• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vespiqueen

So May's outfit has been altered a bit, that's going to take me a second to get used to..I wonder if character customization is going to be in option in these games?

Aetius

The introduction to Archie's and Maxie's battle is cool, but why the first one looks like he doesn't want to keep on living while the other seems to be freaking excited for battling you? XD
I understand that Team Aqua and Magma are opposites, but damn, they could have made Maxie move more for God's sake. LOL
Either way, I'm really digging Roxanne's new look, because she looks amazing; I'd dare say she's cuter now, but also retains her teacher-like behaviour. :)
Now, I'm really looking forward to seeing the other Gym leaders' redesigns (especially Phoebe's and Flannery). :D

Last edited:

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
Alright Im putting it out there Team magma looks like more like team Flare than it did the first time.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
So May's outfit has been altered a bit, that's going to take me a second to get used to..I wonder if character customization is going to be in option in these games?

yeah the whole design has changed for both probs to accommodate the XY customization (making them more genric like the XY characters) May got paler and blonder and Brendan got darker both skin and hair (which where choices in XY)

Pilpulp

美的
Who owns the gyms shown?

My best bet is Brawly for the rock one with the traps, as it looks like it could be Roxanne's, but it's too complex.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Who owns the gyms shown?

My best bet is Brawly for the rock one with the traps, as it looks like it could be Roxanne's, but it's too complex.

Those are my thoughts, but Brawly as long as they retcon his gym to be part of Granite Cave, like how they did Cyllage. It is too complex to be Roxanne's.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Those are my thoughts, but Brawly as long as they retcon his gym to be part of Granite Cave, like how they did Cyllage. It is too complex to be Roxanne's.

It's Flannery's. You can tell by the hot springs.

vespiqueen

yeah the whole design has changed for both probs to accommodate the XY customization (making them more genric like the XY characters) May got paler and blonder and Brendan got darker both skin and hair (which where choices in XY)

Ahh okay. Well that makes me feel better knowing that we can still customize :)

On a flip note, Shelly's redesign is amaaaazing. She looks so badass.
Plus I'm loving the tans on Team Aqua.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
Who owns the gyms shown?

I think the trap door is Brawlys we have a clear fighting type female trainer in the back ground :) and the other one appears to be Tate and Liza's as te trainers are psychic trainers

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Ooooooo, you better not say that they're tan instead of black without CONFIRMED TANLINES or else

(I'm kidding, by the way. That was just the stupidest argument I had and I'm still annoyed by it. :p)

Aetius

Talking about Gyms, I'm really liking how they restructualized them. :D
The ones who seem to be Roxanne's, Brawly's, Flannery's and Tate's and Liza's look fantastic. :D

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Ahh okay. Well that makes me feel better knowing that we can still customize :)

On a flip note, Shelly's redesign is amaaaazing. She looks so badass.
Plus, in the short cutscene of cycle road (or whatever it's called) from the E3 footage, May seems to have a red bag, which looks different from hers in the official artwork

Also, I hope that that does clue us on customization. I'd love to give Brendan actual white hair!

Last edited:

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Talking about Gyms, I'm really liking how they restructualized them. :D
The ones who seem to be Roxanne's, Brawly's, Flannery's and Tate's and Liza's look fantastic. :D

After further inspection, the 'dot' gym is certainly Tate & Liza's, it's filled with Psychics and Hex maniacs. Therefore we've only see that and Flannery's.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
To clarify; who's gym is this? The one that was originally in question.

Yeah that's Flannery. You can tell by the hot springs and in the video it showed the player moving around like in Flannery's RSE gym.

Aetius

After further inspection, the 'dot' gym is certainly Tate & Liza's, it's filled with Psychics and Hex maniacs. Therefore we've only see that and Flannery's.

Yeah, I too noticed the Hex Maniac, who doesn't seem different from her XY counterpart by the way.
Do you think that we will see more trainers from XY or the Hex Maniac will be the only exception?

SilverFox

So sly
I love how aggressive Archie is throwing the poke ball and Maxie is just calmly tossing it. It really says something about their personalities!!

Roxanne looks good too, I really hope all the gym leaders and E4 get over hauls.

Status
Not open for further replies.