• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Character Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belgrim

So like, what if Aster was Zinnia's sister and she was kidnapped and taken to another dimension which is why Zinnia was worried and broke the link cable device.

Eon Hero

soaring the skyes...
I always though Aster was actually Zinnia's mother. Like she lost her. Somehow her mother died and she thinks she went to another dimension like ehat we refer to Heaven (specially becaus she looks at the stars when she says those thing ). She could be afraid that the meteor would affect that dimension. At least that's the idea I have...

Miss Meta Mon

I ♥ Poké Dolls
After playing both Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I have to say that between Archie and Maxie, I prefer Archie. I find that he has a bit more character than Maxie does, like he got more of a character buff from the original games. I know it is part of Maxie's character to be cold, cool, emotionless, and collected, but that just makes him a little less fun than Archie, in my opinion.

Aetius

After playing both Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I have to say that between Archie and Maxie, I prefer Archie. I find that he has a bit more character than Maxie does, like he got more of a character buff from the original games. I know it is part of Maxie's character to be cold, cool, emotionless, and collected, but that just makes him a little less fun than Archie, in my opinion.

If you defeated Maxie even once, you'll have noticed that he lost the attributes you just have mentioned. XD

[video=youtube;bevwy-98JGw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bevwy-98JGw[/video]

Seriously, it's hilarious. LOL
Either way, I too prefered Archie over Maxie. :D

Last edited:

Miss Meta Mon

I ♥ Poké Dolls
If you defeated Maxie even once, you'll have noticed that he lost the attributes you just have mentioned. XD

Seriously, it's hilarious. LOL
Either way, I too prefered Archie over Maxie. :D

No, I definitely noticed it while playing, and I too found it hilarious.
The first time I saw it I was like "Whoa, what is he doing?" lol

Miss Meta Mon

I ♥ Poké Dolls
Aster is probably her sister or something...

That is an opinion I (somewhat) share lol.
Why do you think it may be her sister, as opposed to her daughter, or even (as I've heard) her mother?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Aster is probably her sister or something...

Head on over to the Delta Episode thread, we're discussing that topic there.

Miss Meta Mon

I ♥ Poké Dolls
Changing gears a bit to another character... Wally.
I thought his character got a breath of fresh air with a rival theme, a bit more back story, and lots of emotional facial expressions.
Thoughts?

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
Changing gears a bit to another character... Wally.
I thought his character got a breath of fresh air with a rival theme, a bit more back story, and lots of emotional facial expressions.
Thoughts?

He is definitely improved through and through, he still lacks the necessary presence that I feel would have made him alot better. The aesthetic changes helped make him more memorable,which I think Gamefreak ultimately wanted to achieve.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
He is definitely improved through and through, he still lacks the necessary presence that I feel would have made him alot better. The aesthetic changes helped make him more memorable,which I think Gamefreak ultimately wanted to achieve.

I agree that GF should have him make more appearances throughout the story, but still the end result was satisfying. Shame he shifts to the trainer battle theme when you rematch him at the Maison onwards though, I liked his theme.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Tbh I thought he was almost as forgettable to me personally in OR/AS as he was in R/S/E. I just can't grow to like Wally much for some reason.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I agree that GF should have him make more appearances throughout the story, but still the end result was satisfying. Shame he shifts to the trainer battle theme when you rematch him at the Maison onwards though, I liked his theme.

Agreed, I think he should have appeared a little more. Yes, I get that he's not the "main" rival, however GF has proven that they can manage two rivals in a game (DPPt, BW, kind of sort of XY). I liked Wally more than May/Brendan in terms of characterization actually and I would have liked to see his story expanded just a little bit more (including keeping his theme throughout the game, or at least from Victory Road on). That being said, I do appreciate what they did for him in ORAS, as it all was a step up.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Wally is the shy kid that is persistent to become Champion but Brendan/May is just your next door neighbour and more casual. I think that's why people in general like Wally better than Brendan/May.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I thought that having Steven know about mega evolution was a pretty cool improvement. Steven, Drake and Maxie are my favorite characters of the games. My least favorite is Zinnia because I feel that she was unnecessary for the games.

...however GF has proven that they can manage two rivals in a game (DPPt, BW, kind of sort of XY).

Wait, when did you have two rivals in DPPt? Dawn/Lucas weren't true rivals because you never battled them. Same with Ethan/Lyra in HGSS--they were helper characters only, you never competed against them.

I thought Wally was updated well enough for his small part in the originals. The alteration of his awkward male Gardevoir to a Mega Gallade was a welcome change, and they gave him a bigger role in the post-game with a much tougher team.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Wait, when did you have two rivals in DPPt? Dawn/Lucas weren't true rivals because you never battled them. Same with Ethan/Lyra in HGSS--they were helper characters only, you never competed against them.

I thought Wally was updated well enough for his small part in the originals. The alteration of his awkward male Gardevoir to a Mega Gallade was a welcome change, and they gave him a bigger role in the post-game with a much tougher team.

You do battle with Dawn/Lucas at one point against Team Galactic, but I suppose you're right about them not being true rivals because you never battle against them.

But I do agree about Wally's updates being well enough.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
You do battle with Dawn/Lucas at one point against Team Galactic, but I suppose you're right about them not being true rivals because you never battle against them.

But I do agree about Wally's updates being well enough.

Actually you battle with them twice.
Once in Jubilife, and once in Veilstone.

They could have used Battles, they have a Team and admitted they like Battling, so why not?

Honestly I still prefer Wally with his Male Gardevoir but whatever I guess.

His progress was pretty well handled in RSE for the wtf factor but lacking in every other aspect.
ORAS just made the whole thing awkward with Wally being way too "omg um um uh uh rival maybe not if you want to plz" every single time you met him.
Also that exchange in Petalburg after beating Norman just felt wrong.
I think it would have worked befter with him if you could have optional battles with him in Verdanturf until Flannery and have some mention on TV (go randomly checking everything!) Or the Pokénav of him beating Liza and Tate or whatever.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Anyone think Zinnia is hotter than she should be?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Wow. Zinnia. She's the dragon girl who likes that Mega Rayquaza to save Hoenn, thinking it's some sort of god who can save the world. Well, I thrashed her entire team partially due to Mega Rayquaza.

Status
Not open for further replies.