• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Indeed it will be a waste if the starter does not fully evolve. Talking about mega evolution I would like to see that the rival who picks the advantage over the player will be the next opponent to fight after the Elite Four and the champion.

So you mean similar to AZ in XY? Shortly after the credits roll by, your rival is waiting for you right outside of your house or whatever and challenges you to a fight?

zhixun

So you mean similar to AZ in XY? Shortly after the credits roll by, your rival is waiting for you right outside of your house or whatever and challenges you to a fight?

Similar to that but he/ she should be much stronger than AZ and has a full team of Pokémon. AZ is kind of weak compared to the Elite Four.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Similar to that but he/ she should be much stronger than AZ and has a full team of Pokémon. AZ is kind of weak compared to the Elite Four.

I can see why the games added AZ at the end, but it was so unexpected and it didn't leave much of an impact because he didn't show up enough to get sympathy from me. But that's off topic. Are you hoping for May/Brendan to get more personality in the remake? I want to see more, but I doubt it because Lyra/Ethan in HGSS hardly did anything, so it seems unlikely for May/Brendan to get much either.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
What I am curious about is that wether Steven Stone gets to be the champion again, or a Red-like character in the Meteor Falls. Personally, I'd love to see him as the champion, gaining him a similar role as Cynthia from DPpt, being both the champion and a regular supportive character.
That being said, I really like the tan Brendan. lol

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
I can think you can tell by my avatar that I'm pretty freaking excited to see Steven appear in the games. I can't wait to see what kind of role he has to play in these games.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I agree. He is by far the coolest character to be revealed this far, imo.
Looking very much foreward to see what kind of improved team he may have. Crossing my fingers for Mega Metagross!

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
I can think you can tell by my avatar that I'm pretty freaking excited to see Steven appear in the games. I can't wait to see what kind of role he has to play in these games.

I am waiting to see him in action too.
Imo, he will have a huge play in these remakes. He is studying Mega Evolutions, so we could see him every now and then.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I'm in love with all the redesigns! I really am! May looks great. Brendan looks a little different but still great. Steven looks younger to me haha! Team Aqua is just amazing. I can see a lot of popularity for Alpha Sapphire (in fact, I'm already seeing it being favoured).

Pat yourselves on the back GameFreak!

Schade

Metallic Wonder
If Steven Stone is studying Mega Evolution here (Pls Mega Metagross), would it not be awesome and slightly plausible if he gave you a Beldum holding Metagrossite after beating the E4? Like how he gave you a Beldum in a pokeball in Mossdeep City in RSE?

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
If Steven Stone is studying Mega Evolution here (Pls Mega Metagross), would it not be awesome and slightly plausible if he gave you a Beldum holding Metagrossite after beating the E4? Like how he gave you a Beldum in a pokeball in Mossdeep City in RSE?
Yes. Diantha gave us a Ralts with Gardevorite. And if Mega Metagross isn't there, Steven can give us an Aron with Aggronite!

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Yeah, that'd work too. But since he's now researching Mega Evolution, would that mean he might not be the champion anymore?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Well, either one of them are really awesome, though I prefer Wallace as a Gym Leader. I really dislike Juan..
But Yeah. It seems like the noly thing to do is to await New information regarding the matter.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
That could be the case. What really confuses me if the champion is Wallace or Steven. GF can do anything.

Wallace was kinda meh as a champion and I really can't see why they would want to bring him back as a champion.. Just make him the Gym Leader of Sootopolis again and be done with it.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Well, Wallace or Steven as champions. It won't be difficult With a Sceptile. lol
Something else i caught myself wondering is if there will be introduced any New Gym Leaders/Elite four members.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
Well, Wallace or Steven as champions. It won't be difficult With a Sceptile. lol
Something else i caught myself wondering is if there will be introduced any New Gym Leaders/Elite four members.

I feel steven could give sceptile a run for his money but yeah a stray ice beam from wallace will probably take him out too now that i think about it ;)

Anyway if they were going to 'replace' a gym leader i could see it being Juan (with wallace if he isn't champ but then again it could be someone else), Wattson (he's old ahahah) or maybe Tate and Liza (as the double battle novelty has worn off .... maybe they have another sibling or a parent could join them for a triple battle gym ;) )

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Yeah, didn't concider that Ice Beam. oh well.
Well, no one was replaced in HGSS, I think, so maybe they will stay the same. Anyways, if so, I'm really looking forward to Battle y favorite Elite Four in better Graphics and With updated teams. (hopefully)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Brawn versus brains, maybe?

I think that since Shelly got her hair go black from red, the entire Aqua Team is now changed from their Japanese origins to be Okinawan/Ryukyuan. If that's the case, then I would assume that Team Magma are now supposed to represent Kyushu's Japanese people that are assimilated by Western culture(and Western business practices).

So their conflict is now both cultural and ethnical. I'm not sure whether that's a good idea or not(especially since this would mean that Aqua has the higher moral ground because capitalism and opression of minorities is evil and such), but I suppose we can always use more Okinawan people in the franchise, especially in Hoenn.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
Yeah, didn't concider that Ice Beam. oh well.
Well, no one was replaced in HGSS, I think, so maybe they will stay the same. Anyways, if so, I'm really looking forward to Battle y favorite Elite Four in better Graphics and With updated teams. (hopefully)

Yeah i always found the elite four to be mysterious, We learn a lot about the other elite fours but Hoenns were never fully fleshed out (at least in my memory) so i am looking forward to seeing them especially since they had some pretty cool designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.