• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Characters/Storyline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattzOr

Breeder
I really loved the game, but it has some letdowns for me:

The entire game feels like graphics were the number one selling point. The story was pretty short and almost fully predictable. I pretty much knew exactly what would happen happen right when I met team flare. The post-game also has very little to do. There's 3 (correct me if I'm wrong) catchable legendaries post-game, a town with what appears to be a small battle mansion and that's pretty much it.

The main-game was also horribly easy. Without any grinding at all; I swept all of the gyms, elite four and champion like they were route trainers. The champion has Poke's in their 60's and I'm rocking 80's as a minimum. There was absolutely no challenge for me, and I wasn't using a great team. The amount of pokemon introduced in this generation was also low, however many had different forms and mega evolutions.

I'm worried GameFreak purposely left certain features out of this game, to add later in the form of DLC etc, for greedy profits. Features such as more mega's, legendaries and locations. The game is absolutely brilliant. It feels like it's definitely one of my favorites so far.

The game feels like it was made by a lazy high school student who has a huge potential, but only wants to get the pass mark.

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Loved how much story Looker's missions are adding!
They've officially made Malva my favourite ever Elite Four Member, with how much backstory and attitude she has.

diakyu

I really loved the game, but it has some letdowns for me:

The entire game feels like graphics were the number one selling point. The story was pretty short and almost fully predictable. I pretty much knew exactly what would happen happen right when I met team flare. The post-game also has very little to do. There's 3 (correct me if I'm wrong) catchable legendaries post-game, a town with what appears to be a small battle mansion and that's pretty much it.

The main-game was also horribly easy. Without any grinding at all; I swept all of the gyms, elite four and champion like they were route trainers. The champion has Poke's in their 60's and I'm rocking 80's as a minimum. There was absolutely no challenge for me, and I wasn't using a great team. The amount of pokemon introduced in this generation was also low, however many had different forms and mega evolutions.

I'm worried GameFreak purposely left certain features out of this game, to add later in the form of DLC etc, for greedy profits. Features such as more mega's, legendaries and locations. The game is absolutely brilliant. It feels like it's definitely one of my favorites so far.

The game feels like it was made by a lazy high school student who has a huge potential, but only wants to get the pass mark.
Uhhh, when you meet team flare they say nothing about their goal. How did you predict what they would do? Heck, did you get a good read on AZ too when you met him with his two lines of dialogue?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Uhhh, when you meet team flare they say nothing about their goal. How did you predict what they would do? Heck, did you get a good read on AZ too when you met him with his two lines of dialogue?

I have the same thoughts, and furthermore, having a team in the high 80's is a problem of too much EXP Share abuse (that thing is too broken, anyway), not the game being too easy. I made sure to use it sparingly, and only use it when I saw the important trainers getting closer to my levels. I got to the end of the game at about the level of the Elite 4, and things felt like they did in any other game.

ShadowKreach

Loved how much story Looker's missions are adding!
They've officially made Malva my favourite ever Elite Four Member, with how much backstory and attitude she has.

I actually feel like the storytelling in the Looker sidequest is better than the main storyline itself. I found it very engaging, and parts of it were really moving and quite dark and serious for a Pokemon game. I just wish it was longer.

Blazios

I actually feel like the storytelling in the Looker sidequest is better than the main storyline itself. I found it very engaging, and parts of it were really moving and quite dark and serious for a Pokemon game. I just wish it was longer.

That poor Croagunk...

ShadowKreach

That poor Croagunk...

I actually sat there for about a minute trying to comprehend what I'd just read. It genuinely shocked me.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Sir_Adamus

1. I can't find Serena post-game, supposedly she is in Kiloude city, but she's not anywhere.
2. Where do I find Looker?

Go into the Battle Maison in Kiloude City and earn at least one BP - after that, Serena should appear in the north of the city. Fight her and she'll send you to meet Sycamore.
After your meeting with Sycamore, returning to Lumiose City should trigger the Looker missions.

LLtacx

I don't know if this had been discussed yet but, at the point where you pick your Kanto starter, Scyamore asks Shauna and your rival to pick one too. But they don't seem to use them in battle... Is there a reason for this?

bigbro223

I don't know if this had been discussed yet but, at the point where you pick your Kanto starter, Scyamore asks Shauna and your rival to pick one too. But they don't seem to use them in battle... Is there a reason for this?
I think they declined the other, but I didn't really pay attention at that point.

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair
I have the same thoughts, and furthermore, having a team in the high 80's is a problem of too much EXP Share abuse (that thing is too broken, anyway), not the game being too easy. I made sure to use it sparingly, and only use it when I saw the important trainers getting closer to my levels. I got to the end of the game at about the level of the Elite 4, and things felt like they did in any other game.

I agree I turned off the exp share and my Pokemon ended up around level 62 for the Elite 4 giving my a bit of a challenge. Nobody has the right to say the game is easy if there leveling there Pokemon 20 levels above the champion.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
...Oh man. I feel really slow to the punch for just now realizing this, but...

The king built a machine that could grant life, and then modified it into a weapon of destruction.
Sneaky, Game Freak. Sneaky.

bigbro223

...Oh man. I feel really slow to the punch for just now realizing this, but...

The king built a machine that could grant life, and then modified it into a weapon of destruction.
Sneaky, Game Freak. Sneaky.
Very good point. I never noticed that before! I wonder if Zygarde fits into this somehow...

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Very good point. I never noticed that before! I wonder if Zygarde fits into this somehow...

Definitely makes more sense how Xerneas could be used for this weapon. Though I do wonder what they could do to make Zygarde fit into this. Somehow, I get a Giratina vibe from Zygarde, that it would intervene much in the way Giratina interrupted Cyrus's plans because of the large disturbance he caused. I think it would make sense, considering Zygarde is the Order Pokemon.

bigbro223

Definitely makes more sense how Xerneas could be used for this weapon. Though I do wonder what they could do to make Zygarde fit into this. Somehow, I get a Giratina vibe from Zygarde, that it would intervene much in the way Giratina interrupted Cyrus's plans because of the large disturbance he caused. I think it would make sense, considering Zygarde is the Order Pokemon.
Zygarde's Pokedex entry says it is monitoring those who disturb the ecosystem... It definitely seems like it could have a role in stopping the device (Maybe it actually did help, seeing how the device was underground as well).

shadowF

Can we have rematches with AZ post game?

Status
Not open for further replies.