• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HexManiacAbby

I finally really looked at his post game team, and holy skunk balls. While I hate the 'he went against loving your pokemon' rants, they really went full competitive with him. great pokes, moves, items. Jesus.

And I'm just at the kyogre part, and pangoro I'm using as my starter is higher than his first post game team.

I wish I could say the same with the Hariyama I was planning to use. And wait, who did you get a Pangoro as an starter? o_O

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I wish I could say the same with the Hariyama I was planning to use. And wait, who did you get a Pangoro as an starter? o_O

By doing what I've been doing for about five years now. Start a file, get the minimum requirements to trade (In each gen I have a 'base' file-where I breed/trade), then bring an egg of a pokemon I decided on what my starter will be. In this case, a pancham egg. I have whole boxes of pokes ready to be used this way, and will breed for others.

I figure who wants to wait 7 badges in to use a pokemon? I can just breed one, and use it the whole way thru! And if a pokemon doesn't work out-too weak for later badges/awful ability, etc, use it a sponge file for my base file.

Aside from my first white file, my last 50+ files have been like this. And 35+ of them have been my last hundreds. This pangoro will be my 63rd hundred. That's how I've been raising them. Heaven the hydreigon was my most difficult, that freakin' ability.

Man, I wrote a novel. Sorry. ^And for the record, I'm a girl.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Wally almost says yes (or he does say yes, don't remember his flame arrow bird's item).

Wally runs Life Orb, because he knows better than to run Scarf on a base 126 Speed Pokemon with Gale Wings.

And battle facilities are rarely fair.

That doesn't mean they can deviate from their programmed sets to run something worse.

if you're really that scared, just abuse Mat Block and Aron, see if I care

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Not sure how much I say will be spoiled for others, so I'll just hide everything. :p

I still wish they fleshed out some of the Gym Leaders a bit more. I mean, Norman and Wallace obviously had a bit of it (Wallace in relation to Lisia which is adorable and 'Dad' showing his 'family man' side at times). Wattson kind of did too to a lesser extent, but after you beat the Gym Leaders, you don't ever think about them again. Would have loved to see them outside of their Gyms too every once in a while. :p Also wish this were true with the E4 members. lol Most I got so far was seeing Sidney at the Battle Maison (trying to bring back Steven to the League...lol) and an NPC at the food court telling me that Glacia happens to stuff her mouth with the ramen sold there... So much for prim and proper. XD Like you couldn't tell I like GL and E4 characters.

Your relationship with your rival (whichever gender you choose to play) is so cute too. I'm glad they also got a fully evolved starter! :D Steven, to me, got so much fleshing out. That seen in Delta Episode with his Dad made me giggle because he always seemed so level-headed and then that happens. President Stone is such a kidder. XD Also, that cutscene with Wallace pretty much alluded to the Emerald scenario where he could become Champion to replace Steven. :p

Overall though, I enjoyed most of the characters! I'll admit that I didn't beat the original RSE, but getting to know the characters better through ORAS was a plus for me.

HexManiacAbby

Not sure how much I say will be spoiled for others, so I'll just hide everything. :p

I still wish they fleshed out some of the Gym Leaders a bit more. I mean, Norman and Wallace obviously had a bit of it (Wallace in relation to Lisia which is adorable and 'Dad' showing his 'family man' side at times). Wattson kind of did too to a lesser extent, but after you beat the Gym Leaders, you don't ever think about them again. Would have loved to see them outside of their Gyms too every once in a while. :p Also wish this were true with the E4 members. lol Most I got so far was seeing Sidney at the Battle Maison (trying to bring back Steven to the League...lol) and an NPC at the food court telling me that Glacia happens to stuff her mouth with the ramen sold there... So much for prim and proper. XD Like you couldn't tell I like GL and E4 characters.

Your relationship with your rival (whichever gender you choose to play) is so cute too. I'm glad they also got a fully evolved starter! :D Steven, to me, got so much fleshing out. That seen in Delta Episode with his Dad made me giggle because he always seemed so level-headed and then that happens. President Stone is such a kidder. XD Also, that cutscene with Wallace pretty much alluded to the Emerald scenario where he could become Champion to replace Steven. :p

Overall though, I enjoyed most of the characters! I'll admit that I didn't beat the original RSE, but getting to know the characters better through ORAS was a plus for me.

And what about Wally? You didn't find him better or worse or what?

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
And what about Wally? You didn't find him better or worse or what?

