• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

YonaNoveau

Hm, I'm not sure about that. Gurkinn had no problem with giving you the Mega Ring, and even said that he would have given one to all of you if he had had that many to give. And he seemed to be both in contact and on amiable terms with Prof. Sycamore, at least judging from his dialogue. Plus, Korrina and Sycamore both recite the same things as being necessary for Mega Evolution (they both mention the Mega Ring, a Mega Stone, and a strong bond), so as far as knowing what's required for the process, the two are on equal footing. What Sycamore seemed to be looking into as the "mystery" of Mega Evolution was what exactly that "bond" was, and why there were "examples of Mega Evolution found only in the Kalos region," going off of what he says in Coumarine City. The post-game seems to give him the answers to both of those questions, with the "bond" being human emotions that are transmitted to the Pokémon via the Key Stone, and examples of Mega Evolution being found only in Kalos because Mega Stones were created when AZ used his weapon to ravage Kalos.

In fairness to them, Sycamore only even mentions Mega Evolution on four occasions, and one of those is just him saying that it's what he and Lysandre were discussing. The other times, it's his initial pitch at his lab, and then explaining a bit more about the mysterious elements of it at Coumarine City (which is after you've received the Mega Ring), and then finally in the post-game at the Anistar Sundial. So it's not as if he was constantly going on about how super-duper secret it was all throughout the first third of game. He just played it up as a big mystery when he was first explaining it, probably in order to get the Kalos Pals interested.

I see. I guess it is simply a difference for the players to introduce the concept for them and that's about it. Played the things up for the Kalos Kids and by extension the player.

Thanks for the help, btw.

On another note: was it ever clarified what was the deal with Deoxys and the Meteors? As in where do they come from, why, is someone sending them and how is Deoxys related to them?

Last edited:

diakyu

So uh, how long have Trainer Classes been actual classes? As in Trainer Classes are something the people in the world of Pokemon are aware of and can tell when someone changes from one to another. And they also all share the same uniform per trainer class (Like one of the Dragon Tamer's mentions that what he wears is the Dragon Tamer's uniform).

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So uh, how long have Trainer Classes been actual classes? As in Trainer Classes are something the people in the world of Pokemon are aware of and can tell when someone changes from one to another. And they also all share the same uniform per trainer class (Like one of the Dragon Tamer's mentions that what he wears is the Dragon Tamer's uniform).

Since the beginning.
It's basically their occupation.

diakyu

Since the beginning.
It's basically their occupation.
I'm literally just now learning about this despite playing the games for 10 years. I just thought they all wore the same clothes because GF clearly couldn't make every trainer an original design, I had no idea it had an actual explanation in the games.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm literally just now learning about this despite playing the games for 10 years. I just thought they all wore the same clothes because GF clearly couldn't make every trainer an original design, I had no idea it had an actual explanation in the games.

Technically, you are still right. GF cannot give every trainer a unique design because it takes too much resource.

NotABeginningTrainer

Creating animated video is much easier than coding the design every NPC in a game. I don't even see how you are comparing the two.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Yes, I know that, but maybe the Pokemon Company doesn't care that much about non-important NPCs.

Why hasn't been there a joke about two people looking exactly the same in the games yet?

Twins at Mt chimney.

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
I'm so very disapointed that we can't battle May or Wally again. They actually had some nice teams speciallt Wally with Mega Gallade. Not to mention that the Battle Frontier is gone... The post-game could be much better I think...

Akashin

I'm so very disapointed that we can't battle May or Wally again. They actually had some nice teams speciallt Wally with Mega Gallade. Not to mention that the Battle Frontier is gone... The post-game could be much better I think...

Wally can be fought at the Resort. Not easily, mind you, but he can.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
It seems like Glacia still couldn't be found outside the league. Shame she indeed got the Grimsley treatment.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Yeah I kinda wanted to be able to re-battle Gym Leaders as well for extra experience in the post-game. I'm much more disappointed that we can't re-battle May/Brendan though.

I agree, the battle with May/Brendan after the credits was a rip off, couldn't get experience points from them. They should have included gym leader rematches and have Juan and Scott appear in the games as it is very unlikely that Delta Emerald would be made. Also they should have had the Emerald plot instead as it would have been epic to seen the two primals battle it out in Sootoplis City. Also to add insult to injury, they didn't bring back the Battle Frontier but instead put the Battle Maison in the games. The Battle Maison had no business being in Hoenn and should have been saved for the next Kalos region. Putting Deoxys in the game and not Jirachi didn't made much sense as we now have a gap between Rayquaza and Deoxys now. But there is nothing to do about it now, whats done is done.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I agree, the battle with May/Brendan after the credits was a rip off, couldn't get experience points from them. They should have included gym leader rematches and have Juan and Scott appear in the games as it is very unlikely that Delta Emerald would be made. Also they should have had the Emerald plot instead as it would have been epic to seen the two primals battle it out in Sootoplis City. Also to add insult to injury, they didn't bring back the Battle Frontier but instead put the Battle Maison in the games. The Battle Maison had no business being in Hoenn and should have been saved for the next Kalos region. Putting Deoxys in the game and not Jirachi didn't made much sense as we now have a gap between Rayquaza and Deoxys now. But there is nothing to do about it now, whats done is done.

They are very well aware that fans will be expecting the Frontier, yet they did not include it.
But they teased us about it still being developed. They're obviously including it in whatever comes next to ORAS.

As for Maison, at least they gave us a reason why Maison exists in Hoenn... unlike the HGSS/DPPt Frontier which coexist at two different regions at the same time.

Stellar

Like A Star
Yeah I kinda wanted to be able to re-battle Gym Leaders as well for extra experience in the post-game. I'm much more disappointed that we can't re-battle May/Brendan though.

I feel like they put all their post-game efforts into the Delta Episode and kinda left out the gym leaders and rivals rematches. I wish we could battle them again too.

Would be nice if gym leader/rival matches where a once a day thing

Or maybe once a week (in which certain gym leaders can only be re-battled certain days)

Status
Not open for further replies.