• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
As you said yourself in a later post, Aster was a "replacement goldfish" for someone she lost. She spoke to Aster as if it where actually her daughter, not just a pet she has affection for. If Aster really was a "replacement goldfish" why would Zinnia call it her daughter if the one she's replacing wasn't? Aster was a proxy for the original.

Between her battle animation, treating Aster like a human, and her questionable methods of saving the world, I think that she's is certainly mentally unstable (I explained that more in depth in my original post about her).

I can't really really argue with what you said about Zinnia saying the original Aster wanted something, because I don't remember that dialogue well enough. If you are right though, like I said before, Zinnia really could be anywhere as old as 25 (or older, since it can be impossible to ID ages in a game like this). I just mentioned death in childbirth because it confirmed closest to the theory that she's 18, which you seemed to support.

As for Nintendo's stance, as I said previously, death in childbirth and underage pregnancies don't even have to be a factor here. But even if they are, they are so well concealed and hidden, that it's not that big of a deal. This concealment so that the general public doesn't know exactly what's happening is the reason that we're even having this debate to begin with.

In the manga, Aster was the Lorekeeper before Zinnia. Not her daughter.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I thought they could have done better with the Elite Four's team when you first challenge them but I enjoyed the second round with them where they have mega evolutions.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Do you mean in their images? That annoyed me too.

Yes, it applies to images but most likely yes to the overworld models.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
But the manga doesn't always follow the games exactly, so the first Aster's relation to Zinnia in OR/AS might be different imo.
Going to have to agree with this, though I like the idea that the manga came up with.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I thought they could have done better with the Elite Four's team when you first challenge them but I enjoyed the second round with them where they have mega evolutions.

It is to reflect the original teams but some of them are a mix of the Pokémon teams from the original Ruby/Sapphire with Emerald + Gen 4 evolutions of Gen 3 Pokémon.

I wasn't really bothered by the way the E4's Key Stones were handled. I don't think that all characters having their own unique accessory for their Key Ktone is something to strive for, I think that would get ridiculous fast. I'm fine with the E4 keeping them in their pockets or something like that, like with all their other items, and then simply touching the Key Stone there.
Same goes with their designs, I don't really see why everyone needs to have their Key Stone visible. I will also admit that I don't really find the Key Stones aesthetically pleasing to look at so I'm rather happy that they aren't tacked on all the designs.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Apparently, an interview with ORAS staff explicitly stated that Aster was the Lorekeeper before Zinnia and had some kind of special power, completely Jossing the daughter theory. I heard this on another forum and I don't have the interview link, but it can supposedly be found on Pixiv.

Edit: The interview in question is from the April issue of Nintendo Dream, the same one that revealed how Mega Flygon was planned but axed.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I thought Steven taking us to southern island was pretty neat. Him knowing about mega evolution and giving us the keystone made his character stand out more.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Apparently, an interview with ORAS staff explicitly stated that Aster was the Lorekeeper before Zinnia and had some kind of special power, completely Jossing the daughter theory. I heard this on another forum and I don't have the interview link, but it can supposedly be found on Pixiv.

Edit: The interview in question is from the April issue of Nintendo Dream, the same one that revealed how Mega Flygon was planned but axed.

So you mean what I said last month? Thank you for posting this. There is no sarcasm here. I am being sincere in my thanks.

brilly

Wally was great, and actually I loved his revamped team.

I loved the way Steven was handled, and the new light he was portrayed in Delta Episode. It made him look more human with flaws and contradictions. He became one of my favorite characters of the franchise, and before ORAS I found him bland. Also, Mr Stone don't see to get perfecly along with his son, huh? Furthermore, Devon is slightly corrupted by using infinity energy

Brendam/May are more friendly, but i don't like how the game force the romance between the two. The rival has a crush but .., Well, my character at least don't reciprocate the feelings (LOL) I actually have nothing against romance, but would be better if the games don't force it, just implying by suggestive actions and dialogues, even among more than one character, for the player chose who suits him more. Also, it's just me that saw hints between the player and zinnia or Steven?

Zinnia is ok. I don't see her as a villain, but neither the heroine. And someone noticed that the player, in the end, followed Zinnia ideas, even if Steven and other scientists though she was an idiot? And maybe the player is related to the draconics, even without know?

I loved Wallace too, how he got more spotlight, he is really charismatic. And I missed Juan. He could at least be found in the tournements.

Last edited:
Hello I don't know if you have notice, but while watching a video on youtube, I stomp onto something, you know that agent looker appears with amnesia on the battle resort, well, and that the events in oras and fr/lg happen at the same time in timeline continuity, well agent looker was aboard of the SS. Anne from kanto, the ship sunk and he got amnesia, why? Look at this...
View attachment 15203

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Hello I don't know if you have notice, but while watching a video on youtube, I stomp onto something, you know that agent looker appears with amnesia on the battle resort, well, and that the events in oras and fr/lg happen at the same time in timeline continuity, well agent looker was aboard of the SS. Anne from kanto, the ship sunk and he got amnesia, why? Look at this...
View attachment 15203

This had been floating for a long while now.

Here are some in-depth look on Looker's possible origins:
Theory A
Theory B

There are a few more over the Internet. Some even involve Hoopa.

Yeah! Bu the thing is that the picture I "tried to up load" shows that a character on the SS Anne tells the player to "shhhh" because he is a global police agent! O.O and that was back om red and blue! There is only one character with those titles

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Yeah! Bu the thing is that the picture I "tried to up load" shows that a character on the SS Anne tells the player to "shhhh" because he is a global police agent! O.O and that was back om red and blue! There is only one character with those titles

Yes, I know. That's what I just posted.

A lot of people before you already theorized that this Global Police Agent can possibly be Looker.
So it's really nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.