• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I forgot just how much I hated Wally until playing this game. Wow. I still hate him.

In fact, I forgot how much of a bland, faceless guy Norman was too. ORAS remade everything to the T, including my sheer hatred of characters and general indifference to the story while playing.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I forgot just how much I hated Wally until playing this game. Wow. I still hate him.

In fact, I forgot how much of a bland, faceless guy Norman was too. ORAS remade everything to the T, including my sheer hatred of characters and general indifference to the story while playing.

I'm curious, why'd you buy it then?

Anyone else love how Archie nicknamed you?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Norman and Wally were always my least favorite Gen 3 characters, so I agree that they were lame in OR/AS as well. Wally's progression seemed like too little, too late to me.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi

Otehr then norman being bland I disagree with all your points (even then he feels like a caring father proud of son atleast, which is more then our dad in x/y who gave us a laptop and left)

It did remake everything to a T including my love for these characters and infact made me love them more, the story which was already my favorite amoung all pokemon games became even more of my favorite.

and wally was just fine whats there to hate about him aside from personal bias agaisnt his team that somehow "goes agaisnt his character" when I don't remeber wally stating he'll win with his favorites just he'll win someday even if that means going smogon on us

CrusherTheFeraligatr

HexManiacAbby

Otehr then norman being bland I disagree with all your points (even then he feels like a caring father proud of son atleast, which is more then our dad in x/y who gave us a laptop and left)

It did remake everything to a T including my love for these characters and infact made me love them more, the story which was already my favorite amoung all pokemon games became even more of my favorite.

and wally was just fine whats there to hate about him aside from personal bias agaisnt his team that somehow "goes agaisnt his character" when I don't remeber wally stating he'll win with his favorites just he'll win someday even if that means going smogon on us

>Going Smogon OU on us.

Fixed.

Banana Bloodplanet

The first time I heard him say it I was like "Is that even a word? It sounds like something a pirate would say." Then I found out it is actually a word :O

Why is Wattson - an old dude - married to an Ace Trainer - an older female teen?

Is he a kavorka man?
I assumed it was his daughter. Is there any text stating her to be his wife?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

My dislike of Wally has nothing to do with his final team, which I'll probably never get to battle anyway given the prerequisite. I simply dislike him as a character and his development in general didn't really impress me much.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

a person, especially a child, who is mischievous in a likable or amusing way.

a wicked or worthless person; a rogue.

I think he means both.

This made me laugh. Scamp-o was my fave.

HexManiacAbby

And btw, I'm trying to get used to his new team. It's just that it irks me that everyone is saying he is going smogon, he has a smogon team, or something else with the same spirit. Smogon is not only Ubers and OU, people! There are other tiers too!

CrusherTheFeraligatr

And btw, I'm trying to get used to his new team. It's just that it irks me that everyone is saying he is going smogon, he has a smogon team, or something else with the same spirit. Smogon is not only Ubers and OU, people! There are other tiers too!

That's just what they want you to believe.

And if they didn't pump up his team post game, they'd be complaining there was no challenge. Is he not allowed to love strong pokemon?

HexManiacAbby

That's just what they want you to believe.

And if they didn't pump up his team post game, they'd be complaining there was no challenge. Is he not allowed to love strong pokemon?

I know what you mean. I just think that they should have gone with the same way they did with Barry. Same ol' team, but available after beating the game and buffed up everytime you beat the E4 and Steven.

And Barry's Pokémon were neither horribly bad nor gen. 4 OU, which makes him a good Audino-like Experience Piñata if you already have your team by Level 100 and want to grind some other Pokémon(my case while playing Platinum). Or if your team still hasn't hit Level 100 and the Battleground isn't enough (my case too).

I couldn't do that even if Wally was available without doing the battle facility (Which implies I already did this). Mostly because his team is so horribly powerful that I'd need an especialized team just to beat it!

shadowF

I love wally now, I feel he is my favorite rival of all the pokemon games, don't care about Brendan/may since I am bugged we weren't able to have rematches with them. One thing I love is that we get to team up with wally for the battle maison! I always liked how in platinum and in soulsilver/heartgold we teamed up with our rivals to battle important characters but it was always a one time thing, but here we team up with him whenever we want forever, we can also team up with the villain, champion steven and Brendan /may for the battle maison. Psyenergy was able to confirm to me that wally,maxie/archie and steven get to mega evolve their pokemon in the battle maison when you team up with them so that is awesomely cool. Even though we did not get the battle frontier I am very happy we get to team up with all these cool people whenever we want and all their characters were very fleshed out.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I know what you mean. I just think that they should have gone with the same way they did with Barry. Same ol' team, but available after beating the game and buffed up everytime you beat the E4 and Steven.

And Barry's Pokémon were neither horribly bad nor gen. 4 OU, which makes him a good Audino-like Experience Piñata if you already have your team by Level 100 and want to grind some other Pokémon(my case while playing Platinum). Or if your team still hasn't hit Level 100 and the Battleground isn't enough (my case too).

I couldn't do that even if Wally was available without doing the battle facility (Which implies I already did this). Mostly because his team is so horribly powerful that I'd need an especialized team just to beat it!

I finally really looked at his post game team, and holy skunk balls. While I hate the 'he went against loving your pokemon' rants, they really went full competitive with him. great pokes, moves, items. Jesus.

And I'm just at the kyogre part, and pangoro I'm using as my starter is higher than his first post game team.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I finally really looked at his post game team, and holy skunk balls. While I hate the 'he went against loving your pokemon' rants, they really went full competitive with him. great pokes, moves, items. Jesus.

Except that same team is locked out to all the people who get seriously decimated before reaching the 50th battle in the Battle Maison.

Screw Wally. I still have B2W2 N for this.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Except that same team is locked out to all the people who get seriously decimated before reaching the 50th battle in the Battle Maison.

Screw Wally. I still have B2W2 N for this.

Its just a maison team? Then that's less extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.