• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Whetever they're old characters or not doesn't make that much of a difference.
In any case I think that character customization will remain; I mean, this is the greatest feature that they could introduce in the Pokèmon franchise.
I don't know, there looks are iconic in same ways...would be strange to change them.

Don't get me wrong I want customization, I was just wondering what others thought.

Curo

Water Trainer
Archie and Maxie are prett ugly...Team Magma and Aqua we're favorite villians...

I'm tired of the excessive usage of tights on the main villains

LassGabby

I wish I was a tree.
I don't know, there looks are iconic in same ways...would be strange to change them.

Don't get me wrong I want customization, I was just wondering what others thought.

I see your point, and I think it will be weird too, but I really don't think they will remove character customization. Right now, I am just hoping that the rival DOESN'T remove his/her headgear like in X and Y, since I will play as the female protagonist and I want to see Brendan with his iconic hat. One of the scans shows both Brendan and May in the game, and Brendan is wearing his hat, but I can't really tell if May is wearing the bow because of the low quality and my poor eyesight, so that concerns me a bit.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire

No, it wouldn't be strange at all. The characters are still a set way in the canon, but, just like how you could always change the name, the ability to customize what that character should look like should remain since they introduced that feature.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I see your point, and I think it will be weird too, but I really don't think they will remove character customization. Right now, I am just hoping that the rival DOESN'T remove his/her headgear like in X and Y, since I will play as the female protagonist and I want to see Brendan with his iconic hat. One of the scans shows both Brendan and May in the game, and Brendan is wearing his hat, but I can't really tell if May is wearing the bow because of the low quality and my poor eyesight, so that concerns me a bit.
It looks like she has her bow to me. And ya it would be a big thing to remove but they removed the pokemon following you and that was a favorite thing too. But I hope it stays!

Aetius

It looks like she has her bow to me. And ya it would be a big thing to remove but they removed the pokemon following you and that was a favorite thing too. But I hope it stays!

About what you said before about May and Brendan being iconic, is not something that can be taken as an excuse to leave out the trainer customization.
Also Calem and Serena are iconic, but that didn't prevent us from customizing them.
I think that all your worries are given by the fact that both Brendan and May are old characters, in the sense that they appeared years ago and we got accustomed to seeing them in a certain way. :D

kemal07

I wonder what they had in mind when changing Tabitha's design so much. I mean Courtney has the same hairstyle and character. Shelly looks different but awesome! Lets just say she had her hair dyed and a change of clothing. Matt was always a big guy he just looks even better. But Tabitha... So much of a change; face, weight, appearance. Everything!. I hope Masuda comments about it.

I think the reason why the Admins got so much of a re-design is because they didn't have any official art in the first place. Their anime and manga appearances were purely based on just their sprites.

For some reason I get the feeling that Brawley, Flannery, Glacia and Phoebe will get the major revamps.

Phoebe could still have the two big flowers on her head as it was what stood out the most, but clothing wise I hope it resembles her type preference; Ghost types. I don't understand what her appearance had to do with Ghost types by any means.

Glacia should have a huge ballroom dress on. Her hair could keep the curls and they should give her a crown made of ice crystals!.

Toy Soldier Mafia

Phoebe could still have the two big flowers on her head as it was what stood out the most, but clothing wise I hope it resembles her type preference; Ghost types. I don't understand what her appearance had to do with Ghost types by any means.

Glacia should have a huge ballroom dress on. Her hair could keep the curls and they should give her a crown made of ice crystals!.

I don't understand why they have to wear clothes to associate with their type preferences. There are a lot of trainers that aren't super obvious as regards to type, but their clothes may reflect their personalities or how they might live their lives. But that may only be my opinion.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Archie and Maxie are prett ugly...Team Magma and Aqua we're favorite villians...

I'm tired of the excessive usage of tights on the main villains

Well I agree that Archie's clothes are a little tight-fitting, but he still looks good in my opinion. I mean at least he looks better than Tabitha.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I pretty much love all the character redesigns so far, though Tabitha's design is hilarious. I wonder why they decided to make him fatter. May's redesign is probably my favorite. While I do like that she got longer legs, they do look a little off to me, like they're a little too thin, but other than that she looks great. I just love her bow.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Poor Tabitha. I'm still not judging you.

zhixun

I pretty much love all the character redesigns so far, though Tabitha's design is hilarious. I wonder why they decided to make him fatter. May's redesign is probably my favorite. While I do like that she got longer legs, they do look a little off to me, like they're a little too thin, but other than that she looks great. I just love her bow.

Are you referring to Homura? I think his design makes him looks more like an executive. In real life many of them are quite fat indeed.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Someone mentioned that the designs may have been inspired from the concept of Brain VS. Brawn in addition to Land VS. Sea between these two villainous teams.
So Tabitha getting fat, and Maxie looking more geeky, while Aqua leaders getting more bulky seems fitting.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Someone mentioned that the designs may have been inspired from the concept of Brain VS. Brawn in addition to Land VS. Sea between these two villainous teams.
So Tabitha getting fat, and Maxie looking more geeky, while Aqua leaders getting more bulky seems fitting.

That does make sense.

I hope that the gym leaders and Frontier brains redesigns are as good as what we've go so far, I also can't wait to see what Wally's redesign would look like.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
I must say I would like the new designs if they were completely new characters... when I look at new-Archie next to old-Archie I feel like I prefered the old one, it was way simpler. I get the point of trying to make these characters have more personality but I think changing the text and adding new events would do. these designs have too much unnecessary decoration... Archie used to look like a modern pirate and now he just seems out of his time. I do hope team Aqua gets a ship this time around, though. that would be awesome.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Is anybody else creeped out by Brandon's brown hair?? Seriously after thinking it was white for so long, it's weird D:

Also I hope they bring customization back. Brandon's clown shoes are annoying and May needs an outfit change.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Is anybody else creeped out by Brandon's brown hair?? Seriously after thinking it was white for so long, it's weird D:

Also I hope they bring customization back. Brandon's clown shoes are annoying and May needs an outfit change.

It's funny that a lot of people notice Brendan's shoes when N had similar shoes and people aren't even bothered by it.

As for Brendan's hair, a lot of people have known for a long time that it's only a beanie, so making his hair more evident is not at all surprising.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It's funny that a lot of people notice Brendan's shoes when N had similar shoes and people aren't even bothered by it.

As for Brendan's hair, a lot of people have known for a long time that it's only a beanie, so making his hair more evident is not at all surprising.

I really couldn't care less about N so it didn't bug me. I just hate when they give the main characters crappy shoes.

I know it was a beanie too but I didn't know his actual hair is brown so it threw me off. To be honest, I can't picture his hair as anything but white :/...

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader

Ya I guess it just was a white hat I had no idea haha I hope you can take off the hat if you can change your hair I mean.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ya I guess it just was a white hat I had no idea haha I hope you can take off the hat if you can change your hair I mean.

Ya, it was weird in XY how we were forced to wear a hat, especially since our rival could take it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.