• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Characters/Storyline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goten21

Does anyone else ever wish your rivals have a big part post-game?
You know what I just thought of~ what if your rivals could travel with you, like Shauna does at the beginning of the game. It would be awesome to keep experiencing double battles. They should most definitely add that in the next game, but they should make it only optional though

FableEnd

Okay so I was doing the Looker Ticket mission, and went inside a building thinking it was the hotel I have to go in. I was wrong, but didn't go in there ever so I thought I would check it out. On the second floor of this building (empty room) a ghost/hex lady comes out of no where and does her creepy thing. I just want to know if anyone has run into this, and if they have, have they run into her anywhere else or know if it's just a little something Pokemon tends to have now?

Astus

I don't know if this had been discussed yet but, at the point where you pick your Kanto starter, Scyamore asks Shauna and your rival to pick one too. But they don't seem to use them in battle... Is there a reason for this?
This is something that bothered me too. It's like Gamefreak just forgot about it.

jonotengo

Okay so I was doing the Looker Ticket mission, and went inside a building thinking it was the hotel I have to go in. I was wrong, but didn't go in there ever so I thought I would check it out. On the second floor of this building (empty room) a ghost/hex lady comes out of no where and does her creepy thing. I just want to know if anyone has run into this, and if they have, have they run into her anywhere else or know if it's just a little something Pokemon tends to have now?

not gonna lie. that creeped me out the other day. i went up to whatever floor that was, some creepy music came up, she appeared out of no where and disappeared off screen. i tried to follow where she went but nada. i'd like to know how she fits in to any of this

Tyrantrum

not gonna lie. that creeped me out the other day. i went up to whatever floor that was, some creepy music came up, she appeared out of no where and disappeared off screen. i tried to follow where she went but nada. i'd like to know how she fits in to any of this

That sounds kind of like the old Chateau in Generation 4 to be perfectly honest. I wonder if that is something that will be picked up later...

MyvTeddy

I really loved the game, but it has some letdowns for me:

The entire game feels like graphics were the number one selling point. The story was pretty short and almost fully predictable. I pretty much knew exactly what would happen happen right when I met team flare. The post-game also has very little to do. There's 3 (correct me if I'm wrong) catchable legendaries post-game, a town with what appears to be a small battle mansion and that's pretty much it.

The main-game was also horribly easy. Without any grinding at all; I swept all of the gyms, elite four and champion like they were route trainers. The champion has Poke's in their 60's and I'm rocking 80's as a minimum. There was absolutely no challenge for me, and I wasn't using a great team. The amount of pokemon introduced in this generation was also low, however many had different forms and mega evolutions.

I'm worried GameFreak purposely left certain features out of this game, to add later in the form of DLC etc, for greedy profits. Features such as more mega's, legendaries and locations. The game is absolutely brilliant. It feels like it's definitely one of my favorites so far.

The game feels like it was made by a lazy high school student who has a huge potential, but only wants to get the pass mark.

-Blastoise just... use your cannon god dammnit.
-The story was alright, i can somewhat dig shauna's developing feelings. Just stop friend-zoning me Serena! For a lot of "we should do this together as friends!", I did a lot of things solo. The main cast was a bunch of cheesy characters and... what, we're going to like their niche? no real character developing :
-I wouldn't mind a clothing DLC.
-I do feel some things are left out... maybe to add into pokemon z? who knows. I still love the game nonetheless!
-The 8 way movement, arghh...

Kataphrut

I have to say I'm not that keen on the group of friends you have this time around. They're lovely people, but they're all terrible at battles and the friendship makes me feel bad for so easily flogging them. I miss Gary Oak; he was challenging to fight, but he was also a jerk, which made beating him all the more satisfying. Every time I beat Serena, I feel like I'm the instigator in some sinister abusive relationship.

Goten21

I have to say I'm not that keen on the group of friends you have this time around. They're lovely people, but they're all terrible at battles and the friendship makes me feel bad for so easily flogging them. I miss Gary Oak; he was challenging to fight, but he was also a jerk, which made beating him all the more satisfying. Every time I beat Serena, I feel like I'm the instigator in some sinister abusive relationship.
Omg, my thoughts exactly tbh, I felt really bad for Serena... I mean, think about it (from her perspective)
You're the best trainer in your village, and all of the sudden some new kid comes along and ALSO gets a starter. Okay, nothing going on.
Then, he beats you at all battles, okay, I have to get better
THEN he stops you from having a mega evolution training...
I'd be so ***** jealous if I were Serena xD

Goten21

-Blastoise just... use your cannon god dammnit.
-The story was alright, i can somewhat dig shauna's developing feelings. Just stop friend-zoning me Serena! For a lot of "we should do this together as friends!", I did a lot of things solo. The main cast was a bunch of cheesy characters and... what, we're going to like their niche? no real character developing :
-I wouldn't mind a clothing DLC.
-I do feel some things are left out... maybe to add into pokemon z? who knows. I still love the game nonetheless!
-The 8 way movement, arghh...

