• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumiho

Blasian
A delphox did it. Honestly these are the kind of things the designers tend to overlook.
And will probably continue to overlook, considering who their MAIN consumer target is.

R_N

One thing I found odd about the character interaction, which has happened in games before, is that Team Aqua and Magma didn't even know who Steven, the Champion of the region they're in, is. It happened in Emerald too in the Space Center, and in the Team Rocket Hideout in Johto with Lance. How do they not know this?

For some reason the champion is meant to be a mystery in like every game but BW1.
Very secretive, these highly renown battlers

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I would like that somewhere in the future we get someone who specializes simply in water/rock types. Have you seen how many of those exist? good god there's so many, probably the 2nd or 3rd most common type after bug/flying and normal/flying.

Someone who only uses Water/Rock types? I could sweep that team so hard with a Grass type.

R_N

So I was checking the sets and stuff for the e4 rematches and...
Sableye (Lv. 73) @[~ 754] (Ability: Prankster) (Moves: Shadow Claw/Foul Play/Power Gem/Fake Out) IVs: All 25
While I appreciate the thought behind giving it Prankster, not giving it anything to actually USE with it is kind of weird.

(her first round has it too)

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
So I was checking the sets and stuff for the e4 rematches and...

While I appreciate the thought behind giving it Prankster, not giving it anything to actually USE with it is kind of weird.

(her first round has it too)

It may be an oversight on Game Freak's end. Don't forget that the data was obtained from an earlier build of Alpha Sapphire so things are subject to change and most likely will to correct any mistakes or oversights. Hopefully.

R_N

It may be an oversight on Game Freak's end. Don't forget that the data was obtained from an earlier build of Alpha Sapphire so things are subject to change and most likely will to correct any mistakes or oversights. Hopefully.

Prankster is the third ability. It was a definitive decision to give it to her when the default would have served just fine (Keen Eye).
I doubt it was an oversight or mistake. I'm pretty sure there's been other instances of these kind of things throughout the series. Doesn't matter as much for the second round anyway, since mega evolution always happens the moment the thing is sent out.

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
Prankster is the third ability. It was a definitive decision to give it to her when the default would have served just fine (Keen Eye).
I doubt it was an oversight or mistake. I'm pretty sure there's been other instances of these kind of things throughout the series. Doesn't matter as much for the second round anyway, since mega evolution always happens the moment the thing is sent out.

Eh, true.. If that's the case, then there's an OK chance that the first battle will have its move set altered slightly to make use of Prankster.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'm still wondering why the dump shows that Ninja Boy Lao's rematches are registered between the Steven Champion battle and the Steven/Wallace/Wally rematch.

He's not an important trainer, he's just a random Ninja Boy on the ashy route before Fallarbor.

It's nice to see his team gets revamped, though.

Speaking of revamped teams, now that I take a look at it, some of the rematch-able normal trainers got their final team revamped, by replacing one of the Pokemon with something else not in Hoenn Dex. Schoolkid Jerry has Bisharp instead of Banette (unfortunately his male Kirlia evolves into Gardevoir instead of Gallade ._.) while Guitarist Dalton gets Chatot instead of a second Magneton, Lass Haley gets Whimsicott instead of Swellow, Ace Trainer Brooke gets Purugly AND Lapras.......

Makes filling the Dex much easier, and I like that.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I'm still wondering why the dump shows that Ninja Boy Lao's rematches are registered between the Steven Champion battle and the Steven/Wallace/Wally rematch.

He's not an important trainer, he's just a random Ninja Boy on the ashy route before Fallarbor.

Speaking of revamped teams, now that I take a look at it, some of the rematch-able normal trainers got their final team revamped, by replacing one of the Pokemon with something else not in Hoenn Dex. Schoolkid Jerry has Bisharp instead of Banette (unfortunately his male Kirlia evolves into Gardevoir instead of Gallade ._.) while Guitarist Dalton gets Chatot instead of a second Magneton, Lass Haley gets Whimsicott instead of Swellow, Ace Trainer Brooke gets Purugly AND Lapras.......

Whats wrong with male gardevoir? I mean we are getting both registered in the dex as Wally uses gallade.

shadowF

Maybe Ninja Boy Lao is the one who will show us the battle resort like we battle him a couple of times and he then says that thank you for showing strength and brings you to the battle resort where he brings Felix and co and tells you to apprentice the others as you have him?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Maybe Ninja Boy Lao is the one who will show us the battle resort like we battle him a couple of times and he then says that thank you for showing strength and brings you to the battle resort where he brings Felix and co and tells you to apprentice the others as you have him?

Why would such a minor character from R/S/E have such a big role in OR/AS?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Why would such a minor character from R/S/E have such a big role in OR/AS?

I personally believe he is one of a character that will mention how he got "stronger" after each re-match, considering from Lv.29 to having a full team Lv.60's can only be explainable with this. Perhaps, Battle Resort is indeed Battle Chateau or White Tree Hollow that we can increase our levels up like we did in X/Y or B2/W2.

Yet again, this is just an opinion.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I personally believe he is one of a character that will mention how he got "stronger" after each re-match, considering from Lv.29 to having a full team Lv.60's can only be explainable with this.

Ninja Boy Lao didn't even have level 60s like Kelvin and the others, though ;)

And his final team only consist of 3 Weezing, unlike Kelvin and the others who have 4 different Pokemon.

Also, Kelvin and the others have level 60 stuff since the start, they just change Pokemon. Lao is more similar to other normal rematch-able trainers in that his team starts out weak but becomes stronger.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I wonder if Lao and the other 6 aren't actual frontier brains, but just characters in the resort, to create some sort of rival dynamic. The generic text attached to them could be for a placeholder, considering how GF usually doesn't copy/paste dialogue that much.

shadowF

could the battle maison be in the battle resort and instead of seven facilities we get 8? perhaps the battle maison boss is the fare prince trencherman?

DasManiac

They're not in the data that we have thus far from the demo, so they apparently won't appear at all in OR/AS.

Battle facility data has only been found in Emerald. Nobody has ever found that data in the rest of the games. Heck nobody even knows where the type data is stored in BW and that game came out four years ago. There's tons of data that nobody has been able to find in the games. In all likelihood Japanese hackers have found it but English speaking hackers are years behind.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Battle facility data has only been found in Emerald. Nobody has ever found that data in the rest of the games. Heck nobody even knows where the type data is stored in BW and that game came out four years ago. There's tons of data that nobody has been able to find in the games. In all likelihood Japanese hackers have found it but English speaking hackers are years behind.

If Japanese hackers had found it, everyone would still know about it.

R_N

Uh, wiat, what

We've had the battle facility data on hand for gens 4, 5 & 6 with no issue?
I assure you people did not just go through the battle tower/frontier/subway/pwt/maison a million times to compile all team variants

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
Uh, wiat, what

We've had the battle facility data on hand for gens 4, 5 & 6 with no issue?
I assure you people did not just go through the battle tower/frontier/subway/pwt/maison a million times to compile all team variants

I have a friend who did it with Maison. He compiled data on like over 200 Pokémon for the Battle Maison. The guy's insane. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.