• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we don't know how much time passes in between ORAS and XY. The Fairy type could still have been classified "recently" in terms of one year, three, five; hell, even twenty years, if your frame of reference is wide enough. Obviously, that's an extreme, but if the last known type classification occurred one hundred years ago, then by comparison, the Fairy type being classified twenty-or-fewer years ago would indeed be "recent" (and it makes more sense to say that it was classified a few years ago anyway, as that would give Valerie's Gym time to actually be built and established). Additionally, if the games do take place within a fairly close timespan, then from Sycamore's perspective, the Mega Evolutions that were introduced in XY would seem like examples of Mega Evolution that are found "only" in Kalos, since many of those Pokémon are not native to Hoenn.

Either way, the Delta Episode implies very heavily that what Janovy said is the case. FRLG/E - HGSS/P - BW - B2W2 are one universe, while ORAS - XY are another.

Not so sure this is the case; references are made throughout XY to earlier games. I believe it would go original timeline (no Mega Evos, so no Draconids and Kalos possibly being destroyed in war along with AZ (Ancient Ruins such as Relic areas could be outposts of Kalos but be extremely old now, obviously)). So FRLG/ RSE (~same time) - HGSS/DPPt (~same time) - BW - BW2, and this alternate, Mega Evo timeline would be pretty much the same, just XY/ORAS (as far as we know around the same time) after these, or, very confusingly, it could be:
ORAS
Emerald (?) (included due to Emerald references being more sequel-istic than third version)
XY (or vice versa, honestly, who knows?)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
X and Y also reference past games, like mentioning Team Plasma. I assumed the multiverse thing was to mainly either explain why megas and fairies weren't in the past games or to allow people to build their own idea of which versions are "canon." For instance, if you played White over Black, then you could say that was canon. Though, B/W is not the best example since it also teased both being canon in different timelines.

Well, the whole idea with the multiverse concept was that the two universes were practically identical aside from a few key differences. AZ's war, Mega Evolution, Fairy types, Mewtwo being in Kalos instead of Kanto, the Sea Mauville replacing the Abandoned Ship, Archie/Maxie not failing their science classes on every conceivable level, Hoenn in the 3DS Universe being more technologically advanced than in the GBA/DS Universe, and so on and so forth are key differences, but by and large, everything still happens the same way - we still have Team Aqua and Team Magma in Hoenn led by Archie and Maxie, Roxanne-Wallace are still Gym Leaders, Steven is still the Champion, his dad is still the president of Devon, Brendan/May still become the Champion, May/Brendan and Wally are still their rivals, etc.. So when XY talks about Team Plasma "making news in the Unova region a while back" (which is all that it says), it's just talking about this universe's iteration of Team Plasma. We don't know what they did that made the news or even if their goals are exactly the same in this universe, but we know that they exist, which stands to reason because there isn't really that much of a variation between the specific individuals who live in either universe or what they amounted to in their lives (indeed, a major point of Zinnia's character is that wishes to meet her departed comrade Aster once again, and it is implied that she wishes to find Aster's GBA/DS Universe counterpart).

Not so sure this is the case; references are made throughout XY to earlier games. I believe it would go original timeline (no Mega Evos, so no Draconids and Kalos possibly being destroyed in war along with AZ (Ancient Ruins such as Relic areas could be outposts of Kalos but be extremely old now, obviously)). So FRLG/ RSE (~same time) - HGSS/DPPt (~same time) - BW - BW2, and this alternate, Mega Evo timeline would be pretty much the same, just XY/ORAS (as far as we know around the same time) after these, or, very confusingly, it could be:
ORAS
Emerald (?) (included due to Emerald references being more sequel-istic than third version)
XY (or vice versa, honestly, who knows?)

Same thing as I was saying. In a situation like this, they're not technically references to past games - in a meta sense, sure, they are, but story-wise, they're just proof that this universe contains its own versions of people and events that also exist and did similar things in the other universe, and we don't even have to look any further than the plot of ORAS in order to see that that is true.

