1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

General Character Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jun 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Wow. Zinnia. She's the dragon girl who likes that Mega Rayquaza to save Hoenn, thinking it's some sort of god who can save the world. Well, I thrashed her entire team partially due to Mega Rayquaza.

2. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

No she is not. I have never liked Zinnia's character in the game. I like the guy with the Flygon though. Steven is pretty awesome as well.

3. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Eek. I think she's fab at least. She's one of my favorite characters in OR/AS, which is kind of ironic since she wasn't in R/S/E unlike my other faves (Steven and May).

4. Mega Altaria

Time to think on this... No. Found her quite awesome in the game 'cause of the Delta Episode but not that.

5. HM02gon

HM02gon Waiting...

Zinnia scares the poop out of me. Honesty I think she's supposed to be hot, but her beauty was ruined by her insanity.

6. NotABeginningTrainer

NotABeginningTrainer Well-Known Member

What exactly do you mean by "should be"?

7. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

That's a very odd question, but alright, I'll bite. I actually found Zinnia to be very ugly. I like her character itself, but as far her design goes, it's just ugly to me.

8. Mega Altaria

I don't think she's ugly, but she looks like she dresses torn-up second hand clothes (maybe poor) but is knowledgeable (passed down from ancestors).

9. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

The designs in general seem to be either adorable or attractive

10. Blasting Toise

Blasting Toise Well-Known Member

I find it odd that so many seem to find Zinnia attractive- she is odd and looks like savage. I guess it's those pointy teeth. There are plenty of female characters in pokemon (humans I mean) that can be considered "hot" for good reason (Cynthia, Elesa, Lorelei etc.)but not Zinnia IMO.

Zinnia is good character though and fits the story IMO

In general I think that almost all female trainers in ORAS look less attractive than in XY for example. It may be the character design. I like Roxanne though XD

11. Espeonite

Espeonite Well-Known Member

She looks like Gollum in her battle animation. :eek:

12. Ascended Dialga

Ascended Dialga Nothing special

Not really. I think her looks are average at best. I think she's an interesting character, though. Now, Lisia...she's absolutely gorgeous.

13. Mega Altaria

That Mega Altaria (not me tho, that's Ali)... It's annoying that it beats almost everyone in Contests. But I preferred Juan for the Contests.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  14. VictorysMaster

VictorysMaster AKA V-Master

She has never beat me... (Then again Talent is Maxed)

Hey did anyone like how they included Looker in it, just as an Easter egg. (BTW it's a joke based on 007, but i forgot which movie it was again, Any guesses? I'll "look" it up)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  15. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

Looker's inclusion is no longer surprising, and I don't think he's an Easter Egg. He's pretty much an established recurring character by now. So I kind expect him to show up in more often.

But I was a bit disappointed that he only appeared in ORAS as a method for obtaining Audinite, which easily could've been placed somewhere around Hoenn. His amnesia is a nice addition, though. Surely they'll expand his story on future titles.

16. Mega Altaria

What I found about the characters of ORAS that appeared in RSE was that some of the 'redesigns' weren't as good as the original (May had a bandana in RSE but wears a bow in ORAS) and every Elite Four member looked the same or almost as what they looked like in RSE, particularly Drake and Phoebe.

What I found about the new characters was that Aarune was okay, looking a bit too much like some Bugcatcher (catching Trapinches, just like his Flygon), Lisia was just like some ordinary beauty pageant and Zinnia was awesome. All three have a 'main' Dragon type Pokémon; Aarune: Flygon, Lisia: Altaria and Zinnia: Salamence + other dragons (only Mega Evolves her Salamence). Because of this, I expected Flygon to get a Mega since Lisia Mega Evolves her Altaria. But the 'trend' was broken due to artist's block.

17. Karxrida

Karxrida Lost in the Waves

We discussed how Zinnia is an unlikeable and stupid jerk, right? Because she is an unlikeable and stupid jerk.

18. Mega Altaria

I heard that people say that Zinnia is comparable to Gollum and the comment above is biased, inclined to a negative point of view based on personal opinion not true fact.

19. Karxrida

Karxrida Lost in the Waves

Gollum is a complex and interesting character due to his backstory and conflicting personalities. Zinnia is very shallow and has no reason to be a jerk to anybody outside of plot, and she's stupid because she didn't try to communicate anything to anybody + almost got the world destroyed. Twice.

20. Mega Altaria

You seem to have some proof there but I don't think it's enough and you still sound biased. Maybe Steven Stone + others just didn't understand (there is no way I would call Steven stupid)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.