• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurimin

Snowflake Trainer
Yeah. New characters are nice and such, but they aren't really a must in my opinion. (Add-on characters tend to be really gimmicky too.)
I would rather have them fleshing out the old characters instead. Hoenn has very many characters who have potential to become even more interesting, like The Trick Master, Prof. Cosmo, The Winstrates, Captain Stern, Gabby&Ty and some others. All of them have relatively small roles and I certainly wouldn't mind if they got larger roles.

I agree with this. The characters you have listed have more potential to be developed further imo. It would be nice if Mr. Briney and the Frontier Brains would make more appearances

LordSerperior

Yeah. New characters are nice and such, but they aren't really a must in my opinion. (Add-on characters tend to be really gimmicky too.)
I would rather have them fleshing out the old characters instead. Hoenn has very many characters who have potential to become even more interesting, like The Trick Master, Prof. Cosmo, The Winstrates, Captain Stern, Gabby&Ty and some others. All of them have relatively small roles and I certainly wouldn't mind if they got larger roles.

I really want Gabby and Ty to have an expanded role, they weren't really memorable in the games but I found them to be really cool in pokespe

Icekid97

So I'm not sure if anyone had this in mind, but what Pokemon do you think the gym leaders and elite four will use in these games? Here's my idea of what their rosters would be:

Gym Leaders
Roxanne: Geodude, Nosepass
Brawly: Machop, Makuhita
Wattson: Electrike, Voltorb, Magneton
Flannery: Vulpix, Slugma, Torkoal
Norman: Linoone, Vigoroth, Spinda, Slaking
Winona: Swellow, Pelipper, Tropius, Altaria
Tate and Liza: Lunatone, Solrock
Wallace: Luvdisc, Whiscash, Sealeo, Gorebyss, Milotic

Elite Four
Sidney: Mightyena, Absol, Honchkrow, Drapion, Shiftry
Phoebe: Gengar, Drifblim, Banette, Sableye, Dusknoir
Glacia: Glalie, Froslass, Cloyster, Vanilluxe, Walrein
Drake: Druddigon, Flygon, Kingdra, Dragalge, Salamence

Last edited:

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
So I'm not sure if anyone had this in mind, but what Pokemon do you think the gym leaders and elite four will use in these games? Here's my idea of what their rosters would be:

Gym Leaders
Roxanne: Geodude, Nosepass
Brawly: Machop, Makuhita
Wattson: Electrike, Voltorb, Magneton
Flannery: Vulpix, Slugma, Torkoal
Norman: Linoone, Vigoroth, Spinda, Slaking
Winona: Swellow, Pelipper, Tropius, Altaria
Tate and Liza: Lunatone, Solrock
Wallace: Luvdisc, Whiscash, Sealeo, Gorebyss, Milotic

Elite Four
Sidney: Mightyena, Absol, Honchkrow, Drapion, Shiftry
Phoebe: Gengar, Drifblim, Banette, Sableye, Dusknoir
Glacia: Glalie, Froslass, Cloyster, Vanilluxe, Walrein
Drake: Druddigon, Flygon, Kingdra, Dragalge, Salamence

I like them. Though some of those depends upon on how much on a Expanded Hoenn Dex we get. I kinda of like Tate and liza having more then just Solrock and Lunatone since they are the 7th Gym. Two Pokemon for the 7th Gym seemed weak back in RS. I like how they did it in Emerald.

Icekid97

I like them. Though some of those depends upon on how much on a Expanded Hoenn Dex we get. I kinda of like Tate and liza having more then just Solrock and Lunatone since they are the 7th Gym. Two Pokemon for the 7th Gym seemed weak back in RS. I like how they did it in Emerald.

You have a point, Tate and Liza were way more difficult to beat in Emerald than they were in RS. Maybe Xatu and Slowbro could be added to their roster.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I really want Gabby and Ty to have an expanded role, they weren't really memorable in the games but I found them to be really cool in pokespe

At least Gabby and Ty has a much more role in the game, despite being minor characters, compared to some other journalist in Kalos.