Zinnia specifically says that the other universe is less technologically advanced, and that it never featured AZ's war or Mega Evolution. However, we know from playing those games that the general "shape" of that universe is the same as this one. Events unfold in essentially the same way, except for a few key differences where they apply - the absence of Mega Evolution and AZ's war shouldn't stop Team Plasma from existing, because they formed independently of any of that stuff. However, the plot of XY simply cannot happen in the GBA/DS Universe, because it is so heavily predicated upon Mega Evolution and AZ's war. But there's still a Kanto, there are still those same Gym Leaders, and so on. So the universes are structured as such:

(GB/GBC Universe: RGB > GSC)

GBA/DS Universe: FRLG/Emerald > HGSS/Platinum > BW > B2W2

3DS Universe: ORAS > XY

Not trying to be rude, but it seems as though people aren't seeing the bigger picture here.

Last edited:

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
Well, the whole idea with the multiverse concept was that the two universes were practically identical aside from a few key differences. AZ's war, Mega Evolution, Fairy types, Mewtwo being in Kalos instead of Kanto, the Sea Mauville replacing the Abandoned Ship, Archie/Maxie not failing their science classes on every conceivable level, Hoenn in the 3DS Universe being more technologically advanced than in the GBA/DS Universe, and so on and so forth are key differences, but by and large, everything still happens the same way - we still have Team Aqua and Team Magma in Hoenn led by Archie and Maxie, Roxanne-Wallace are still Gym Leaders, Steven is still the Champion, his dad is still the president of Devon, Brendan/May still become the Champion, May/Brendan and Wally are still their rivals, etc.. So when XY talks about Team Plasma "making news in the Unova region a while back" (which is all that it says), it's just talking about this universe's iteration of Team Plasma. We don't know what they did that made the news or even if their goals are exactly the same in this universe, but we know that they exist, which stands to reason because there isn't really that much of a variation between the specific individuals who live in either universe or what they amounted to in their lives (indeed, a major point of Zinnia's character is that wishes to meet her departed comrade Aster once again, and it is implied that she wishes to find Aster's GBA/DS Universe counterpart).
True. Just because Team Plasma exists in the mega evolution verse doesn't mean B/W happened. For all we know, with mega evolution showing how strong humans can bond with Pokémon, they might have not even made it as far in this verse. Alternatively, they could have been an even bigger threat if N figured out how to mega evolve.

This entire concept has so much fanfic/theory fuel to it.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
True. Just because Team Plasma exists in the mega evolution verse doesn't mean B/W happened. For all we know, with mega evolution showing how strong humans can bond with Pokémon, they might have not even made it as far in this verse. Alternatively, they could have been an even bigger threat if N figured out how to mega evolve.

That's a good point. Similarly, the GBA/DS Universe's Kalos region must be incredibly uneventful, as without AZ's war and Mega Evolution, Lysandre would have no way of carrying out his plans of genocide, and Sycamore would not have become a Professor (or at least, he would specialize in something else). In turn, this makes it unlikely that Calem/Serena even went on a journey at all in that universe, although Lysandre may have turned out to be a better guy.

This entire concept has so much fanfic/theory fuel to it.

I am particularly fond of the ways that it can be adapted to the GB/GBC era. One person on Bulbagarden forums suggested that in these games' universe, the Time Capsule technology that they invented was imperfect and created massive distortions in reality (glitches), until eventually the whole universe simply folded in on itself and collapsed (internal battery death). Additionally, Pokémon themselves would have been far less biologically complex, with simpler IVs and no Abilities. Very clever stuff.

Heck, for all that we know, that universe may really have had only 251 kinds of Pokémon in it.

Last edited:
I am particularly fond of the ways that it can be adapted to the GB/GBC era. One person on Bulbagarden forums suggested that in these games' universe, the Time Capsule technology that they invented was imperfect and created massive distortions in reality (glitches), until eventually the whole universe simply folded in on itself and collapsed (internal battery death). Additionally, Pokémon themselves would have been far less biologically complex, with simpler IVs and no Abilities. Very clever stuff.

Heck, for all that we know, that universe may really have had only 251 kinds of Pokémon in it.
Ehh seems a bit of a stretch to me. It just seems like a bit of a too big break of the 4th wall to explain some things that were never meant to happen. It's quite a huge leap to this theory from the quotes we got from Zinnia. I personally think that the glitches of the first games never actually existed in-universe, since they weren't meant to.

