1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

General Character Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jun 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Yeah this was my line of thinking as well. Zinnia probably just used the Whismur to fill the void left by the original Aster. I hope Zinnia shows up in a future game so we can learn more about her past.

2. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Do you mean in their images? That annoyed me too.

3. Shadow Lucario

Shadow Lucario Lone Vanguard

In the manga, Aster was the Lorekeeper before Zinnia. Not her daughter.

4. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

I thought they could have done better with the Elite Four's team when you first challenge them but I enjoyed the second round with them where they have mega evolutions.

5. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Yes, it applies to images but most likely yes to the overworld models.

6. Lorde

Lorde Banned

But the manga doesn't always follow the games exactly, so the first Aster's relation to Zinnia in OR/AS might be different imo.

7. Karxrida

Karxrida Lost in the Waves

Going to have to agree with this, though I like the idea that the manga came up with.

8. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

It is to reflect the original teams but some of them are a mix of the Pokémon teams from the original Ruby/Sapphire with Emerald + Gen 4 evolutions of Gen 3 Pokémon.

9. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

I wasn't really bothered by the way the E4's Key Stones were handled. I don't think that all characters having their own unique accessory for their Key Ktone is something to strive for, I think that would get ridiculous fast. I'm fine with the E4 keeping them in their pockets or something like that, like with all their other items, and then simply touching the Key Stone there.
    Same goes with their designs, I don't really see why everyone needs to have their Key Stone visible. I will also admit that I don't really find the Key Stones aesthetically pleasing to look at so I'm rather happy that they aren't tacked on all the designs.

10. Karxrida

Karxrida Lost in the Waves

Apparently, an interview with ORAS staff explicitly stated that Aster was the Lorekeeper before Zinnia and had some kind of special power, completely Jossing the daughter theory. I heard this on another forum and I don't have the interview link, but it can supposedly be found on Pixiv.

Edit: The interview in question is from the April issue of Nintendo Dream, the same one that revealed how Mega Flygon was planned but axed.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  11. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

I thought Steven taking us to southern island was pretty neat. Him knowing about mega evolution and giving us the keystone made his character stand out more.

12. Shadow Lucario

Shadow Lucario Lone Vanguard

So you mean what I said last month? Thank you for posting this. There is no sarcasm here. I am being sincere in my thanks.

13. brilly

brilly Member

Wally was great, and actually I loved his revamped team.

I loved the way Steven was handled, and the new light he was portrayed in Delta Episode. It made him look more human with flaws and contradictions. He became one of my favorite characters of the franchise, and before ORAS I found him bland. Also, Mr Stone don't see to get perfecly along with his son, huh? Furthermore, Devon is slightly corrupted by using infinity energy

Brendam/May are more friendly, but i don't like how the game force the romance between the two. The rival has a crush but .., Well, my character at least don't reciprocate the feelings (LOL) I actually have nothing against romance, but would be better if the games don't force it, just implying by suggestive actions and dialogues, even among more than one character, for the player chose who suits him more. Also, it's just me that saw hints between the player and zinnia or Steven?

Zinnia is ok. I don't see her as a villain, but neither the heroine. And someone noticed that the player, in the end, followed Zinnia ideas, even if Steven and other scientists though she was an idiot? And maybe the player is related to the draconics, even without know?

I loved Wallace too, how he got more spotlight, he is really charismatic. And I missed Juan. He could at least be found in the tournements.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  14. Hello I don't know if you have notice, but while watching a video on youtube, I stomp onto something, you know that agent looker appears with amnesia on the battle resort, well, and that the events in oras and fr/lg happen at the same time in timeline continuity, well agent looker was aboard of the SS. Anne from kanto, the ship sunk and he got amnesia, why? Look at this...
    View attachment 15203

15. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

This had been floating for a long while now.

Here are some in-depth look on Looker's possible origins:
    Theory A
    Theory B

There are a few more over the Internet. Some even involve Hoopa.

16. Yeah! Bu the thing is that the picture I "tried to up load" shows that a character on the SS Anne tells the player to "shhhh" because he is a global police agent! O.O and that was back om red and blue! There is only one character with those titles

17. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

Yes, I know. That's what I just posted.

A lot of people before you already theorized that this Global Police Agent can possibly be Looker.
    So it's really nothing new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.