• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Characters/Storyline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goten21

I do, its just it still moves in blocks. Basically I want to be able to move in a 360 motion fluidly versus a 8 way block movement. Does that make any sense?

It does, and I want to note, they made it that way that you can only walk with the arrows anyway, so what does it really matter? I mean, the roller scates are perfectely fluid anyway, so is the bike.

shadowF

after we beat serena and she gives us absolute, does she still have an extra one to megaevolve her absol in our rematches?

Goten21

after we beat serena and she gives us absolute, does she still have an extra one to megaevolve her absol in our rematches?

She clearly said that in the chat afterwards- yes she does, she had a spare and she wanted to share one with the player

AnyRandomName

Paper thin defenses
Your friends are horrible. 2 of them are practically useless except for fill-ins (Shauna and Tierno) one barely ever appears (Trevor) and (Serena) isn't strong enough. I remember losing to Silver 6 times before winning. The storyline was long but felt short. And then you see people on gts have lvl 80 pokemon for trade within the first 3 hrs. of the release. This was very disappointing (except that the highest a wild pokemon could get was lvl 25).

725roy

ambivolent
Your friends are horrible. 2 of them are practically useless except for fill-ins (Shauna and Tierno) one barely ever appears (Trevor) and (Serena) isn't strong enough. I remember losing to Silver 6 times before winning. The storyline was long but felt short. And then you see people on gts have lvl 80 pokemon for trade within the first 3 hrs. of the release. This was very disappointing (except that the highest a wild pokemon could get was lvl 25).

Your problem here is that you used the E.X.P. All. Do another run in the future without it, and I GUARANTEE things will be harder with them.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
Taken from the mouth of a TCG player.

It feels like they wanted to challenge you for that 1-4 hour interval between badges 1-2, and then for the rest of the game it flowed down the river like water over a ducks back, in otherwords, there was story, there was quite a bit of it (between you're friends/rival, team flare, and etc), however it's just seemed to fast paced and to me the whole game seemed to be a game ploy/vamp up for the VGC crowd more so then a game for the gamers market that doesn't care about competing in the VGC (just how they have the IV judge, a lot of battle places for the players to gain experience, and it's uber easy to grind with exp.share, the list goes on).

Black and White were very good in terms of plot and pacing. it took me a while to play through the main game, not just 12 hrs of nonstop play. One of the reasons i loved bw was because the plot was better developed and the rivals/gym leaders had a use in the story. Also, team plasma had a definite purpose and internal conflict with N. The more adult-like Cheren was a nice change from childish, just-want-to-win rivals from previous gens.
In b2w2, team plasma took a serious hit. I liked how the plot with N was further elaborated, but i felt like Colress didn't fulfill the role he was supposed to. He could have been awesome, except he wasn't, because he appears all of twice during the story line.
I was hoping for a longer game, with a lot of the features that made previous games enjoyable. Instead, because of the EXP Share, you can sweep through every gym leader and the elite four. 4 rivals is pushing it, because none of them can be developed fully. And, why the need for a psuedo-love story?

MyvTeddy

It does, and I want to note, they made it that way that you can only walk with the arrows anyway, so what does it really matter? I mean, the roller scates are perfectely fluid anyway, so is the bike.

The rollerskates and bike I love because they're basically what I want. But sometimes I run with the dowsing machine on (There is ALOT of items I would have missed without it). Running isn't too bad but I still wish for it to be smooth as well. My personal gripe really.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
He could have been awesome, except he wasn't, because he appears all of twice during the story line.

Colress appeared like, six times counting the post-game. And only one of those instances was even in the post-game.

Firebrand

Indomitable
This is about a character, so I guess it goes here...?

Anyway, anyone else weirded out by the O-Powers guy? Most times, you find him alone in a hotel room, he says "Let's bond!" and the screen goes dark. When the lights come up... he's gone. The first time I just brushed it off, but as I found him more times, the subtext became more and more evident.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Anyway, anyone else weirded out by the O-Powers guy? Most times, you find him alone in a hotel room, he says "Let's bond!" and the screen goes dark. When the lights come up... he's gone. The first time I just brushed it off, but as I found him more times, the subtext became more and more evident.

You're not the only one. My girlfriend and I joked endlessly about Mr. Bonding all throughout release day.

It's bonding time!

