• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Discuss the characters thus far revealed for the upcoming ORAS games here!

All posts should be constructive, any speculation have some support (elaborate on your ideas!), and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" or 'Steven so hot' will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Or for short - you spam the thread, I slap your face.

LizardonX

Banned
Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

He really needs to hit the gym lol. Seriously, though, I liked his RS design way more: fit him much better, IMO.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Haha. Yeah. I was really surprised how big's gotten.
Meanwhile, Matt had been hitting the weights.

It's really interesting to see Maxie so... geeky.

Pilpulp

美的
The protagonists look great. There's way more depth to them than X&Y's. I don't see how you'd customize them. (I'm mostly talking about Brendan and his hat/hair)

I mean, I don't want to see him without his hat.

And honestly, I think customization was more of a fashion thing for Luminose in Kalos. Though its a great feature and they shouldn't take it out.

____

Team Aqua looks great. But what happened to Tabitha, him and Shelly look completely different.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I do wonder, would Wally be kept? He could have an expanded role in the story maybe. Like he could help the player fight Team Aqua/Magma.

He really needs to hit the gym lol.

Lmao, maybe it's all the hi-tech stuff that made him this huge. Like he could've gotten lazy with tech doing all the work.

But Team Aqua look like actual pirates, real pirates. Wonder how their roles would be altered.

diakyu

I just realized the Magma members together are forming a M with their poses.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Most of the character designs seem all right, but I don't like Maxie and Tabitha, Maxie looks to much like a stereotypical nerd (I'd have absolutely no problem with his design if it weren't for the large rimmed glasses) and Tabitha just looks so derpy and nonthreatening, like one of those fat guy NPCs put on a red jacket.

Sigging this. LOL

Pilpulp

美的
I do wonder, would Wally be kept? He could have an expanded role in the story maybe. Like he could help the player fight Team Aqua/Magma.

I assume the game is gonna stay the same, apart from Primal and Mega forms. And I'm pretty sure he'll stick around, lately we've had lots of rivals, and if you took him out we'd only have one. Plus, how on earth are we ever going to know how to catch a pokemon if Wally doesn't tell us, I mean come on.

But Team Aqua look like actual pirates, real pirates. Wonder how their roles would be altered.

I never saw Team Aqua as pirates for some reason, just people who loved water... Though now looking back on it they really look like pirates. Though in my opinion, and oddly enough, Team Plasma strike me more as pirates due to their ship. I mean submarines are pretty pathetic compared to colossal ships, they really should have gotten a ship as a base instead of whatever they had near Lilycove, a masterball would have been perfect loot on a ship. There could even be a whole cutscene of a submarine lowering from the ship into the water with Team Aqua in it. But, the ship has been done before.

I just realized the Magma members together are forming a M with their poses.

And I guess spreading their feet apart is an A for Team Aqua?

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Tabitha just looks so derpy and nonthreatening, like one of those fat guy NPCs put on a red jacket.

Agreed, they look like they were axed rivals from X and Y. Magma as a whole looks nonthreatening while Aqua looks like a band of pirate serial killers.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I like Courtney's re-design, but Tabitha looks dreadful imo. Thank God that Team Aqua's Admins kept their good looks at least.

Pilpulp

美的
I like Courtney's re-design, but Tabitha looks dreadful imo. Thank God that Team Aqua's Admins kept their good looks at least.

Courtney looks to bland in my opinion. Almost could pass as a grunt. She got way less detail than Shelly, who got the best redesign in my opinion. Team Flare would give Team Aqua a 10/10.

I completely agree about Tabitha.

shadowF

do you guys think this time wally might receive one of the starters? also here's hoping our rival can mega evolve their starter!

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot
This is absolutely hilarious if you watched Cuggaconroy's LP of Emerald. Now Tabitha was made fun of his weight AND NAME.

Poor guy can't catch a break.

I love all the designs, and prefer Magma. I think redesigning them into Ex-Labcoats was a cool move, IMO.

Leyniar

Correct me if this has been mentioned before, but the bracelets Brendan & May have now are the Mega Bangle, right?

Also I thought that Brendan was carrying the PokéNav but that just looks like a lock for his backpack. May also has it in black above her waist.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Correct me if this has been mentioned before, but the bracelets Brendan & May have in the new designs are the Mega Bangle, right?

Also I thought that Brendan was carrying the PokéNav but that just looks like a lock for his backpack. May also has it in black above her waist.

Yes and yes.

Those are the bangles. And those are just clasps for the bags.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I dislike the new makeover they gave May and Brendan. They looked way better in Ruby & Sapphire. May looks de-aged and Brendan looks buff xD

I love Team Aqua's makeover however. I'm impressed.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Okay, to be honest, I never really "got" what the heck team magma was supposed to be when originally playing ruby. I mean, Aqua was pirates, Rocket were thugs, plasma were knights, but what the heck was magma? I think that these new designs really make the vibe of the team much more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.