• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Anyone else disappointed that trainer customization won't reach Hoenn? Cause honestly, I'm not. I can't imagine Brendan wearing something else (outside of contests)!

I wanted Brendan's hat to be removable at least since his Contest look was hot, but I guess that's not happening. Oh well. It's not too big of a deal for me, personally.

Prince Manaphy

I like Empoleon too.
I wanted Brendan's hat to be removable at least since his Contest look was hot, but I guess that's not happening. Oh well. It's not too big of a deal for me, personally.

Confession: His new ORAS look made him many and removing the hat made him hot... Damn GameFreak! When can we remove hats!?

NightShadow

Sad no character customization, it was the first time I was gonna play as a girl (Based after one of my friends) but oh well, everything else makes up for it. I'm just hoping the no customization is for this game only because it's a remake. New games like Z or whatever will bring back character customization :/

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Sad no character customization, it was the first time I was gonna play as a girl (Based after one of my friends) but oh well, everything else makes up for it. I'm just hoping the no customization is for this game only because it's a remake. New games like Z or whatever will bring back character customization :/

Judging from what was said in the article I would imagine Z (or whatever the next Kalos game will be called) will have it. Now since he said Customization was part of Kalos design/feel does that mean it will disappear in the games following who knows.

Anyone else disappointed that trainer customization won't reach Hoenn? Cause honestly, I'm not. I can't imagine Brendan wearing something else (outside of contests)!

I'm not terribly bothered. It would have been a nice little option but it's hardly game breaking. I like May's redesign enough so I wasn't planning on changing her in the first place. Plus, the customization wasn't exactly top notch in X/Y. I'm hoping they improve on the feature later.

blob

Anyone know where the Pokémon Trainer re-battle/info list is in the new PokéNav? Also, anyone know how you can check your Contest Stats?

blob

All I can find on the PokéNav is a TV, a Map, some wild Pokémon info and the stuff from XY. It seems to have taken most of the stuff out of the original PokéNav, making it look like a completely different device.

diakyu

Tate and Liza are in the demo outside their gym. They look the exact same. 4:22

Edit: Ah sorry, failed to see tangellina's post.

Last edited:

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Tangellina already said that.

Can you play answer my question? I want to know what happened to half of the original PokéNav's functions!

Isn't the only one that hasn't been reported the Condition Checker? I assume that'll be available in either DexNav or PlayNav.

diakyu

Tangellina already said that.

Can you play answer my question? I want to know what happened to half of the original PokéNav's functions!
Stuff like trainer eyes? It's still in there. Go check out the main ORAS website.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm glad the Trainer's Eyes are back, along with the rematch feature.
I would've hated it if they scrapped that.

.Aerodactyl.

So I looked up all the stuff on the pokenav. Is a Pokemon's condition going to be checked on the individual Pokemon themselves? Like in their stat page instead of on the pokenav? Cause I would be more than okay with that. I loved that feature in Diamond, it seemed silly to have to use the device for it.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So I looked up all the stuff on the pokenav. Is a Pokemon's condition going to be checked on the individual Pokemon themselves? Like in their stat page instead of on the pokenav? Cause I would be more than okay with that. I loved that feature in Diamond, it seemed silly to have to use the device for it.

The Condition feature on the PokeNav was kinda redundant if you can actually check it on their stats.
So yeah, they probably scrapped that due to redundancy.

.Aerodactyl.

The Condition feature on the PokeNav was kinda redundant if you can actually check it on their stats.
So yeah, they probably scrapped that due to redundancy.

Thanks, I was hoping I wasn't the only one who thought this. Guess we don't for sure, but I checked again and there is no mention of it

The sight does say that the dexnav will eventually help us catch Pokemon with hidden abilities though! That is so amazing, I love how they're releasing more an dmore hidden abilities. They're making them not too easy so there is still a challenge in getting them and a sense of satisfaction when you do, but also not impossible to get. Hello Wonder skin Delcatty!

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Status
Not open for further replies.