• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhixun

Please don't do that thing with Brendan/May again where they have a level 34 unevolved starter in their final battle.

It probably will not happen and I think the starter will fully evolve. Otherwise it would be a waste of mega evolution in my opinion.

gliscor&yanmega

Please don't do that thing with Brendan/May again where they have a level 34 unevolved starter in their final battle.

I'm hoping for the same thing. I can understand the reasoning; since they gave up being a trainer, giving them an incomplete team would reflect that. I don't mind if they still give up being a trainer but, just do it after they have their team fully evolved.

Grey Wind

so with steven now studying mega evolutions, do you guys think that will be his main role with Wallace being the champion?
I hope not. The scans don't really point either way to me, it's still up in the air.

Yeah, that was dumb. Hopefully they get a battle after Lilycove to finish up their story and are rematch-able post game. Wally could do with an extra battle somewhere around Fortree too, to show some progress as a trainer so his appearance as the final rival doesn't come out of nowhere (although I guess that was supposed to be a twist or something).

Whose to say your rival will get to Mega Evolve in this game?
I think it'd be a waste not to. Your main rival in X/Y ended up being able to mega evolve in the end, but (s)he didn't have a starter that could do so (so they went with Absol). Now the rival will have a starter to mega evolve, so I think we'll be seeing it happen. Especially since both Brendan and May have some sort of bracelet on their wrists (the Mega Bangle?) and I don't think they'd take that out from the character you don't choose and who ends up becoming your rival.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
why shouldn't they be able to?

it'd be consistent with Hoenn being challenging, and Calem/Serena could Mega Evolve in XY (just not their starter)

Considering that Calem/Serena were much more serious trainers than Brendan/May, I think Brendan/May are less likely to be given Mega Evolutions. Now Wally might Mega Evolve, but he wouldn't be as interesting because we already saw Mega Gardevoir in XY. Unless he gets the third starter and Mega Evolves that.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Considering that Calem/Serena were much more serious trainers than Brendan/May, I think Brendan/May are less likely to be given Mega Evolutions. Now Wally might Mega Evolve, but he wouldn't be as interesting because we already saw Mega Gardevoir in XY. Unless he gets the third starter and Mega Evolves that.

But still, it would be such a waste if we had one Hoenn starter never fully evolve for a mega evolution. I almost doubt Nintendo would let that opportunary run off ignored. Even if May/Brendan don't fully evolve their starter at Lilycove, the game can always add extra battles with your rival postgame like for Serena/Calem in XY with the Hoenn mega evolution.

I really want to see Maxie and Archie interact now with those new designs. Maxie looks like the nerd that holds a grudge on Archie because of the cliche nerd/jock dynamic in high school.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
both of them look like they haven't had anything to eat in days imo

does Hoenn even have food

gliscor&yanmega

But still, it would be such a waste if we had one Hoenn starter never fully evolve for a mega evolution. I almost doubt Nintendo would let that opportunary run off ignored. Even if May/Brendan don't fully evolve their starter at Lilycove, the game can always add extra battles with your rival postgame like for Serena/Calem in XY with the Hoenn mega evolution.

I really want to see Maxie and Archie interact now with those new designs. Maxie looks like the nerd that holds a grudge on Archie because of the cliche nerd/jock dynamic in high school.

Archie probably made fun of Maxie because he didn't get enough sun.

I kind of want Wally to get the third starter and have him, the other player character, and us, all get are starters to Mega Evolve. Would probably have to get rid of the catching demo though, unless he gets the starter after getting Ralts, but they could still have him do a catching demo using the starter. I do hope Wally gets a few battles in before the final battle.

both of them look like they haven't had anything to eat in days imo

does Hoenn even have food

Tropius has Bananas growing off it's chin. Everyone eats them, the Tropius I mean...not the Bananas.

Last edited:

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Archie probably made fun of Maxie because he didn't get enough sun.

I kind of want Wally to get the third starter and have him, the other player character, and us, all get are starters to Mega Evolve. Would probably have to get rid of the catching demo though, unless he gets the starter after getting Ralts, but they could still have him do a catching demo using the starter. I do hope Wally gets a few battles in before the final battle.

Tropius has Bananas growing off it's chin. Everyone eats them, the Tropius I mean...not the Bananas.

Archie: Do you even lift?

Maxie clearly has not.

Brendan looks like he had one too many red tauros with his manic smile.

May looks like she took some happy pills and is just out of it.

^This is too accurate and spot on, IMO: additionally, May looks almost doll like with those soulless eyes, and Brendan looks like a jock now or something. May's bow sucks compared to her bandana as well.^

tbh we should have seen what happened to Maxie coming given his voice in the anime

I don't really know how I feel about the new character designs. Team Aqua overall is infinitely cooler than Magma; it kinda seems like Tabitha had too many Tauros burgers while Matt OD'd hard on steroids. Archie finally embraced his inner pirate and Maxie is pretty much a twig.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'm guessing Matt works out at the same place as Knuckles, Ike, and Swampert

Status
Not open for further replies.