• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I much prefer Looker over Cynthia. He's much more entertaining and has a more unique personality imo. But each to their own.

I'm intrigued as to why he has lost his memory, and why he supposedly appeared from the sky near the Battle Resort in the first place... And now I wonder if this isn't just how he begins his adventures seen in other games, meaning that he never was part of the international police in the first place.

His memory loss is a bad joke towards the Mega Stone he gives you which only works on Audino.

Rampharos

So does ORAS still fit some decent years before XY in the timeline or only RSE?
If so, there's a kid on that battle resort that seems a lot like he grows up to be a companion in XY, Tierno.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
So does ORAS still fit some decent years before XY in the timeline or only RSE?
If so, there's a kid on that battle resort that seems a lot like he grows up to be a companion in XY, Tierno.

From what I've been able to discern from my interactions with various NPC's in ORAS, then the ORAS events takes place a couple of years before X/Y. I base this in part upon the fact that Mr. Bonding (A Humanoid Abomination if I ever seen one) is created with your help after you've become the Champion. Additionally, Prof. Birch mentions that he is going to share his findings (that he got with your help) about Mega-Evolution with an old colleague on another continent (I.E Kalos) at the tail end of the Delta-Episode. There are other little hints throughout the main storyline, including a mention of a "Large Wandering Man" (AZ) having visited Sootopolis and donated their tree, as well as a reference to the Ancient Kalos War during your ascent of the Sky Pillar.

thatdude53

Best line from any NPC character ever: "I felt a thrill of excitement in my breast when we first met, and now I know for sure that feeling was not misplaced!" -Steven It even rhymes! lol.

Rampharos

From what I've been able to discern from my interactions with various NPC's in ORAS, then the ORAS events takes place a couple of years before X/Y. I base this in part upon the fact that Mr. Bonding (A Humanoid Abomination if I ever seen one) is created with your help after you've become the Champion. Additionally, Prof. Birch mentions that he is going to share his findings (that he got with your help) about Mega-Evolution with an old colleague on another continent (I.E Kalos) at the tail end of the Delta-Episode. There are other little hints throughout the main storyline, including a mention of a "Large Wandering Man" (AZ) having visited Sootopolis and donated their tree, as well as a reference to the Ancient Kalos War during your ascent of the Sky Pillar.
So in that case there is a chance that that kid is a young Tierno (to see what I'm talking about, talk to the small boy and his dad near the dancing Whismur at the Battle Resort). Which would mean that his dad is not in fact Miror B if it is him hehehe
Best line from any NPC character ever: "I felt a thrill of excitement in my breast when we first met, and now I know for sure that feeling was not misplaced!" -Steven It even rhymes! lol.
There was a lot of good dialogue in this game, this was a nice line :) Though no matter which way I read it, it doesn't rhyme to me

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
So in that case there is a chance that that kid is a young Tierno (to see what I'm talking about, talk to the small boy and his dad near the dancing Whismur at the Battle Resort). Which would mean that his dad is not in fact Miror B if it is him hehehe

I do believe that was what they where hinting at, yes. But they left it relatively ambiguous on purpose.

CrimsonKyurem0

The Ice and Darkness
Is anyone else disappointed with the amount of trainers you can re-battle in not just ORAS, but gen 6 as a whole? Its disappointing after the amount of memorable characters you could rematch in Gen 5. In Black/White 2 you could rematch; Your Rival, Cynthia, Those two Gamefreak employees, Cheren, Bianca, The Shadow Triad, The Striaton leaders, All the Gym leaders, Benga and Corvus.
X and Y only had Serena and Emma. Hell, the Elite 4 didn't even get stronger. ORAS at least makes the elite 4 stronger, but you can't even re-battle your rival. You can re-battle Wally, but only after defeating one of the Maison leader people. There are also those extremely unmemorable trainers from the Battle resort. I mean, back in X and Y did Gamefreak just forget you had 3 more friend characters? It would have also been nice to be able to rematch Sycamore.
I also wanna know why you can't re-battle the gym leaders in ORAS. Doesn't Gamefreak understand we want that by now? Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Last edited:

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Is anyone else disappointed with the amount of trainers you can re-battle in not just ORAS, but gen 6 as a whole? Its disappointing after the amount of memorable characters you could rematch in Gen 5. In Black/White 2 you could rematch; Your Rival, Cynthia, Those two Gamefreak employees, Cheren, Bianca, The Shadow Triad, The Striaton leaders, All the Gym leaders, Benga and Corvus.
X and Y only had Serena and Emma. Hell, the Elite 4 didn't even get stronger. ORAS at least makes the elite 4 stronger, but you can't even re-battle your rival. You can re-battle Wally, but only after defeating one of the Maison leader people. There are also those extremely unmemorable trainers from the Battle resort. I mean, back in X and Y did Gamefreak just forget you had 3 more friend characters? It would have also been nice to be able to rematch Sycamore.
I also wanna know why you can't re-battle the gym leaders in ORAS. Doesn't Gamefreak understand we want that by now? Just my 2 cents on the matter.
In X/Y the gym leaders, elite four, and champion all show up in the Battle Chateau (On route 7, just past the daycare) with considerably more powerful teams. But they require that you level up your ranking. Diantha can't even be rebateled until you reach the highest rank.

