• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroBR

I hope I'm not saying a BS, but as far as I remember back in RSE they both wanted to enlarge the Sea/Ocean for the Pokèmon and people.
So yeah, I guess that they're developments of the remakes. :D

That was the crux of it at the time. I like the more developed version of these teams, though. Their motivations are more in line with some of the other teams we have seen since.

Wow, if that's correct, it's a huge development. Before it was pretty dumb, but now they really sound serious.
Magma seems like a more "traditional" evil team: using Pokémons to benefit themselves, thinking them as only tools to mankind.
Aqua doesn't sound so good. We could see them as an activist group for Pokémon rights that went too far, what makes it different to what we're used to, but still sounds dumb. I mean, there are Pokémon on the land too, even more than aquatic ones.

Even though Magma seems more logical for an evil team, now i'm curious to how they'll develop Aqua's motivations. Plus, Kyogre is my favorite Pokémon and i love Sableye/Seviper, no Alpha Sapphire is still the way to go for me!

Aetius

That was the crux of it at the time. I like the more developed version of these teams, though. Their motivations are more in line with some of the other teams we have seen since.

Same here.
This time around their motivation seem to be more logical and interesting. :D
Besides my favourite team is the Aqua one; I just love these rowdy and funny pirates. LOL

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Not sure if this is the right place to talk about the team's lore, but seems to be the most fitting, so here goes:

As far as i remember from the originals, Aqua/Magma teams goal was to expand the sea/land, because they somehow thought that would be cool. Maybe that's because i was only a kid with poor english skills back then, but i can't remember any other details on their motivations. Were there any other, or that's it?

I'm asking because the official site tells a bit more about it: Magma wants more land to add more space for humanity to progress, and that equal coexistence between mankind and Pokémons is a foolish idea. On the other hand, Aqua wants a bigger ocean to make an ideal home for the Pokémon who lost it because of humanity's greedy progress.
Link: http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/story/goals-of-team-magma-and-team-aqua

Did those motivations exist back on RS, or are they developments of the remakes?

That actually distances both teams quite a bit. In the original it was "we need more water/land" but now there's a purpose to that. I agree, aqua's motivation is a little silly since there's land pokemon too and i like that magma are more on the take advantage of pokemon for benefit of themselves.

I noticed in a picture of tabitha, when he has his eyes opened that is actually really cool. Never gonna be as amazing as original tabitha but i hate the new one a little less. good job there GF. Courtney on the other hand looks so robotic, so emotionless, just not interesting at all. I know the original didn't have much of a personality except for a revenge against you in the seafloor cavern, where she shows she's really angry and wants to crush you but new courtney...i need to see more but for now, i'm not liking her much.

On the opposite side the thoughts are the same but swapped. i just LOVE the new shelly, the fan service and that she's actually very smart and skilled. Old shelly was ok, i would love if she kept the hair color but it's fine, i love the new design and if i could i would swap courtney for her and get old tabitha and bam! my dream evil team is assembled. Matt on the other hand has the same problem as courtney...he's the muscle head and that's just it, just a really buffed dude. I certainly like the new design but that's it.

But for me one of the funniest things that happened was with the grunts. old magma grunts were the coolest, the outfits are still the best of all the other teams. And damm female magma grunts were so sexy. Aqua's grunts however were just sailors, nothing really appealing about the costumes. I liked the costumes but they really paled in comparison to magma's supreme design. The new aqua designs make them justice, they are great and are way more intersting then magma's new design which i really don't like. It's gotta be the orange clothes. The original used 2 colors red and black. It blends in perfectly. The new ones just look strange. The male has tights now, great. I think that may be it. The female costume is just ok, maybe at par with the old one. Remove the orange long sleeved top and it may be even better. The male one is just lame, really, that's the only thing that comes to mind when i see it and compare it to aqua's new designs. The shoes are dumb, they wear tights...which in a team that is probably going to spend a lot of time in really hot places it's a bad idea to have long sleeves.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
74.jpg

So she returns after all :D

Hopefully her dialogue remains the same as the original :p

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Schade

Metallic Wonder
That girl didn't have a huge role in RSE, did she? If anything, didn't she just direct you to the dreamy soda-house?