I felt the same about Serena, stop friend-zoning me xDDD
Wait... You don't like the diagnal movements? o_O

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
One thing I seriously missed in this story that immersed me much more was the in battle cut ins. Like how N would say "Show me the voice of your pokemon!" after the first turn, then show his resolve at the end of the match. Those cut'ins really worked well to show the emotion during battle, not to mention how people like Cheren felt.

Also, my opinion of the friends changed as the story went on. At first I though Calem was bland, but after a while, I really saw the desperation in his eyes as I kept surpassing him in pretty much everyway. It's almost heart breaking, and makes me feel horrible. D:...

Shauna was probably the most fleshed out though. Not gonna lie.

I liked The teams goal, and it reminded me of tales of Vesperia...A lot like tales of vesperia atcually, at least in how the conflict went down. Team plasma is still way past them in terms of favorites though, N just connected with me too much.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
One thing I seriously missed in this story that immersed me much more was the in battle cut ins. Like how N would say "Show me the voice of your pokemon!" after the first turn, then show his resolve at the end of the match. Those cut'ins really worked well to show the emotion during battle, not to mention how people like Cheren felt.

Oh, you're right; those didn't carry over into XY. That's a bit of shame. Although I suppose that they would be a bit difficult to implement without either disrupting the flow of the battle or murderating the framerate.

Ladlebug

Just finished the Looker Side-quest thing.

[SPOIL]Got to say, that it was a lot more enjoyable than the main story-line itself. Maybe it's because I always liked Looker's plot in the past games, or I finally got to be a poke-detective, but I wished there was more of it in this game.

Also I found it funny how Looker was talking about becoming Emma's guardian/father, and then leaves at the end thus following in the trend of fatherless children in pokemon. [/SPOIL]

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Oh, you're right; those didn't carry over into XY. That's a bit of shame. Although I suppose that they would be a bit difficult to implement without either disrupting the flow of the battle or murderating the framerate.

Yeah I'm not sure how it would be implemented either.

They could of possibly used those anime cut ins they gave every trainer. When something important happens in the battle, that cut in of them appears (The offical art may not work, needs something with more action.) as a text box appears showing how they feel.

Would be akward, but I feel like they could have done it right.

ShadowKreach

I feel like the main problem I have with this game is the simple fact that most characters don't really do anything and aren't very interesting. The most interesting characters don't even get introduced/developed until the post game, which is very disappointing. The Gym Leaders are very bland compared to the last 2 Generations, your friends might as well not exist with how little bearing they have on the game, and the all the Team Flare scientists (Bar Xerosic) are pretty damn generic. With the large character roster this time around and some cool looking character designs, it was a big missed opportunity.
Here's hoping Z fixes everything.

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
your friends might as well not exist with how little bearing they have on the game

Do the in-game friends often have that big of a role, though? Besides Blue, Cheren, Bianca, and maaaybe Silver, it seems as though they others may as well not exist either.

ShadowKreach

Do the in-game friends often have that big of a role, though? Besides Blue, Cheren, Bianca, and maaaybe Silver, it seems as though they others may as well not exist either.

It's just the fact that you have 4 friends this time around, and when 3 of them barely do anything, it's a bit more noticeable.

Goten21

It's just the fact that you have 4 friends this time around, and when 3 of them barely do anything, it's a bit more noticeable.

My thoughts exactly!!!
Pokemon has a really big potential for this kind of stuff
For example (my idea's):
When you finish the game, you can ask any of your friends to come with you (like Shauna did at the beginning of the game), that way, you can have double battles WHOLE the time
Or, you can ask the whole gang to come with you, no need to let all of them battle, they can just come with you, you know, for the fun of it
Or hence, even better, throughout the game you have the option to let one of them come with you, it would be an amazing experience

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Taken from the mouth of a TCG player.

It feels like they wanted to challenge you for that 1-4 hour interval between badges 1-2, and then for the rest of the game it flowed down the river like water over a ducks back, in otherwords, there was story, there was quite a bit of it (between you're friends/rival, team flare, and etc), however it's just seemed to fast paced and to me the whole game seemed to be a game ploy/vamp up for the VGC crowd more so then a game for the gamers market that doesn't care about competing in the VGC (just how they have the IV judge, a lot of battle places for the players to gain experience, and it's uber easy to grind with exp.share, the list goes on).

MyvTeddy

I felt the same about Serena, stop friend-zoning me xDDD
Wait... You don't like the diagnal movements? o_O

I do, its just it still moves in blocks. Basically I want to be able to move in a 360 motion fluidly versus a 8 way block movement. Does that make any sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.