro since that's set to be out before the games drop, so its more a question of if the games leak first.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Really glad to see a bunch of strong and well-loved trainers from the past return for what seems to be a pretty interesting part of the game. It'll be fun to battle with them once again!

misunderstoodhero

I really, really hope Leaf doesn't get ignored, even though I know this is hoping in vain.

Hell I know it'll never happen but, if I'm being very ambitious, I'd love to see (in addition to the four we already saw):

PC/Rivals: Leaf, Ethan, Kris, Lyra, Silver, May, Brendan, Dawn, Lucas, Barry, Hilbert, Hilda, Cheren, Bianca, Nate, Rosa, Hugh, Calem, Serena, Tierno, Trevor, Shauna (22)

Gym Leaders: Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Koga, Janine, Sabrina, Blaine, Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, Clair, Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson, Flannery, Norman, Winona, Tate, Liza, Juan, Roark, Gardenia, Maylene, Crasher Wake, Fantina, Byron, Candice, Volkner, Cilan, Chili, Cress, Lenora, Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Brycen, Drayden, Roxie, Marlon, Viola, Grant, Korrina, Ramos, Clemont, Valeria, Olympia, Wulfric (53)

Elite 4: Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Will, Karen, Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, Drake, Aaron, Bertha, Flint, Lucian, Shauntal, Marshal, Grimsley, Caitlin, Malva, Siebold, Wikstrom, Drasna (21)

Champions: Lance, Steven, Wallace, Alder, Iris, Diantha (6)

Team Leaders: N, Giovanni, Archie, Maxie, Cyrus, Ghetsis, Colress, Lysandre (8)

Frontier Brains: Noland, Greta, Tucker, Lucy, Spenser, Brandon, Anabel, Palmer, Thorton, Dahlia, Darach, Argenta (12)

Stat Trainers: Cheryl, Mira, Riley, Buck, Marley (5)

But 131 unique 3-D models in addition to all of the NPC's already featured in this game would be way too much, so I don't think that'll happen for one second, unfortunately... :( (Then again... SM is twice the size of XY and ORAS, so... Who knows?)

Whilst this is definately a big ask, I feel like its completely possible. I'm not sure how likely per se, but there's a lot of reasons why this could happen.

We should remember that the PWT did feature almost every gym leader and champion ever released at the time, so a PWT Version 2 (Which I'm thinking the Battle Tree) is could add the Kalos gym leaders & champion, all the relevent trainers from Alola AND all the previous protaganists, rivals and evil team leaders - and possibly even admins.
I think Wally's inclusion in the trailer is a good sign of this at least - showing a rival other then Blue indicates rival's could definately be a thing.
I think the connection that BW2 and SM being part of a second generation on one console means that the games can focus a lot more on content as most of the technical challenges regarding the console have been solved.
As I'm sure everyone is aware, these are the 20th anniveresy celebration games, meaning now is the best possible time to bring every major character together available for battle.
And lastly, what with the huge surge in popularity Pokemon GO brought back to the franchise, now is the best time ever for Nintendo to release a Pokemon game which reviews amazingly and can boast features like being able to battle every major character in the franchise.
It really isn't a question of whether Game Freak CAN do this but whether they want to or not. I'm sure Nintendo is willing to give Game Freak any resources they need to make this the best Pokemon game ever, as they know it can only result in an even greater return for them.

EDIT: I think the only thing we can reasonably confirm regarding this is that the vast majority of characters won't see any major redesigns like Red and Blue have. This would take a huge amount of concept art work to go through, so aside from perhaps the most major characters, everyone else will be getting the Wally treatment and keeping the exact same appearance we last saw them in.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Maybe Cynthia looks the same because DP remakes are a possibility?

I sure hope we see Steven or Wallace though and not just Wally

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer

"Psh, oh Red, the same old Snorlax, looks like you're just-"
-PULVERISING PANCAKE"
"....Oh sweet mother of Arceus"

In all seriousness. I'm assuming same team? Depends on this battle tree structure. Is it a set level situation like the Tower/Frontier/Maison? Or is it unrestricted level rules?
If unrestricted, Red could be our first proper Lvl. 100 opponent fight in a mainseries game.. I think

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
I'm glad Cynthia is returning.

gliscor&yanmega

"Psh, oh Red, the same old Snorlax, looks like you're just-"
-PULVERISING PANCAKE"
"....Oh sweet mother of Arceus"

In all seriousness. I'm assuming same team? Depends on this battle tree structure. Is it a set level situation like the Tower/Frontier/Maison? Or is it unrestricted level rules?
If unrestricted, Red could be our first proper Lvl. 100 opponent fight in a mainseries game.. I think
Japanese trailer shows everything with 3 Pokemon and level 50, so it's the standard rules from Battle Tower.

However, Red is shown using 6 Pokemon; as is Blue, so either there is an option for full teams or they can be fought outside of Battle Tree, most likely the latter. His team could be any level, kind of doubt they'll go for 100 but then again it could be a nice place to give quick exp especially when doing hyper training. I would assume he'll be in the 80s at least though.

Status
Not open for further replies.