• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartD

Brendan's new outfit reminds me of his Emerald outfit while May's reminds me of her original R/S outfit. The bow on her head is pretty cute. The redesigns for Team Magma and Aqua look interesting.

Last edited:

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Brendan's new outfit reminds me of his Emerald outfit while May's reminds me of her original R/S outfit. The bow on her head is pretty cute. The redesigns for Team Magma and Aqua look interesting.

They made Brendan tan too. The redesigns are marvelous. The new art is quite better than the earlier one.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Surprised at how fat Tabitha became.

LassGabby

I wish I was a tree.
Surprised at how fat Tabitha became.

He really let himself go. I blame the Lava Cookies.

But Matt has been lifting. On the beach, it seems.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I notice a difference in May's hair style is you can see the back of her hair (at the back of her head) is now fluffy. Before it was just all straight into the back of her skull.

I guess they changed it to make it look like May just has short hair in the back over whatever it was before.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
I notice a difference in May's hair style is you can see the back of her hair (at the back of her head) is now fluffy. Before it was just all straight into the back of her skull.

I guess they changed it to make it look like May just has short hair in the back over whatever it was before.

I think it is because of the redesign. May looked different to me at first too, but seems similar now.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I just hope Trainer customization returns. Other than that, HOLY REDESIGN! The villains look so different! I still think Team Magma has terrible clothing (except for the chick with the cute skirt, yaaas!)

Also, woof at Archie! And who's the chick next to him? I never cared to learn the names of Villainous people other than the leaders lol.

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot
I just hope Trainer customization returns. Other than that, HOLY REDESIGN! The villains look so different! I still think Team Magma has terrible clothing (except for the chick with the cute skirt, yaaas!)

Also, woof at Archie! And who's the chick next to him? I never cared to learn the names of Villainous people other than the leaders lol.

Shelly, she got hit with the Moe stick, it seems.

Firebrand

Indomitable
The only thing that bothers me are the eyes.

I agree, but I believe that was just done to match the Gen VI aesthetic style. In Gen 3, characters had much smaller eyes. Look at original art of gym leaders, Steven, etc., their eyes are much squinter. Then compare Gen 3 Steven with the art released yesterday. His eyes were changed too, but it looks much better on him.

Riarra

I'm not too sure about the Magma admins' redesigns, but I can see why they happened. Looking at their old sprites, Tabitha and Courtney looked pretty darn similar to the grunts. I liked Courtney's skirt, though, wish they had kept that instead of giving her those shorts.

Team Aqua looks great, as everyone seems to agree. I wasn't expecting Shelly to change that much, but she still looks cool and she fits Aqua's theme a bit more now, I guess.

Since the gym leaders might be getting major redesigns, I just really hope that Game Freak doesn't pull a Skyla with Winona. She looks fine as is and I feel like giving her a skimpy outfit like most female characters in this series have would take away some of her charm.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I agree, but I believe that was just done to match the Gen VI aesthetic style.

And as an extension of that, it also makes the eyes/eye colors stand out more on the player's character and PSS avatar.

Nockturne

Im glad they made Tabitha fat, it makes him more distinct. His old design just looked like a generic grunt with a cape.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Shelly, she got hit with the Moe stick, it seems.

Thanks!

WOW! I just looked up the original. She's been COMPLETELY changed. I like the new look a lot (and her pose is fabulous)!

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
I really love the new team designs. Really makes me wanna buy both of the games to really experience both of the teams.

Hiss13

Psychic Lover
Shelly and Courtney are so cute, they're disgusting

I love you for that.

I will continue to ramble on about how absolutely adorable Courtney is.

Honestly, May's design has kinda grown on me after some of the fanart so it looks like the issue was more the art-style than it was the actual design...even if I still think her original bandana is better than her new bow.

Last edited:

Poke_Spirit

The original desgines for the teams are better Archie looks ugly.. completly different person comparing to RSE.. Maxie looks less evil

shadowF

so with steven now studying mega evolutions, do you guys think that will be his main role with Wallace being the champion?

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
Even if they go the R/S route with Champion Steven and gym leader Wallace, I hope we get Juan as a bonus boss or something. I really liked him.

I'm hoping we get news of Scott eventually, because that means the Battle Frontier could return. BF returning is my biggest wish for the remakes probably.

lavanda

Really feeling it
Please don't do that thing with Brendan/May again where they have a level 34 unevolved starter in their final battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.