Anyway, speaking of (conspiracy) teories. I am really wondering about just what Devon is doing in the games. Mr. Stone talks about using Infinity Energy to help humans and pokémon, the use of this energy is also the reason why Devon is so succesful and ahead of others in Hoenn. But we all know that the Infinity Energy came from the Ultimate Weapon originating in using pokémon's life force. I don't really see how they can think of that as a good source.
Not to mention that Devon also seems to have some involvement in Sea Mauville(if they weren't the ones who are behind it being created in the first place), which again seemed to investigate Infinity Energy. And we all know how the workers there were treated.
There is a worn-out sign. Sea Mauville’s 10 slogans for a cheerful and fun workplace.
01. Say good morning very loudly.
02. Don’t bring Pokémon to your workplace.
03. Always arrive on time. Always stay late.
04. Lay your life on the line in safety checks.
05. Take joint responsibility for teamwork.
06. Obey your superior’s orders absolutely.
07. Maintain top quality. Give up your sanity.
08. Worship and praise the founder.
09. Don’t expect time off before you retire.
10. No need to think. Just work unceasingly.
It might just be me but Devon seems kind of shady this time around.

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Ehh seems a bit of a stretch to me. It just seems like a bit of a too big break of the 4th wall to explain some things that were never meant to happen. It's quite a huge leap to this theory from the quotes we got from Zinnia. I personally think that the glitches of the first games never actually existed in-universe, since they weren't meant to.

Well really it's just a bit of fun, not meant to be taken entirely seriously. I know that the glitches don't really exist in the story, but I find it fun to consider.

Anyway, speaking of (conspiracy) teories. I am really wondering about just what Devon is doing in the games. Mr. Stone talks about using Infinity Energy to help humans and pokémon, the use of this energy is also the reason why Devon is so succesful and ahead of others in Hoenn. But we all know that the Infinity Energy came from the Ultimate Weapon originating in using pokémon's life force. I don't really see how they can think of that as a good source.
Not to mention that Devon also seems to have some involvement in Sea Mauville(if they weren't the ones who are behind it being created in the first place), which again seemed to investigate Infinity Energy. And we all know how the workers there were treated.
There is a worn-out sign. Sea Mauville’s 10 slogans for a cheerful and fun workplace.
01. Say good morning very loudly.
02. Don’t bring Pokémon to your workplace.
03. Always arrive on time. Always stay late.
04. Lay your life on the line in safety checks.
05. Take joint responsibility for teamwork.
06. Obey your superior’s orders absolutely.
07. Maintain top quality. Give up your sanity.
08. Worship and praise the founder.
09. Don’t expect time off before you retire.
10. No need to think. Just work unceasingly.
It might just be me but Devon seems kind of shady this time around.

Indeed. But then, Mr. Stone seems like such a stand-up guy. Maybe they've found a way to harness the energy that doesn't harm the Pokémon? Although that would still be kind of ethically sticky, I imagine... N would probably go catatonic if he heard about it. And it also calls to mind Team Galactic, who was similarly researching the energy that Pokémon give off when they evolve, which Rowan thought unwise of them as he believed it to be a mystical energy that was beyond human control.

Or maybe Mr. Stone is just real slick. His son is the Champion, after all... it would be almost crass, but admittedly very interesting, if we found out that Devon was running secret lifeforce extractions labs à la the basement of the Team Galactic HQ in Veilstone. But Game Freak would never go that far... would they?

And, I wonder why Wattson doesn't seem have to taken much of the brunt for the failure of Sea Mauville. He did oversee it, didn't he?

Last edited:
Indeed. But then, Mr. Stone seems like such a stand-up guy. Maybe they've found a way to harness the energy that doesn't harm the Pokémon? Although that would still be kind of ethically sticky, I imagine... N would probably go catatonic if he heard about it. And it also calls to mind Team Galactic, who was similarly researching the energy that Pokémon give off when they evolve, which Rowan thought unwise of them as he believed it to be a mystical energy that was beyond human control.

Or maybe Mr. Stone is just real slick. His son is the Champion, after all... it would be almost crass, but admittedly very interesting, if we found out that Devon was running secret lifeforce extractions labs à la the basement of the Team Galactic HQ in Veilstone. But Game Freak would never go that far... would they?
Yeah it really seems suspicious. The only reason I don't completely believe that the Stones have questionable intentions is because this is( as you say) pokémon after all. However some of the stuff they have used the technology for doesn't sound like having the users' health in mind at all like this: There are little glass bottles lined up inside a dusty cabinet, all with the same label... “Wake Up with Devon Energy Elixir! Now with Refined Seviper Extract! Increase your Focus! Work for Days! You’ll Never Need Another Rest!”
I also think it is mentioned that Tabitha/Shelly worked for Devon previously too, but I can't find the exact quote. Regardless it's no doubt that the teams tried to get hold of Devon's technology with this whole AZOTH stuff going on.
However the possibility that Mr. Stone is just real slick certainly can't be ingored either.

