• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Ah yes, I remember the Soda Pop stand girl. Sweet introduction there, pun not intended. =p

But then, I'd be surprised if she had been cut/said something too different.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Would you see juan return? Since the 8th gym leader will probably wallace, I would like them to at least put him in the game somehow. I don't like him at all but i would like to see him at least appear in the games. Wallace IMO never deserved the promotion to champion and that made emerald's variety of leaders/E4 awfull. The last gym leader and the champion have the same type. So boring. I like the upgrade they did with drake but simply reusing 1 type that was already in the leaders is not acceptable to me. Gen 2 i can forgive since look at what lance did! He went against the rocket underground base in mahogany like a champ, hyper beaming his way trough those scrubs. Heck, he WAS the champion in gen 1 if it wasn't for gary "10 badges" oak so clair was just to make gen 1+2 have gyms of all types except for dark, which karen took the job and did what she could with the new type (having sneasel wouldn't hurt, just saying). I like it when the champions, supposedly the strongest trainers in the region, actually do something and try to solve the region's problems. That's why cynthia, steven and lance are awesome and all the others are lame. Adler is just pathetic, i know he's old and he lost his partners before but the gym leaders actually did something there and they are supposed to be weaker. In BW2 however, they are simply gone, besides the new ones, which struck me as really weird. They should have done something at least when opelucid was frozen. Iris just points you to the obvious new spot that could only be where they were hiding and wallace just follows you around and says: "you can do it". Diantha...she's the fairy tale princess, a famous actress and somehow she is stronger than siebold or malva (one of them should be the champ). If they don't develop her in Z or XY2 i'll still look at her the same way as i look now: the most bland and boring champion with nothing interesting about her. She's an actress? In what movies is she? Can i see at least 1 of them? I mean in the last game you could watch movies, why not in here where's a movie star that's also the freaking champion?

But going back on wallace and juan, I hope we get a cameo of juan (because he also just appeared out of nowhere) and keep wallace as the gym leader. No wallace takes the champion's place and steven wanders off crap. Steven should remain the champion!

Oh and BTW, norman is the best gym leader ever just because he's the only main character's dad that we see. Another bada5s uniqueness of gen 3.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Judging how bits of the games are revealed, it is unlikely that Juan or anyone or anything from Emerald would be in these games, but we have to wait and see.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Judging how bits of the games are revealed, it is unlikely that Juan or anyone or anything from Emerald would be in these games, but we have to wait and see.

so no battle Frontier... are ye insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not every aspect of the games will be revealed beforehand, especially when it comes to post-game stuff (Battle Frontier for example).

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Not every aspect of the games will be revealed beforehand, especially when it comes to post-game stuff (Battle Frontier for example).

Alexander18 is probably talking about main quest stuff like magma's hideout and of course juan. It would be a shame however if they remove the space station double battle with the leader and the admin. I know team aqua has no reason to be there but they could arrange one. I loved teaming up with steven to take out maxie and tabitha.

I'm now counting on them bringing the frontier back like HGSS did.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

It's still too soon to tell imo, but I personally never cared for Juan anyway, so his presumable absence in OR/AS wouldn't even phase me. Tbh, I'm surprised that he had a big following to start with. :p

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
It's still too soon to tell imo, but I personally never cared for Juan anyway, so his presumable absence in OR/AS wouldn't even phase me. Tbh, I'm surprised that he had a big following to start with. :p

I know right? I didn't like his schmuck snob douchy ladies man looks (sprites were all to me back then) but i guess some like him. I just don't want a gym leader that has the same type as the champion be it in the main quest or post-game. Never again! oh god wallace was an horrible champion. Champions should never stick with 1 type and wallace is the only one who does this. lance, iris, steven and adler all had a base type but with some variants. Lance is probably the best flying type trainer ever since his options, although limited, are great.

Last edited:

Akashin

I know right? I didn't like his schmuck snob douchy ladies man looks (sprites were all to me back then) but i guess some like him. I just don't want a gym leader that has the same type as the champion be it in the main quest or post-game. Never again! oh god wallace was an horrible champion. Champions should never stick with 1 type and wallace is the only one who does this. lance, iris, steven and adler all had a base type but with some variants. Lance is probably the best flying type trainer ever since his options, although limited, are great.

We already know Steven is the Champion, so Juan will have no impact on that whether he comes back or not.

I think I prefer Wallace because he had a little more personality that Juan. In that they had basically the same personality but Wallace had it first and he at least helped you a little bit during the apocalypse.

But yeah, they are basically interchangeable and I wouldn't particularly care which one I got since Steven is the champion and that's all I cared about on the matter.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I just find Wallace's outfit too tacky. Like a refurbished ABBA tour outfit given a cape from Liberace.

Lorde

I think I prefer Wallace because he had a little more personality that Juan.

Wallace was bland in R/S imho, but he was still leagues above Juan as a character. Wallace was at least memorable in my view whereas Juan will always be known as Wallace's replacement and that's it in my opinion.

.Aerodactyl.

I, sadly, never knew Juan as I never played emerald. But I will say that I never really cared for Wallace to begin with. I do like Juan's artwork, if that counts for anything.

Is it too much to expect another double battle gym with Juan and Wallace running? I think we will at least meet Juan post game even if we don't battle him as a gym leader.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Wallace was bland in R/S imho, but he was still leagues above Juan as a character. Wallace was at least memorable in my view whereas Juan will always be known as Wallace's replacement and that's it in my opinion.

Im all wbout the game experience and i can say that kingdra was a spawn from the darkest deeps of hell over that milotic...yeh yeh i get it milotic has hordes of fanboys but that blasted kingdra did the job much better in my humble opinion.

Since we don't know whether or not Juan or Wallace is going to the last gym leader, I'd like to see ORAS pull a BW, and have version exclusive gym leaders.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Since we don't know whether or not Juan or Wallace is going to the last gym leader, I'd like to see ORAS pull a BW, and have version exclusive gym leaders.
Ok that wouldnt be that bad its some sort of fridge brilliance if you ask me.

Lorde

No thanks imo. Since these are remakes of Ruby/Sapphire, and Emerald's features don't seem very prominent, I'd rather see Wallace as the sole Sootopolis Gym Leader in OR/AS. :x

Bueno~

Brazilian Trainer
I'm the only one who liked the 8th gym leader and champion as Water-types?
Don't get me wrong, Steven is my favorite Champion, but that, considering just how sea-intensive Hoenn is, just felt right. And it had so much variety of Water options! From Kindra to Tentacruel to Milotic to Ludicolo and so on and on.
It really gave Hoenn a distinct feel of nature for me, it fit. And Steven was still a proeminent character, a post-game final test and a badass.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan

My exact thoughts, juan was just a replacement. kingdra was the hardest to defeat back in emerald.

Do you remember any other memorable characters (battleable or not)? The wintston family was a neat challenge and that meditite was no joke. I can also remember Jr and sempai with roselia/graveler and spinda/slaking, those 2 spreading teter dance all around and using slaking's brute force to just tear through anything. Also the fossil hunter was always a little strange to me. Why digging through his house? were there fossils there? the whole thing could fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.