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
I'm interested in seeing when we get the mega bangle. In the Meteor Falls screenshot we don't have it so we must get it sometime after that. If we get it before the weather institute, I'll really be hoping for a mega castform.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I'm interested in seeing when we get the mega bangle. In the Meteor Falls screenshot we don't have it so we must get it sometime after that. If we get it before the weather institute, I'll really be hoping for a mega castform.

I believe we may get it post-game this time. Or near the end of the main storyline.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I believe we may get it post-game this time. Or near the end of the main storyline.

X and Y definitely had it too early,but near the end of the story is too late,maybe around the 5th Gym(maybe your Dad gives it to You after you Beat Him)

HunterxLuffy

I don't believe we will get the mega bangle post-game. There are two characters in each game we know to have mega evolutions for their team; Archie/Maxie (depending on which game you get) and Wally. I highly doubt GF would have other characters mega evolve while you, the main character, couldn't.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That girl didn't have a huge role in RSE, did she? If anything, didn't she just direct you to the dreamy soda-house?

Yeah I personally didn't think of her as an important character per se, but it's nice that she's still there in OR/AS. But right now I'm more interested in seeing Liza & Tate's and Wallace's new artwork and maybe Gabby & Ty's as well if they get new art at all.

shadowF

I hope they show wally more this time and when they do the rematch thing in postgame his pokemon level up the same way that your rival in pokmon platinum leveled up, I think it will be a lot of fun! how many people with mega evolutions do you guys think we will battle this time? With pokemon X and Y we had Korrina, Lysandre, serena/calem, and Diantha with everyone but Lysandre being able to be rebattled again.

Zoldakin

"Yo, trainers! Whether you're hot to trot, or cool cat not, chill at my papa's spot!"

Not as good as "Where did you come from? (Yes/No)" but it's one of the more notable NPC's.

hahaha. One of my favorite NPC lines of all time though. I used to sing it in a rhythm to my friends all the time and it would piss everyone off. I love little things like that. That's why I think the games need more useless NPCs, like in castelia and lumiose. Personally, I find it fun. Who didn't spend waaaaay too much time thinking about that ghost girl in lumiose.

Akashin

I hope they show wally more this time and when they do the rematch thing in postgame his pokemon level up the same way that your rival in pokmon platinum leveled up, I think it will be a lot of fun! how many people with mega evolutions do you guys think we will battle this time? With pokemon X and Y we had Korrina, Lysandre, serena/calem, and Diantha with everyone but Lysandre being able to be rebattled again.

Well, we already have Archie/Maxie, Steven, Wally, and Lisia (though whether she will battle you outside of contests remains to be seen). I figure we may get Brendan/May as well (if their appearance at Meteor Falls can in fact be taken as a hint that they will be more significant than they were in RSE), but I don't expect any more than that.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
hahaha. One of my favorite NPC lines of all time though. I used to sing it in a rhythm to my friends all the time and it would piss everyone off. I love little things like that. That's why I think the games need more useless NPCs, like in castelia and lumiose. Personally, I find it fun. Who didn't spend waaaaay too much time thinking about that ghost girl in lumiose.
Of ghost and thick pilars of to adventure we go!

Zoldakin

woah bro. I think you've had too much internet for one night. I appreciate the enthusiasm but I can't figure out your grammar. I'll just smile and nod along.

:D YEAA!! of we goo on adventures!! *I think*

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic
I think the new designs look really cool. I really like Stevens new design, those little gauntlets or whatever at the end of his sleeves fits him having Metagross.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan

The 1st time i saw that line i couldn't believe it. Are GF (or NOA) making innuendos? I would never expect something like that from pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.