And, I wonder why Wattson doesn't seem have to taken much of the brunt for the failure of Sea Mauville. He did oversee it, didn't he?
Yeah, Wattson is really weird. Always being so cheerful. Although he is one of the few that I think has completely good intentions. Although the fact that he seemingly married a young Ace Trainer is a bit off.
Seeing some of the logs from Sea Mauville mentions that he always seemed to have great dreams, and that he possibly tried to oppose some organization.
Combined:
■Devon Secret Investigation Report
The development on new energy turned out to be true. The energy that uses Pokémon's bioenergy is called Infinity Energy.
■Investigation Report on Wa—son
A series of actions related to cancellation of the New Mauville Project turned out to be true. I recommend prompt disciplinary action against him as a traitor to our group. Dock Team E Leader, Operative Group —

It’s an old, hide-bound notebook. “The damage caused by the cancellation of the New Mauville project has been catastrophic. As a member of the management, much of the blame and the debts will fall upon me. But that will be little consolation to the employees working under me who will lose their livelihoods. I couldn’t do a thing for them... I’m a man with no power... Protecting nature and Pokémon and the environment... It’s great as an idea. It’s a fine ideal to aspire to. And Wattson is a great man for dreaming of it all. But cruel reality and the organization that I must try to preserve have dashed those dreams. I couldn’t do a thing for him... I’m a man with no power...” This is the last page with writing on it. Other pages have been torn out.

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Yeah it really seems suspicious. The only reason I don't completely believe that the Stones have questionable intentions is because this is( as you say) pokémon after all. However some of the stuff they have used the technology for doesn't sound like having the users' health in mind at all like this: There are little glass bottles lined up inside a dusty cabinet, all with the same label... “Wake Up with Devon Energy Elixir! Now with Refined Seviper Extract! Increase your Focus! Work for Days! You’ll Never Need Another Rest!”

Assuming that Mr. Stone is harvesting such energy, I don't think Steven would know about it. He obviously cares for Pokémon; his Metagross can Mega Evolve, and he defended the Eon Dragon alongside you at the Southern Island. I can't really picture him being complicit in such an operation, although I could potentially see Mr. Stone intentionally keeping Steven in the dark while also benefiting from his high status and positive reputation in the community.

I mean, yeah, I think we're in agreement that the series only ever goes so far, but still... in the last three Generations, but with particular emphasis on Gen VI, they seem to be quite a bit less reluctant to delve into darker tones and a grittier sense of reality. Emma being a homeless orphan, the man in Anistar who dies while borrowing your Pokémon, Lysandre's attempt at genocide in order to prevent a global resource crisis, and then his subsequent (apparent) death, and of course, everything to do with AZ's war/the Ultimate Weapon and Sea Mauville... my point being that it's all a lot more than I thought they were capable of doing, even after featuring such lovably incorrigible scamps as Ghetsis and Cyrus.

I also think it is mentioned that Tabitha/Shelly worked for Devon previously too, but I can't find the exact quote.

Mm, very interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I've only just beaten the sixth Gym, myself. I know it said on the official site that Courtney was a scientist too, so who knows.

Yeah, Wattson is really weird. Always being so cheerful. Although he is one of the few that I think has completely good intentions.
Seeing some of the logs from Sea Mauville mentions that he always seemed to have great dreams, and that he seemingly tried to oppose some organization.
Combined:
■Devon Secret Investigation Report
The development on new energy turned out to be true. The energy that uses Pokémon's bioenergy is called Infinity Energy.
■Investigation Report on Wa—son
A series of actions related to cancellation of the New Mauville Project turned out to be true. I recommend prompt disciplinary action against him as a traitor to our group. Dock Team E Leader, Operative Group —

It’s an old, hide-bound notebook. “The damage caused by the cancellation of the New Mauville project has been catastrophic. As a member of the management, much of the blame and the debts will fall upon me. But that will be little consolation to the employees working under me who will lose their livelihoods. I couldn’t do a thing for them... I’m a man with no power... Protecting nature and Pokémon and the environment... It’s great as an idea. It’s a fine ideal to aspire to. And Wattson is a great man for dreaming of it all. But cruel reality and the organization that I must try to preserve have dashed those dreams. I couldn’t do a thing for him... I’m a man with no power...” This is the last page with writing on it. Other pages have been torn out.