Last edited:

Goten21

Oh my god... Oh my god... OH MY GOD!!!
Let's look at the first "meetings" you have with the O-Powers guy (the name alone...):
1. You meet him outside, somewhere
2. You meet him in the pokécenter
3. You meet him in his bedroom in the hotel he's staying at

3rd date...
Get where I'm going..............
DAMN, dem Japanese people are perverts xd

LeasCelyn

Cranky Retiree
I just played through the post game stuff with Looker in Lumoise all in one go last night. I won't say much about the plot for people who haven't done it yet, but think that's the most feels per square hour of Pokemon I've ever played through. For a plot based on a silly character it was brutal as all get out, even considering how dark the main game is. But it was also a lot of fun, and probably made X & Y one of my favorite postgames since FireRed and LeafGreen. I only wish there were more of these mini adventures you could do in different places, it would be like a whole other story after the real story.

Last edited:

ViniciusXP

I haven't read the whole thread, but I've found a reference to Blue in the game, there's a woman in Lumiose City's PokeCenter and says: " The famous Professor Oak's grandson came here to Kalos to study abroad. He got "Bonjour" down just fine, but he still always said "Smell ya later!" when he left!", also in the same place, there's a guy that reference Team Plasma saying: " Have you heard of Team Plasma? Apparently it was making news a while back in the Unova region...", that means that X/Y happens after B/W, but before B2/W2?
Sorry if someone has talked about that earlier or if I get out of topic.

Natsume of Shion Town

Pokémon Master
I haven't read the whole thread, but I've found a reference to Blue in the game, there's a woman in Lumiose City's PokeCenter and says: " The famous Professor Oak's grandson came here to Kalos to study abroad. He got "Bonjour" down just fine, but he still always said "Smell ya later!" when he left!", also in the same place, there's a guy that reference Team Plasma saying: " Have you heard of Team Plasma? Apparently it was making news a while back in the Unova region...", that means that X/Y happens after B/W, but before B2/W2?
Sorry if someone has talked about that earlier or if I get out of topic.

Nope, it takes place after B2/W2.
Some guy mentions Colress.

ShadowKreach

Well given that Colress doesn't appear in BW, but he's mentioned in this game as having been in Kalos, but you never see him, it could very well take place in between the two games. So it'd be something like this...

-BW, Colress is in Kalos. This is why he isn't met in Black & White.
-XY, Colress has left Kalos for Unova. This is why he isn't met in X & Y.
-BW2, Colress is in Unova, and you meet him in this game.

Seems pretty feasible, but then again, there might be something somewhere that debunks it, but I'm not too sure.

ViniciusXP

Thanks and sorry, I haven't played B2/W2, so I tought that Team Plasma ended at B/W.
I have also found a woman in a hotel saying that she and her husband met at the museum at Hoenn, and her husband says that the that the 45th anniversary is Ruby and the 50th is Sapphire.
I have a question, what happened to Lysandre after defeating Team Flare?

Zero38

Self-made
Guys, These words....

You and I were born
Right here in the same world
For this one brief life
we’re beneath the same sky.

The great flow of time,
The wide expanse of space
We are lucky enough
to share this lifetime we get

We can gain more if we give
By taking, we only lose.

Let us make this a new age
Where we show our gratitude

There’s a fragile bud of hope
blooming in each of our hearts.
Don’t you take that away
Our dreams are meant to be shared.

Let it grow. Let it live.
Let us see what it will bring.

When we share in our love,
we will make a beautiful world.

Search it out, and find the way;
the point where we can all meet

The point where we’re all the same
There it lies; the future we seek.

Start from there, and then we’ll forge
a world where all can be free

Free to dream, and free to smile.,
Free to be who we will be.

Lets make sure we create..

A world of our hopes and dreams.

In our brief lives
we’ve managed to meet
Treasure this gift
This precious time that we have
In our brief lives
we’ve managed to meet
Treasure this gift
This precious time that we have

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
I've just realized something about Serena/Calem as a rival. She/he wants to be recognized. They want to be a good trainer. But YOU show up out of nowhere, and screw them out of all their opportunities (like the Mega Ring). The only time they are allowed to win is when they are on your side.

In short,
you are like Blue/Gary to them.

natrivv

Actually has anyone else met with the old guy in anistar city, the one who asks for a pokemon level 5 or under? I want to reread the letter, but I can't find it anywhere in game, so I was hoping someone would be kind enough to type onto the thread since this seemed to be the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.