• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowF

However I do feel that what is there is probably finalized.

With the exception of plot stuff, it appears the bulk of the script is there, the location data is there, the encouner tables are there, the pokemon are there, the non-facility trainers are also probably final considering you can almost physicall SEE a level curve before your eyes and it includes rematch data, etc

also can i just say again how happy i am to see elite 4 rematches. No gym rematches is sad but it was disheartening to not see XY have proper league rematches. Full teams and items and megas and everything!

so should I give up in perhaps battle resort leaders or battle frontier leaders?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
so should I give up in perhaps battle resort leaders or battle frontier leaders?

We really know nothing about the Battle Resort.
We know it exists. And apparently we have an apprentice in it too, similar to the original Frontier.
But that's all there is to it. We know nothing else.

Trainer roster for whatever Tower/Subway/Maison/Frontier type of facility appears to be separate from the main trainer data.
And the dumped trainer data has a lot of placeholder data (Lv. 5 Zigzagoons).

Let's not forget the Mauville Food Court daily battles too. If it's similar to Nimbasa Stadiums, trainers will gradually increase in levels too.
We currently don't know which data belongs to that place too.

I say, don't give up. But don't expect too much either.

R_N

We really know nothing about the Battle Resort.
We know it exists. And apparently we have an apprentice in it too, similar to the original Frontier.
But that's all there is to it. We know nothing else.

Trainer roster for whatever Tower/Subway/Maison/Frontier type of facility appears to be separate from the main trainer data.
And the dumped trainer data has a lot of placeholder data (Lv. 5 Zigzagoons).

Let's not forget the Mauville Food Court daily battles too. If it's similar to Nimbasa Stadiums, trainers will gradually increase in levels too.
We currently don't know which data belongs to that place too.

I say, don't give up. But don't expect too much either.

I would give up, actually.

The placeholder data means nothing. Those just mean they had battles there and scrubbed them out. BW2 had a ton too and I'm sure XY did as well.

I would honestly say you probably should give up hope for resort leaders or the frontier brains. The Maison ladies have specific ORAS model listings while there appear to be no placeholders for other brains. They also have their trainer art in there while there's nothing for other important-but-unlisted trainers.
Technically still possible, I suppose, but it's probably best not to get excited over literally nothing.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I didn't understand how we should consider it as finalized, even though Salamence and some other Pokemon even don't have their M-Stone named but instead: "@-[767 etc.]" It seems to me that it's the code specifically prepared until the release of the demo. So, they can cover what has been announced so far.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
But it's always there!
Of all things to play the "nothing is absolute" card is on this is not the time to do that!

Well, to each his own.
I try to keep an open mind. If I'm proven wrong, then I'm wrong.
I just don't like premature conclusions.

Anyway, the point here is, data is incomplete, as to be expected from a demo, and things are still subject to change on the full and final version.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
On a different topic...
I was digging through the text data again and found this among the list of overworld models:

Go undercover and infiltrate Aqua/Magma Hideout like in HGSS?

[spoil]These data are found:

HEROINE_RS
HERO_RS
CONTEST_HEROINE_RS
CONTEST_HERO_RS
MAGMA_HEROINE_RS
AQUA_HEROINE_RS
MAGMA_HERO_RS
AQUA_HERO_RS

This is also found within the same list:

MAGMASUIT
AQUASUIT

HEROINE refers to May, while HERO refers to Brendan. CONTEST_HERO/INE refers to their Contest models. So... that must mean...[/spoil]

Yeah, I mentioned that a few days ago when someone mentioned the possibility.

If we can infiltrate the Team Magma/Aqua, that means a big change in the storyline involving Team Magma/Aqua.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
I never had the opprtunity to check Aarune's team in the data because there was too many spoilers for me. I just want to know, is Flygon his only pokemon that he uses for battle?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
If we can infiltrate the Team Magma/Aqua, that means a big change in the storyline involving Team Magma/Aqua.

don't you already go through their hideout in RS, just not while wearing their clothes

I never had the opprtunity to check Aarune's team in the data because there was too many spoilers for me. I just want to know, is Flygon his only pokemon that he uses for battle?

yes

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
don't you already go through their hideout in RS, just not while wearing their clothes

... you do that for EVERY SINGLE POKEMON GAME! You go through Galatic hideout. You went through N's Castle and Plasma firgade in BW/BW2 and you went through team flare hideout in X and Y. What is SPECIAL here is that you basically go undercover like in HG/SS.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I like how Tabitha can open his eyes. And they are mildly terrifying...

A side question-what's the name of the female playable character? (Orlando's counterpart)

We don't know. It's presumed to be May like the rival, but we can't be sure.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
While infiltrating Aqua's/Magma's Hideout with a disguise is a new twist, I don't particularly care for it. I just found it redundant in HG/SS when we had to get a TR disguise temporarily and it may be the same way in OR/AS imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.