I agree, Wattson seems like his hands are relatively clean. From those documents, I'm getting the impression that maybe Wattson was only a element of the Mauville projects, and not necessarily the person in charge of them. Devon carrying out an investigation on him, and then Dock (who was said to have done "dirty jobs" for the corporation) labeling him a "traitor"? I guess for trying to cancel the New Mauville project? If Wattson were the head of it all, then that would seem very odd. Maybe Devon commissioned him to come up with the designs?

Although the fact that he seemingly married a young Ace Trainer is a bit off.

wat

Assuming that Mr. Stone is harvesting such energy, I don't think Steven would know about it. He obviously cares for Pokémon; his Metagross can Mega Evolve, and he defended the Eon Dragon alongside you at the Southern Island. I can't really picture him being complicit in such an operation, although I could potentially see Mr. Stone intentionally keeping Steven in the dark while also benefiting from his high status and positive reputation in the community.

I mean, yeah, I think we're in agreement that the series only ever goes so far, but still... in the last three Generations, but with particular emphasis on Gen VI, they seem to be quite a bit less reluctant to delve into darker tones and a grittier sense of reality. Emma being a homeless orphan, the man in Anistar who dies while borrowing your Pokémon, Lysandre's attempt at genocide in order to prevent a global resource crisis, and then his subsequent (apparent) death, and of course, everything to do with AZ's war/the Ultimate Weapon and Sea Mauville... my point being that it's all a lot more than I thought they were capable of doing, even after featuring such lovably incorrigible scamps as Ghetsis and Cyrus.
Sorry about that. I should have been more specific. I was referring to Mr. Stone and his grandfather. Which Mr. Stone claims is the guy that came up with the idea to use Infinity Energy and was the previous president of Devon that led it into greatness. I agree that Steven seems like a good guy(maybe a bit naive though, or just having a less money focused view on life in general? I don't know, I kind of expect wiseness from a champion as well)

Honestly I actually like this kind of storytelling a lot. Sure it's a bit dark but you have to put it together yourself, and it's not very evident in the games unless you search for it. Most of it is just text as well and very rarely graphically represented. (Although that won't stop people from complaining about it not being fit for a children game if they really want to) With some exceptions of course, I don't think Lysandre's plan to kill nearly everybody could have been any clearer than publicly announcing it for example.

Mm, very interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I've only just beaten the sixth Gym, myself. I know it said on the official site that Courtney was a scientist too, so who knows.
Well at least you're ahead of me. Given that I don't have the game yet I can't really validate anything I see unless there's pictures or text references. (and seaching for text is a pain)

I agree, Wattson seems like his hands are relatively clean. From those documents, I'm getting the impression that maybe Wattson was only a element of the Mauville projects, and not necessarily the person in charge of them. Devon carrying out an investigation on him, and then Dock (who was said to have done "dirty jobs" for the corporation) labeling him a "traitor"? I guess for trying to cancel the New Mauville project? If Wattson were the head of it all, then that would seem very odd. Maybe Devon commissioned him to come up with the designs?
Getting the same feeling as well. Right now I believe that Wattson might have not known what he was getting himself into, but tried to stop it/change the direction when he became aware.

Again, I haven't played the games yet, so this might have been taken entirely out of context. But this is what I'm referring to.

Last edited:

HexManiacAbby

What, more plot twists? And who's this Devon guy? (Sorry, not too familiarized with Hoenn characters since I never played the originals in the first place)

Dang, I just wonder how much more money I'll have to save to see a 3D Mudkipz now...

