• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leyniar

Thanks Wulava! I hope they don't replace the PokéNav. I loved the match call feature.

lavanda

Really feeling it
I find it interesting that most people are labeling Team Magma so hastily, Maxie looks more like a mastermind than a nerd, taking out his glasses I don't see anything screaming stereotypical nerd. As far as admins go, I really wouldn't call Tabitha derpy, he fits more the "cruel fat guy" stereotype.

Profesco

gone gently
I miss Shelly's curly red hair (last name Temple, anyone?).

I'd also like to know what's up with the teams diverging along apparent race lines. Unless all of the Aqua members are just really, really tan? I wonder if that was intentional. It's noticeable, and uncomfortably weird for being so.

Glad someone else is disappointed with the new May. No bandanna; now it's a bow. No mere spandex workout shorts; now it's Shauna-esque minishorts on top. No more collared flak jacket-looking vest; now it's a frill-bottomed low-cut tanktop with Lyra-style ... neck flaps? I have no idea what those are called. Man, I do wish they'd forgone the minishorts. Any young women playing Pokemon don't need the encouragement to wear underwear on the outside and pretend they're legitimate pants.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I dislike the new makeover they gave May and Brendan. They looked way better in Ruby & Sapphire. May looks de-aged and Brendan looks buff xD

I love Team Aqua's makeover however. I'm impressed.

Agreed, they look so bootlegged to me. I don't like the tans either, or the eyes. May looks even younger now, and isn't it odd that she isn't aged up because the recent protagonists were 16 years old?

Yup, same here, they look very dangerous now, can't say the same for Magma though.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Okay, to be honest, I never really "got" what the heck team magma was supposed to be when originally playing ruby. I mean, Aqua was pirates, Rocket were thugs, plasma were knights, but what the heck was magma? I think that these new designs really make the vibe of the team much more clear.

And what exactly is Team Magma's "vibe"? I only ever thought of them as eco-terrorists. :x

Marsalevsky

Shiny Collector
I feel as if Maxie looks a bit younger now as well, compared to his old artwork. Anyone else?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Okay, to be honest, I never really "got" what the heck team magma was supposed to be when originally playing ruby. I mean, Aqua was pirates, Rocket were thugs, plasma were knights, but what the heck was magma? I think that these new designs really make the vibe of the team much more clear.

I wanna say...

... demons? *shrug*

I'd also like to know what's up with the teams diverging along apparent race lines. Unless all of the Aqua members are just really, really tan? I wonder if that was intentional. It's noticeable, and uncomfortably weird for being so.

They're tanned, but pirates would spend way more time out in the sun than cave-dweller nerds would so it makes sense.

Last edited:

Kuvario

That is true. But I'm sure that they're not high-tech lazies. I thought they were Eco-terrorists with a wolf-like hood.
I just really dislike the new designs.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I wonder if the reason May looks similar to Shauna is simply because in the game graphics they merely did a quick swap and re-used Shauna's character model for May with some slight alterations.

Notice how May's toes/legs are pointed inward like the way Shauna stands in the games too.

Kuvario

I wonder if the reason May looks similar to Shauna is simply because in the game graphics they merely did a quick swap and re-used Shauna's character model for May with some slight alterations.

Notice how May's toes/legs are pointed inward like the way Shauna stands in the games too.

You know, I never really thought of this. You're right, they look very similar. They could be it, no wonder they did the game so fast.

Hmm, I thought that was nothing, but you're right. Even the skin tone look similar too.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I really feel bad and sorry for all the characters that are getting all these disappointment and hate from fans.
But meh, you'll all get used to it in a few days. You can't do anything about it anyways.

Dad

For the Patriarch!
I really feel bad and sorry for all the characters that are getting all these disappointment and hate from fans.
But meh, you'll all get used to it in a few days. You can't do anything about it anyways.

I can pout.

LizardonX

Banned

I really, really want the room you fight tabitha in to contain tons and tons of cookies.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails

Yeah, I myself am on the fence about this, I want it to be updated yet I cant help but like the original more. But in the end its freaking Hoenn, so who cares, its gonna be epic.

lavanda

Really feeling it
People always come to their senses when the games come out, so yeah. I already see all the May fanart in the future.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Brendan and May will probably be customizable anyway, so you can make them look however you want. I'm sure a bandana will be an option for May in the clothing changes.

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot

Preeeeeety much. GameFreak pretty much knows how play with people's expectations.

Clic-Magma will rule you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.