...Yes, Alexa. I'm looking at you.

lavanda

Really feeling it
So I'm not sure if anyone had this in mind, but what Pokemon do you think the gym leaders and elite four will use in these games?
Same as RS for the gym leaders, but for the Elite Four:

Sidney: Mightyena, Sharpedo, Absol, Drapion, Shiftry
Phoebe: Mismagius, Gengar, Sableye, Banette, Dusknoir
Glacia: Dewgong, Glaceon, Glalie, Froslass, Walrein
Drake: Gabite, Kingdra, Altaria, Flygon, Salamence
Steven: Skarmory, Bronzong, Aggron, Cradily, Armaldo, Metagross

For some reason I don't see Gen V/VI mons added to the Elite Four.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I completely forgot about Gabby & the Cameraman! I kind of want to see artwork for them, although I don't think their role needs to be expanded other than a few other appearances during the story.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Since we're on the topic of Gabby & Ty... I wonder if they will keep the post-battle interviews.
While the limited choice of words can be funny, I guess we'll be able to write anything we want now.

I wonder if trainers will actually use megas this time around. It was really stupid how it was one of the most hyped features of X and Y, and literally 4 trainers in the entire game use megas. Wally had better use Mega Gardevoir, I'd like to see the E4 and team leaders use them too. Even just random people would be fine.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I wonder if trainers will actually use megas this time around. It was really stupid how it was one of the most hyped features of X and Y, and literally 4 trainers in the entire game use megas. Wally had better use Mega Gardevoir, I'd like to see the E4 and team leaders use them too. Even just random people would be fine.

Well it's plot-wise it's not this hugely known thing, plus that would require them all to have Key Stones which seem to be rare (The reason why you battle Calem/Serena for the Key Stone). It doesn't make sense for every Tom, Dick & Harry to have a Mega on their team and I doubt they'll ever make it that they are.

Akashin

That wasn't stupid at all. Had there been random people already using Megas all over the place, Sycamore wanting you to research how it works in the first place would have made considerably less sense. I think the four we saw worked for X and Y.

But yes, a couple more people having Megas (though probably only in post-game) would not be unwelcome, either.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era

Made sense to me, but it would have been better if all the E4 and maybe the last 2 gyms had megas, just for the challenge

Thure

Made sense to me, but it would have been better if all the E4 and maybe the last 2 gyms had megas, just for the challenge

One of the last two gyms is a double battle with Tate and Liza... Unlikely one of them will have a Mega. Both or noone. And both is unlikely I think.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I completely forgot about Gabby & the Cameraman! I kind of want to see artwork for them, although I don't think their role needs to be expanded other than a few other appearances during the story.

I forgot about them as well, mostly because they were minor characters in R/S/E imo. I only battled them for extra experience and I doubt their roles will be much different in OR/AS.

R_N

Until megas become more widespread, I highly doubt that the leaders (MAYBE the 8th) or e4 members will get megas (at least on round 1)

they're using them for climactic battles for the time being

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
My bet for the League:

Sidney: Mightyena, Krookodile, Shiftry, Scrafty, Absol
Phoebe: Bannette, Cofagrigus, Sableye, Drifblim, Dusknor
Glacia: Glalie, Vanilluxe, Froslass, Jynx, Walrein
Drake: Altaria, Kingdra, Haxorus, Flygon, Salamence
Steve/Wallace: Original team

My bet for the League:

Sidney: Mightyena, Krookodile, Shiftry, Scrafty, Absol
Phoebe: Bannette, Cofagrigus, Sableye, Drifblim, Dusknor
Glacia: Glalie, Vanilluxe, Froslass, Jynx, Walrein
Drake: Altaria, Kingdra, Haxorus, Flygon, Salamence
Steve/Wallace: Original team

I think most of the "different pokemon" we're going to see will be Sinnoh evolutions. Unova pokemon would just feel weird and out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.