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
man, the Sea Mauville lore is way #3deep5me

I need to go look at those logs again

Mr. Stone confirmed for Bigger Bad of Sin/Cos games

given Steven's general stand-up-guyery, I almost wonder if he became a Trainer as opposed to the company heir in order to escape that

What, more plot twists? And who's this Devon guy? (Sorry, not too familiarized with Hoenn characters since I never played the originals in the first place)

do you remember Silph

it's kinda like that, but in Hoenn

HexManiacAbby

given Steven's general stand-up-guyery, I almost wonder if he became a Trainer as opposed to the company heir in order to escape that

do you remember Silph

it's kinda like that, but in Hoenn

Ah, OK. I'd say that this Devon has something to with the evil Teams but since the games are already this is not probable. Maybe a Sequel Hook and he'll work with the next evil Team?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Sorry about that. I should have been more specific. I was referring to Mr. Stone and his grandfather. Which Mr. Stone claims is the guy that came up with the idea to use Infinity Energy and was the previous president of Devon that led it into greatness. I agree that Steven seems like a good guy(maybe a bit naive though, or just having a less money focused view on life in general? I don't know, I kind of expect wiseness from a champion as well)

Ahhh, okay, I see now. I didn't know he mentioned a father who was involved in the company; I must have glanced over that.

Honestly I actually like this kind of storytelling a lot. Sure it's a bit dark but you have to put it together yourself, and it's not very evident in the games unless you search for it. Most of it is just text as well and very rarely graphically represented. (Although that won't stop people from complaining about it not being fit for a children game if they really want to) With some exceptions of course, I don't think Lysandre's plan to kill nearly everybody could have been any clearer than publicly announcing it for example.

Also agreed. I don't have any issue with it, as they tend to handle it maturely, and their preexisting penchant for ambiguity only makes it better.

Getting the same feeling as well. Right now I believe that Wattson might have not known what he was getting himself into, but tried to stop it/change the direction when he became aware.

Ah, yes, I can see that being it.

Again, I haven't played the games yet, so this might have been taken entirely out of context. But this is what I'm referring to.

Well.

Huh.

The Devon Corporation is the company in Rustboro City that's owned by Steven's dad, Mr. Stone. They make stuff like the PokéNav Plus and Premier/Repeat/Timer Balls. In the Delta Episode, it is said that they also use Infinity Energy, which is based on the process that AZ used to fuel the Ultimate Weapon (that is, absorbing the lifeforce of Pokémon).

HexManiacAbby

Ahhh, okay, I see now. I didn't know he mentioned a father who was involved in the company; I must have glanced over that.

Also agreed. I don't have any issue with it, as they tend to handle it maturely, and their preexisting penchant for ambiguity only makes it better.

Ah, yes, I can see that being it.

Well.

Huh.

The Devon Corporation is the company in Rustboro City that's owned by Steven's dad, Mr. Stone. They make stuff like the PokéNav Plus and Premier/Repeat/Timer Balls. In the Delta Episode, it is said that they also use Infinity Energy, which is based on the process that AZ used to fuel the Ultimate Weapon (that is, absorbing the lifeforce of Pokémon).

Which is why I said I think the Devon Corp will get involved in a future games' plot. I mean, from your description and what all of you are talking about him, this guy seems to be very Lysandre-like.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Which is why I said I think the Devon Corp will get involved in a future games' plot. I mean, from your description and what all of you are talking about him, this guy seems to be very Lysandre-like.

Well, he's a minor character at best

I actually like the idea that Steven became a trainer because he didn't like the direction Devon was heading. Althought they still seem to have a good relationship with each other sending letters and such.

Well if you want to see the Sea Mauville logs for yourself that's fine, but they have been compiled here as well. Adding the AZOTH files again as well.(OR only)
Also here's Mr. Stone's text, while I'm at it:
-Hmm… Then I suppose I should begin. Let me first take us back 3,000 years, to the days when this story began…

-There was a great war at that time, in a region far from here. That war was finally brought to an end by a weapon created by one man. And what energy source could power such a dreadful weapon? Do you know? You see… It ran on the life energy of Pokémon.

-The energy that could be gained by the sacrifice of so many Pokémon… There are surely many people who would call it reprehensible. But my grandfather, the president of Devon before me, said this… “Couldn’t we use the energy to improve the lives of people and Pokémon?” And so he developed our greatest creation here at the Devon Corporation: Infinity Energy.

-Thanks to Infinity Energy, Devon was able to become one of the top industries in Hoenn and developed into the giant you see today. You may be surprised to learn that the Devon Parts you once recovered for us were in fact parts of a motor that would make it possible to power a submarine using Infinity Energy.
That should be it.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
so, in OR, Tabitha was a former employee of Devon, which was what allowed him to access their technology to build the Magma Suit

how does that play out in AS

Status
Not open for further replies.