• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I would have liked Gym Leader rematches too. I kinda feel like those should be standard at this point...Its particularly great to see for a remake, since there are new toys for them to play with after so many years. They did a good job with the E4 updates, so I wonder why the Gym Leaders were skipped...

Wattson in particular could've used the buff. His Gym Battle team from RS is disappointingly easy compared to Manectric and friends from Emerald.

Last edited:

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
For glacia has anyone tried looking in the soda pop shop on slateports beach? I just restarted the games and was in there and they were talking about hot battles which glicia goes on about.

For glacia has anyone tried looking in the soda pop shop on slateports beach? I just restarted the games and was in there and they were talking about hot battles which glicia goes on about.

I just tried this, nope, she's not there.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So Glacia still hasn't been found outside of the Pokemon League building? Yikes. Knowing GF, they may have made finding her really convoluted like requiring us to have 999 Casteliacones in our Bag or something. Or she's simply the Grimsley of OR/AS. :x

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
So Glacia still hasn't been found outside of the Pokemon League building? Yikes. Knowing GF, they may have made finding her really convoluted like requiring us to have 999 Casteliacones in our Bag or something. Or she's simply the Grimsley of OR/AS. :x

I lost track of the Glacia tracking. Did anybody check the Mauville Food Court? According to one of the NPCs, she frequents there. Perhaps there's some other condition that you have to fulfill in order to make her appear? Maybe go for a Mauville Ramen Bowl, since that's apparently what she eats? I dunno.

HM02gon

Waiting...
Does anyone have a list of the gym leader/elite 4 appearances- I've so far found Roxanne, Flannery, Wattson, Tate+Liza, Sidney, and Drake. Everyone keeps telling Phoebe appears on Mount Pyre but I go there every day to check and she's not there. ?????

Does anyone have a list of the gym leader/elite 4 appearances- I've so far found Roxanne, Flannery, Wattson, Tate+Liza, Sidney, and Drake. Everyone keeps telling Phoebe appears on Mount Pyre but I go there every day to check and she's not there. ?????
some data that users had previously compiled:
Major Spoilers, buuuuut......
You do meet the leaders outside of the gyms.
-Roxanne is found in Granite Cave.
-Brawly shows up to train the Machoke from the Master Rank Contests after you beat Lisia.
-Wattson is in his apartment, and has the most new backstory with Sea Mauville.
-Flannery is in the Scorched Slab looking for Hetran.
-Winona can be found on one of the towers of Mauville.
-Wallace is Wallace.

And even the E4 travels! Pheobe can be found in Mt Pyre, and like you said Sidney is in the Maison. I think Glacia is in Shoal Cave as well.
Yeah don't read if you don't want to be spoiled, but you might want to if you want to see what happens.

I haven't check that place, but I know I met Roxanne somewhere else. Tate and Liza also shows up in another city :p

Roxanne is found in the Fossil Maniac's tunnel just outside Fallarbor

Tate and Liza are in the fifth floor of Lilycove Dept. Store

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
altough glacia is not in shoal cave, I checked the whole thing

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After being bored of seeing Looker involved in several previous games, I'm really glad that he only has a small role in OR/AS. I've never really liked him anyway tbh.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Since Looker is a recurring character since DPPt, pretty sure we'll see more of him on the next games.
The fact that GF gave Looker an amnesia can simply mean that they plan to expand his background story more.

-Raiga-

After being bored of seeing Looker involved in several previous games, I'm really glad that he only has a small role in OR/AS. I've never really liked him anyway tbh.

Agreed. The character is just plain unnecessary in whatever game he's in. I think part of the reason is because you never get to fight him, so he loses a little memorability that way.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'd still rather see Looker than Cynthia. Even though we actually fight Cynthia I don't like her character nearly as much, and at least Looker usually has a good reason for being placed where he is. In other games, at least, his appearance in ORAS is too minor to say either way.

Avenue

Okay, so a month ago I was exploring Mauville City for the first time. When I was walking around on the top most floor, a man randomly came up to me and handed me a Nugget while saying something along the lines of "Here, take it." and "Don't ask." I didn't think anything of it then. But I recently came across an article that talked about a secret mission from the demo involving a 'Nugget Man'. Mind you, I never downloaded the demo so now I'm curious:

Is there a connection between this guy and the demo guy? And if so, does it happen in every game by default or are there certain conditions to unlock this guy?

Aetius

Okay, so a month ago I was exploring Mauville City for the first time. When I was walking around on the top most floor, a man randomly came up to me and handed me a Nugget while saying something along the lines of "Here, take it." and "Don't ask." I didn't think anything of it then. But I recently came across an article that talked about a secret mission from the demo involving a 'Nugget Man'. Mind you, I never downloaded the demo so now I'm curious:

Is there a connection between this guy and the demo guy? And if so, does it happen in every game by default or are there certain conditions to unlock this guy?

They're clearly the same person and you don't have to fulfill any kind of condition to unlock him. :D

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I much prefer Looker over Cynthia. He's much more entertaining and has a more unique personality imo. But each to their own.

I'm intrigued as to why he has lost his memory, and why he supposedly appeared from the sky near the Battle Resort in the first place... And now I wonder if this isn't just how he begins his adventures seen in other games, meaning that he never was part of the international police in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.