• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyLogic

Hmm... do you think that Cosmog being stolen is why you end up having possession of th little puffball for a bit.

It's a possibility. Maybe the thieves are who Cosmog is afraid of in the trailer.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Wow I didn't expect this to happen.

Now I'm interested in the storyline.

TyLogic

Wow I didn't expect this to happen.

Now I'm interested in the storyline.

Well it's only speculation friend, though it does seem interesting.

novakun

I really don't think she is cutting her hair. When an anime character cuts their hair for character development it's usually a pretty extreme haircut. Lillie's hair is still long enough for a high ponytail that is clear swaying as she runs along. I'm sure she is just getting a costume change to symbolize that she is taking a more active/actiony role, looking more trainer-ish.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Since it seems we still don't have this information yet, anyone have any guess as to when we finally find out the official names of the player characters?

Edit: Waaaaaaah! :(

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Since it seems we still don't have this information yet, anyone have any guess as to when we finally find out the official names of the player characters?
I hate to say it, but at this point... Never.

Or maybe their official names are Helios and Selene...

Orphalesion

I don't really care about their official names, chances are they are pretty terrible. Considering that GF thought "Red" "Blue" "Lead" "Hilda" and "Hildbert"(seriously?) were okay names to give to characters, I don't really have confidence in their naming capabilities when it comes to PCs.

future.newyorker

I don't really care about their official names, chances are they are pretty terrible. Considering that GF thought "Red" "Blue" "Lead" "Hilda" and "Hildbert"(seriously?) were okay names to give to characters, I don't really have confidence in their naming capabilities when it comes to PCs.

Red and Blue are epic names that I love.

clbgolden12

Who the heck is "Lead"?

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher

Edit: Waaaaaaah! :(

From the E3 video, it looks like the names would be Elio and Selene.

[imgsize=300]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/HmUpdBZY__M/hqdefault.jpg[/imgsize]

Last edited:

R_N

From the E3 video, it looks like the names would be Elio and Selene.

[imgsize=300]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/HmUpdBZY__M/hqdefault.jpg[/imgsize]

Elio & Selen are just as relevant as Sun & Moon and any other demo names these guys have had. One of the names shown for Brendon was "Orlando" but he's still Brendon in ORAS

clbgolden12

Elio & Selen are just as relevant as Sun & Moon and any other demo names these guys have had. One of the names shown for Brendon was "Orlando" but he's still Brendon in ORAS
But in this case we literally have no other names it could really be. It looks to be Elio and Selene in this case.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher

Don't forget, Orlando and Anna were just codenames for the Ruby and Sapphire remakes (Orlando for Omega and Anna for Alpha) so they were placeholders for it. They've still retained their older names in the end because of them being remakes and all.
It's the same thing for X and Y. Their placeholder names were Xavier and Yvonne until they gave them their actual names called Calem and Serena.

Most of the placeholder names are a reference to the game's title whereas the actual names for them have no relation or reference to anything.
Elio and Selene sounds like the actual names of the main characters since we don't have a clue to anything else given. While Sun and Moon are their placeholder names just like Orlando and Anna, Xavier and Yvonne.

EDIT: I'm not trying to give a lesson or preach to anyone here. My fault if I was.

Last edited:

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
It's looking like Guzma might get a level of development I wouldn't have generally expected from a Pokémon game. Neat, I might just get the kind of depth I was really hoping for from the plot this time around. I already rather liked Lysandre, let's keep this trend going.

I'm actually a little giddy with curiosity what his team and the Aether foundation are going to be like in the new anime series, while they're not exactly the mightiest of edgelords their presence doesn't exactly work cleanly with ligher-softer-lulzier either.

It's looking like Guzma might get a level of development I wouldn't have generally expected from a Pokémon game. Neat, I might just get the kind of depth I was really hoping for from the plot this time around. I already rather liked Lysandre, let's keep this trend going.

I'm actually a little giddy with curiosity what his team and the Aether foundation are going to be like in the new anime series, while they're not exactly the mightiest of edgelords their presence doesn't exactly work cleanly with ligher-softer-lulzier either.

I am so hyped to see Aether do something (and hopefully something evil). Maybe we will end up with this anime going from a new start with ok animation then straight back to XYZ quality, with the evil arc being deeper and darker than the unexplored ocean. I already know part of what happens in-game, and to see it happen in the anime would probably make me watch it (which hadn't been my plan, I was gonna leave it at XYZ49). I'm so hyped for everything :D

Grey Wind

But in this case we literally have no other names it could really be. It looks to be Elio and Selene in this case.

But the same thing happens with every game: there's at least one placeholder name for the PCs, and when the game gets released we find out their "real" name. Not sure why you think it can only be Elio/Selene.

I don't really get the obsession with discovering their name though if I'm being honest. They don't appear as NPCs in-game so whatever's top of the default list is kind of irrelevant.

In the case that the other character does not appear in the game we just have to settle for a name picked by fans(like with Leaf who many people still refer to as Green).
I do expect Elio and Selene to be the most popular ones then.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I agree, but I'm curious to see whether or not they would include the E4, Frontier Brains, Subway Masters, Benga, or the Battle Chatelaines into the Battle Tree, since they've only appeared in one game. Who knows who they will bring back.

Well I'm thinking that they'll mostly include popular characters since the ones we've seen thus far like Red and Cynthia are very popular. I think we'll see a few more champions at least and although the chances seem low, I'd be so happy if we see Hoenn's Frontier Brains at the Battle Tree. :3

clbgolden12

But the same thing happens with every game: there's at least one placeholder name for the PCs, and when the game gets released we find out their "real" name. Not sure why you think it can only be Elio/Selene.
Because that's the only other names they have?

Status
Not open for further replies.