Did I have to mention Wally...? I mean I like him (he was so cute throughout, especially when he wanted to declare you your rival) and his Victory Road battle music was one of my favorites, but I was writing what was on my mind at the time of posting that post. :p I did say I enjoyed most of the characters... Haha.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

Major Spoilers, buuuuut......
You do meet the leaders outside of the gyms.
-Roxanne is found in Granite Cave.
-Brawly shows up to train the Machoke from the Master Rank Contests after you beat Lisia.
-Wattson is in his apartment, and has the most new backstory with Sea Mauville.
-Flannery is in the Scorched Slab looking for Hetran.
-Winona can be found on one of the towers of Mauville.
-Wallace is Wallace.

And even the E4 travels! Pheobe can be found in Mt Pyre, and like you said Sidney is in the Maison. I think Glacia is in Shoal Cave as well.
Yeah don't read if you don't want to be spoiled, but you might want to if you want to see what happens.

HexManiacAbby

-Brawly shows up to train the Machoke from the Master Rank Contests after you beat Lisia.
-Wallace is Wallace.

And even the E4 travels! Pheobe can be found in Mt Pyre, and like you said Sidney is in the Maison. I think Glacia is in Shoal Cave as well.
Yeah don't read if you don't want to be spoiled, but you might want to if you want to see what happens.

Flannery looking for Heatran=Awesome!

That Machoke is his? (Or training it, at least?) Wow... Just, Wow. Mind=blown. Brawly was never my first guess for the Machoke...

Wallace is Wallace, you mean his location in the Contest Hall (Is that the name)?

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
-Wallace is Wallace.

Roxanne is also found in the Fossil Maniac's tunnel begging for a certain fossil to the point she starts sobbing, the dude's all "I don't care if you cry, just keep the tears off of the fossils, that water and salt is bad for them" what a heartless jerk.

Akashin

Flannery looking for Heatran=Awesome!

That Machoke is his? (Or training it, at least?) Wow... Just, Wow. Mind=blown. Brawly was never my first guess for the Machoke...

Wallace is Wallace, you mean his location in the Contest Hall (Is that the name)?

By Wallace being Wallace, I think he was talking about Wallace's already existing importance with the main story making him a more important Gym Leader than the rest. He now has Contests and Delta Episode to add on to that, however.

Ajduk

I loved Stevem in this game :D
Hell, if these games did not elevate him MILES
above Cynthia, than idk what to say to you.
He is so badass!!!

Lance is still the best, imo, but Steven>>>>>>Cynthia

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
-Wallace is Wallace.

Oh really?? Ha! Looks like I got more exploring to do, but that's great! :) Thanks for letting me know! I was only aware of the Wattson one!

Chimungus

I loved Stevem in this game :D
Hell, if these games did not elevate him MILES
above Cynthia, than idk what to say to you.
He is so badass!!!
Lance is still the best, imo, but Steven>>>>>>Cynthia

Yea Steven was my favorite character already, but this game made him all the more interesting! I have a question though, if Infinity Energy is really what I think it is (using the life force of Pokemon) do you think Steven really knew what it was? And do you think he approved of it? Because I just have a hard time believing he's shady or whatever. Even his dad doesn't necessarily seem shady, as you talk to I'm afterwards and he says his was of thinking was wrong all along. What do you guys think about this?

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Yea Steven was my favorite character already, but this game made him all the more interesting! I have a question though, if Infinity Energy is really what I think it is (using the life force of Pokemon) do you think Steven really knew what it was? And do you think he approved of it? Because I just have a hard time believing he's shady or whatever. Even his dad doesn't necessarily seem shady, as you talk to I'm afterwards and he says his was of thinking was wrong all along. What do you guys think about this?

From what I recall playing Delta Episode, when he first calls you, he sounded really upset. I interpret that as he had no idea of his family's success being built on Infinity Energy and it sort of showed on his face when his father was telling the player character the story of Infinity Energy's origins and Steven's grandfather. Therefore, I take it Steven didn't know. He even had a bit of strain with his father after he tries to depart for Meteor Falls.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
From what I recall playing Delta Episode, when he first calls you, he sounded really upset. I interpret that as he had no idea of his family's success being built on Infinity Energy and it sort of showed on his face when his father was telling the player character the story of Infinity Energy's origins and Steven's grandfather. Therefore, I take it Steven didn't know. He even had a bit of strain with his father after he tries to depart for Meteor Falls.

Could you say they had a bit of a...Rocky relationship?

Status
Not open for further replies.