• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Glacial strikes me as the type of person that does best when alone. Which would explain why she seems so dispassionate and doesn't appear anywhere else.

Of course, it could be that they are saving her for some sort of Event. If that is the case, it is quite likely it will be the release of one of the pre-6th gen event legends. Probably Manaphy or Keldeo as they seem like the most likely candidates in such a case.

Well, she claims that she has "fiery passion in freezing cold" (or something along those lines), but I suppose. You'd think she'd at least appear in Shoal Cave, though.

Possibly. Considering she's the outlier it might be.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Well, she claims that she has "fiery passion in freezing cold" (or something along those lines), but I suppose. You'd think she'd at least appear in Shoal Cave, though.

Possibly. Considering she's the outlier it might be.

That is pretty much the only place she fits, well there, and in Regice's cave. :)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
That is quite true. To bad there isn't an event legendary with the Ice type. She'd be perfect for involvement with such an event. :)

Indeed, sadly there isn't, and the only Event Pokémon that slightly fits is Phione, due to Eggs that have been layed by Manaphy in cold Regions being born into Phione according to flavor text and Gen IV.

Though, thinking about it, Glacia's little involvement might reference as to how Hoenn is almost devoid of any actually cold areas.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Indeed, sadly there isn't, and the only Event Pokémon that slightly fits is Phione, due to Eggs that have been layed by Manaphy in cold Regions being born into Phione according to flavor text and Gen IV.

Though, thinking about it, Glacia's little involvement might reference as to how Hoenn is almost devoid of any actually cold areas.

Thus why I suggested Manaphy.

That seems logical.

Incidentally, they should totally make one of the 7th Gen games regions based on Scandinavia. Ice Pokemon galore! >.<

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Thus why I suggested Manaphy.

That seems logical.

Incidentally, they should totally make one of the 7th Gen games regions based on Scandinavia. Ice Pokemon galore! >.<

Eh, Manaphy or Phione both work.

:3

0w0 That would be glorious. I mean, it still would have variety due ro Icelandic volcanoes, and Reykjavik would make an interesting city imo.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Eh, Manaphy or Phione both work.

:3

0w0 That would be glorious. I mean, it still would have variety due ro Icelandic volcanoes, and Reykjavik would make an interesting city imo.

Exactly! It would be glorious. :)

Anyway, before we drift off topic...

I really like how they improved the characterization of many of the gym leaders, expanding their personalities to show why they use the type they do. For example, Roxanne really, really, likes rocks and fossils (as her interaction with the fossil maniac in the post game shows).

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Exactly! It would be glorious. :)

Anyway, before we drift off topic...

I really like how they improved the characterization of many of the gym leaders, expanding their personalities to show why they use the type they do. For example, Roxanne really, really, likes rocks and fossils (as her interaction with the fossil maniac in the post game shows).

Indeed, many of the Gym Leaders used to be so bland.

I especially like what they did with Wattson, though, with his wife and involvement in New Mauville and Sea Mauville.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Indeed, many of the Gym Leaders used to be so bland.

I especially like what they did with Wattson, though, with his wife and involvement in New Mauville and Sea Mauville.

Agreed. Some of the information you can find in Sea Mauville also seems to indicate that he knows both Prof. Cosmo and Steven's Dad as well.

As for the other gym leaders, the intro of the battle with Flannery is hilarious.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Agreed. Some of the information you can find in Sea Mauville also seems to indicate that he knows both Prof. Cosmo and Steven's Dad as well.

As for the other gym leaders, the intro of the battle with Flannery is hilarious.

Well, Cosmo's dad, at least. (Speaking of, quite a bit of a shock to learn his parents were presumably divorced)

Indeed, I like what they did with the intros. (Though Liza and Tate's and Wallace's are. Um.)

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Well, Cosmo's dad, at least. (Speaking of, quite a bit of a shock to learn his parents were presumably divorced)

Indeed, I like what they did with the intros. (Though Liza and Tate's and Wallace's are. Um.)

Not only where they divorced, but it seemed like that although his mother had custody, she was more interested in dating than actually raising her son. While his father was distant due to work, he was a lot more supportive of the young Cosmos' interests.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Not only where they divorced, but it seemed like that although his mother had custody, she was more interested in dating than actually raising her son. While his father was distant due to work, he was a lot more supportive of the young Cosmos' interests.

