• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Characters/Storyline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruas

It's in the Northern Boulevard. Here's a video you can use to identify the building. I hope this is the person you're looking for.

Aerolyte

Shiny Raichu
I think they could've made team flare better.
That weird hand/arm thing they do, plus their outfit.
No thanks.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
No thanks.

I actually like it. That quirkiness is what I like most about them.
IMO, what we really need is to expand the storyline. Things happened so quick.

Curo

Water Trainer
No thanks.

I'm with you...but I thought the whole story was kinda childish. At least team flare fit in with it all. BW and BW2 had great story lines,in my opinion. I wish the x and y storyline and characters were similar. On the other hand, X and Y has so much freaking content I don't mind all the things wrong I see wrong with the characters and the story lines they fit in.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I actually like it. That quirkiness is what I like most about them.
IMO, what we really need is to expand the storyline. Things happened so quick.

What the storyline really needed was better pacing. The earlier encounters with Team Flare were really boring and generic because they were keeping their motives secret, and then we get tons of reveals pretty much all at once at the end of the game. If they'd have spaced those reveals out a little more, it would've been more interesting.

Curo

Water Trainer
What the storyline really needed was better pacing. The earlier encounters with Team Flare were really boring and generic because they were keeping their motives secret, and then we get tons of reveals pretty much all at once at the end of the game. If they'd have spaced those reveals out a little more, it would've been more interesting.

I think I agree with you. I didn't think of that...everything in the story should have been spaces out though

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
The Looker sidequest surprised me. It had a slow start but was ultimately a great story (though some things were a bit like "yeah right!"). It'd be nice to see Emma & Mimi again in a future Generation but they'd pretty much nipped that in the bud.

I actually liked the mystery about them. It interested me how Lysandre was a benevolent gentleman figure at the beginning but his looks pointed at being TF's boss. It was misleading considering how TF acted at first, they were completely unlike him. Only in the end Lysandre revealed his true motives, that he had to change his peaceful life to pursue his belief. It all made sense to me, from Lysandre's perspective and the perspective of his followers, worshipping him.

I only hated TF executives, they were quite dumb and too easygoing.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I actually liked the mystery about them. It interested me how Lysandre was a benevolent gentleman figure at the beginning but his looks pointed at being TF's boss. It was misleading considering how TF acted at first, they were completely unlike him. Only in the end Lysandre revealed his true motives, that he had to change his peaceful life to pursue his belief. It all made sense to me, from Lysandre's perspective and the perspective of his followers, worshipping him.

I only hated TF executives, they were quite dumb and too easygoing.

Talking about how disgusted he is at people taking the world's resources doesn't strike you as suspicious? That's a rather eerie attitude to carry in a Pokemon game.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Some interesting little facts from a recent interview~

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...abridged-pokemon-x-and-y.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

Q: What was the inspiration for Team Flare's evil objective and the character of Lysandre?
A: The idea for Lysandre came up when I was working on AZ's character settings. He's a person who thought AZ's ultimate weapon was brilliant and became obsessed with it. However, he's more obsessed with what he could do with the weapon than what the reason for its creation was originally. I wanted to express how terrifying obsession can be with this character.

In Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, Team Plasma's philosophy had a bit more of a serious tone to it. With Team Flare, I wanted to separate them from some kind of philosophy and make them a bit more goofy and funny.

Q: The legacy of this gigantic war that raged 3,000 years ago is important to the story of the game. Was this inspired by the impact of World War II on France today?
A: It was not inspired by those events. It came from my desire for war and terrorism to vanish from the world. By showing the war that transpired in ages long past, I wanted the player to think about war. The fact that the same events may occur all over again – I wanted to leave that decision in the player's hands. What I wanted to tell them was, "Don't leave it up to others to change things – you have to be the one to enact change."

Q: The exact details of the war and its impact on the world of Pokémon are ambiguous. Will we ever learn more about what transpired during that war?