In ORAS, there are NPC trainers on every route except 101 that can be rebattled, over, and over, and over. Their teams expand with additional pokemon once you beat Groudon/Kyogre (or the E4, can't remember which), and they keep leveling up until they hit somewhere around level 50. Additionally, you can rebattle the E4/champion as many times as you wish, and their teams get a significant boost after the first time. Not to mention all the Secret Base people you can rebattle daily. So there is far from a shortage compared to X/Y.
That said, I do agree that it would have been fun to rebattle the gym leaders again, and there are hints that it should have been possible at one time (Roxanne specifically mentions that she'd like to battle you again if you talk to her after the Delta Episode, but there is no way to initiate the battle). Unfortunately I think that said battles where cut at the last minute.

There are also hints that the Gym Leaders would have had quests for you after the E4/Groudon/Kyogre, but only Wattsons was kept (I think in part because it was a memorable part of the originals). For example, if you visit the Fossil Maniac after the Delta Episode, you will see him have a heated discussion with Roxanne ending with her running away in tears because he doesn't want to give her a fossil. Then if you go and talk to her in her gym, she is her old chipper self. It would have been nice to be able to donate a fossil to her, I mean what else am I going to do with the 30+ fossils I've accumulated from Mirage Islands. >.<
Still, it feels like something is missing, and I am afraid that something was cut to make a deadline. Hopefully we will get both an Emerald and a Z game in the future that fixes this. :)

CrimsonKyurem0

The Ice and Darkness
Wait what! I had no idea about the Chateau! I went in there once and the trainers were really weak so i didn't bother continuing. I had to check the Chateau section on the main site just to make sure! The thing is with the rest though is that they aren't memorable characters. I know there was lots of NPC's but i was on about characters with a proper role.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Wait what! I had no idea about the Chateau! I went in there once and the trainers were really weak so i didn't bother continuing. I had to check the Chateau section on the main site just to make sure! The thing is with the rest though is that they aren't memorable characters. I know there was lots of NPC's but i was on about characters with a proper role.

Not disagreeing with you, all four games could have gained something from having more important NPC's being rebattleable. Not Birch though, he's to derpy for that. Lol, mistaking his wife for a wild pokemon. That honestly made me giggle a bit. But yeah, being able to rebattle the various NPC's in ORAS would have been amazing.

As I said, there are hints that it should have been possible to rebattle the Gym-Leaders after doing a quest for them, but that it looks like it was cut at the last minute.

If they really are planning on releasing an Emerald (And Z) game, then it is likely they are saving it for that.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
In X/Y the gym leaders, elite four, and champion all show up in the Battle Chateau (On route 7, just past the daycare) with considerably more powerful teams.

And by considerably more powerful, you mean only two Pokemon for Gym Leaders, three for the Elite Four members, and four for Diantha.

That was kind of a letdown. They're only being used to spill their money on you in the end.

kemal07

Is there still no signs of Glacia appearing around Hoenn like the others? I can't see why she is the only one to be tucked up in her little room all the time. Maybe the outside Hoenn environments are to hot for her temperature liking :p

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Is there still no signs of Glacia appearing around Hoenn like the others? I can't see why she is the only one to be tucked up in her little room all the time. Maybe the outside Hoenn environments are to hot for her temperature liking :p

Aside from the Food Court mention, nope, I still haven't seen her outside.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
For like a decade I assumed that Sidney was the son from the Winstrate family and he happened to make it big. Turns out that the actual son is ace trainer Vito in Victory Road. Glad I finally cleared that up.

SilverFox

So sly
Anyways, back on topic, I hope Aarune shows up in some way or another again. Maybe they can find a different role for him in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Aside from the Food Court mention, nope, I still haven't seen her outside.

Brawly is like her as well - I don't think I've seen Brawly outside his Gym.

Aetius

Brawly is like her as well - I don't think I've seen Brawly outside his Gym.

Doesn't Brawly appear in the contest Hall after defeating Lisia in a contest match?
He was asked by Chaz to train his female Machoke, in order make her more tough if I remember correctly.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Doesn't Brawly appear in the contest Hall after defeating Lisia in a contest match?
He was asked by Chaz to train his female Machoke, in order make her more tough if I remember correctly.

I believe so, yes, and he also appeared in the Demo if that counts as anything.

Which means Glacia is yet again completely overlooked (not to mention having the worst Team of the Hoenn E4).

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I believe so, yes, and he also appeared in the Demo if that counts as anything.

Which means Glacia is yet again completely overlooked (not to mention having the worst Team of the Hoenn E4).

Glacial strikes me as the type of person that does best when alone. Which would explain why she seems so dispassionate and doesn't appear anywhere else.

Of course, it could be that they are saving her for some sort of Event. If that is the case, it is quite likely it will be the release of one of the pre-6th gen event legends. Probably Manaphy or Keldeo as they seem like the most likely candidates in such a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.