I know, as shown by how his mother seemed completely disinterested when shown in the pictures or ignorant of her son in the letters.

Still the Hi Kitty you find in the closet is adorable.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I know, as shown by how his mother seemed completely disinterested when shown in the pictures or ignorant of her son in the letters.

Still the Hi Kitty you find in the closet is adorable.

Indeed it is. It is also a nice reference to another very popular Japanese franchise. :)

The old man at the end of Sea Mauville is pretty interesting as well, it seems the implication is that it is Prof. Cosmo's dad.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but since it has to do with a character here it goes.

So looker lost his memory in ORAS, which comes before the unova timeline. If that's true then he's gonna become the bada5s crime fighting, world traveling dude. Which brings the question of croagunk, his partner. It's awesome that looker was possibly already in red/blue/yellow (the gentleman in the SS. anne that says he's part of the global police or something like that but possibly cooler even is this transition between ORAS and the other games in the future he's in.

Now, since there's no croagunk in ORAS natively, i wonder if it's the ORAS protagonist that gives a croagunk to looker. And since i don't have a croagunk in ORAS, does something happen if you bring a croagunk to where looker is? Did anyone try doing this? Maybe that could trigger something...

Or maybe that's all there is to looker's part in ORAS and the lady who found him is able to bring his memories back (which will be mentioned somewhere by looker himself in pokemon Z)

The other "character" i would like to know something else about is that ghost kid in Phoebe's room. I already thought it to be strange that phoebe's grandma is gone after you get the other orb never to be seen again but the old man is still there. I would like to know more about that little girl (at least i think she's a girl) since i didn't even notice anything while playing, only after watching abrandontothepast' video. It only happens once, much like the horde of faceless men and the lumiose ghost events but unlike those two, it goes by so fast and the second time she appears it's so easily missed. It got me intrigued. When i stepped into phoebe's room i saw her doing that strange dance and found it really odd. She probably knows that the girl is there but what's their relationship? dead little sister? could it be Aster's human ghost? Man, gen 6 has so many mysteries, i love it!

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Now I'm not sure if these have been answered because this is my first time ever on this thread.

Why is Winona in Mauville City?

What happened to Looker?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Now I'm not sure if these have been answered because this is my first time ever on this thread.

Why is Winona in Mauville City?

What happened to Looker?

Winona probably couldn't find someplace else that is high and windy enough for her taste.
Mt. Chimney is a volcano so it's hot in there, then Mt. Pyre is too misty. Verdanturf is windy but it doesn't have towers of sorts. Sky Pillar is restricted.

So yeah, Mauville towers is a good place.

As for Looker, we don't know anything about how he lost his memory.
This may be expanded on the next game.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Winona probably couldn't find someplace else that is high and windy enough for her taste.
Mt. Chimney is a volcano so it's hot in there, then Mt. Pyre is too misty. Verdanturf is windy but it doesn't have towers of sorts. Sky Pillar is restricted.

So yeah, Mauville towers is a good place.

As for Looker, we don't know anything about how he lost his memory.
This may be expanded on the next game.

I doubt that we going to find out why Looker lost his memory in the next game since the looker story in x and y had no mention of it and took place after the events of Hoenn. And they are not making another hoenn game, so we can say goodbye to all good elements of Emerald which includes Battle Frontier, Juan, Scott, the clash in Sootopolos city and others. Anyway I wonder if they gonna expand on Zinnia's character.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I doubt that we going to find out why Looker lost his memory in the next game since the looker story in x and y had no mention of it and took place after the events of Hoenn. And they are not making another hoenn game, so we can say goodbye to all good elements of Emerald which includes Battle Frontier, Juan, Scott, the clash in Sootopolos city and others. Anyway I wonder if they gonna expand on Zinnia's character.

Naturally, Looker would not mention anything about amnesia because it pretty likely that scenario has not been conceptualized. And by "expanded", Looker can simply make a reference to his amnesia. It doesn't have to be big or integrated into the storyline/sidequest. It can be a random conversation, as long as it gives us a little insight on what occurred.

And I wonder where you got the impression that we're returning to Hoenn based on my post.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
araune was such a cheat, he learned well from the OG cheater lance. level 29 flygon pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.