A: The war was a clash between two different countries. People treated Pokémon with special powers as mere tools in their conflict. They gathered lots of Pokémon and Pokémon with unique powers. This long conflict was drawn out and many lives were lost. In order to emerge victorious, the soldiers believed that they needed even more powerful Pokémon. AZ loved his Pokémon, which he had received from his late mother, but it was forcefully taken from him by the soldiers. His Pokémon ended up becoming just another sacrifice in the war. Distraught with grief, AZ began work on his machine. Little did he know that his creation would bring great sorrow to the world.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
That is a fascinating interview. Each of the things I worked out by myself before even knowing this interview existed, Lysandre's character, Klefki's silly design (I like Klefki <3) and the reason 3D isn't in all the areas. But since Lysandre's motives were so deep I did wonder if it was in some way one of the creator's views, didn't know it was off of his desire for war and such to end :p loving it!

sheld999

i like how they added romance in the game with shuna and you watching fireworks and how the makers of x and y said they might add more romance into future gaming ,it was good that they did it

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
i like how they added romance in the game with shuna and you watching fireworks and how the makers of x and y said they might add more romance into future gaming ,it was good that they did it

Nowhere I read such thing. These games hardly deal with love between characters, and the closest we have to something like that while it's not is probably Tate and Liza.

And that romance thing, it wasn't romance. It was people taking it considerably out of context and making Shauna sound like a lesbian towards Serena if you picked her. You want romance? Fight the couple trainers.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
I thought Shuana was a little creepy, but that was just my mindset. I knew she was meaning spending valued time with her friends not being creepy. I'd assume she's have been as nice to the rest of the group. And romance? In Red and Blue just about everyone fancies you, it's weird. Was taken out in Fire Red and Leaf Green.

That is a fascinating interview. Each of the things I worked out by myself before even knowing this interview existed, Lysandre's character, Klefki's silly design (I like Klefki <3) and the reason 3D isn't in all the areas. But since Lysandre's motives were so deep I did wonder if it was in some way one of the creator's views, didn't know it was off of his desire for war and such to end :p loving it!
You really figured out that, say, AZ's Floette was given to him by his mother? Or that Masuda wanted to end wars?

Nowhere I read such thing. These games hardly deal with love between characters, and the closest we have to something like that while it's not is probably Tate and Liza.

And that romance thing, it wasn't romance. It was people taking it considerably out of context and making Shauna sound like a lesbian towards Serena if you picked her. You want romance? Fight the couple trainers.

I think you should read that interview that Emperor Empoleon linked.

Not only did he say that they did intentionally include elements of romance, he also expressly stated that it isn't the same if you choose to play as the female character. And he did say that he wanted to include more in the future.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think you should read that interview that Emperor Empoleon linked.

Not only did he say that they did intentionally include elements of romance, he also expressly stated that it isn't the same if you choose to play as the female character. And he did say that he wanted to include more in the future.

Oh, I see now.

Too bad the romance was so little and I really didn't see much importance between Shauna and the Player.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
As I said before, the romance was just stupid. It serves no purpose in the games.

Where are all the people saying gays don't belong in the game now? Y'all are like "ooh I want more romance".

Shauna looked 5 and was annoying. Sweet but annoying, I wanted her to get away from me during the fireworks, which was an already absolutely pointless moment.

diakyu

It wasn't romance people stop calling it as such. It was implied, and most likely unrequited, admiration towards another. It's a throw away one-liner that means nothing but help build Shauna's character.

Now, I ain't knocking it at all. I actually want more of these elements in the future. Nothing gameplay-wise but you can build good and solid characters by having them be attracted to another.

Rio!

Composer
As I said before, the romance was just stupid. It serves no purpose in the games.

Shauna looked 5 and was annoying. Sweet but annoying, I wanted her to get away from me during the fireworks, which was an already absolutely pointless moment.

I thought Shauna looked lot younger than rest of the circle of friends, honestly. I found her kind of aggravating...:I

Where are all the people saying gays don't belong in the game now? Y'all are like "ooh I want more romance".
I don't exactly understand what this statement is saying...

Yeah, maybe I should have said that before. I really didn't care for the romance between Shauna and the main (male) character. I made jokes about how much better the game would have been if she hadn't tried to secretly date you!

Status
Not open for further replies.