• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Characters/Storyline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Discuss the colorful and unique characters, and the storyline of Pokemon X and Y here!

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I guess I'll start this off. I have complied a list of trainer classes seen in videos and screenshots throughout 4chan, YouTube, and other various places so far.

Youngster
Lass
Rising Star-F
Preschooler-M
Preschooler-F
Schoolboy
Schoolgirl
Roller Skater-M
Roller Skater-F
Gardener
Beauty
Poké Fan-M
Poké Fan-F
Backpacker-M
Hiker
Psychic-M
Swimmer-F
Punk Boy
Punk Girl
Hex Maniac
Fairy Tale Girl
Pokémon Ranger-M
Tourist-F (not sure if there is a male counterpart)
Twins (Double)
Poké Fan Family (Double)
Punk Couple (Double)
Ace Trainer-F

I know this may not seem interesting to you guys, but trainer classes are a big deal to me :p

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
All characters are irreverent....besides Youngster Joey and his top percentage Scatterbug :p

diakyu

I guess I'll start this off. I have complied a list of trainer classes seen in videos and screenshots throughout 4chan, YouTube, and other various places so far.

Youngster
Lass
Rising Star-F
Preschooler-M
Preschooler-F
Schoolboy
Schoolgirl
Roller Skater-M
Roller Skater-F
Gardener
Beauty
Poké Fan-M
Poké Fan-F
Backpacker-M
Hiker
Psychic-M
Swimmer-F
Punk Boy
Punk Girl
Hex Maniac
Fairy Tale Girl
Pokémon Ranger-M
Tourist-F (not sure if there is a male counterpart)
Twins (Double)
Poké Fan Family (Double)
Punk Couple (Double)
Ace Trainer-F

I know this may not seem interesting to you guys, but trainer classes are a big deal to me :p
Thanks a lot for this.

And it seems Looker is giving Cynthia a run for her money in most games appeared in.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Interesting.

I have been summoned to the "Looker Bureau" and then it said "Chapter 1: This guy is a real...Looker"

It appears that Looker shows up again post-game.
Mr. Handsome looks like a post-game staple character, and it appears that there will be a small post-game storyline involving him.

The Lumiose city promotional artwork showed two men walking side by side, the one appears to be Looker, and the other appears to be Colress. I guess it is safe to assume that Colress will also appear as other have speculated. His research about Pokemon Strength could turn out to be about Mega Evos after all.

Black Light

Do You Even Mega?
The Lumiose city promotional artwork showed two men walking side by side, the one appears to be Looker, and the other appears to be Colress. I guess it is safe to assume that Colress will also appear as other have speculated. His research about Pokemon Strength could turn out to be about Mega Evos after all.

That's awesome if Colress has an appearance this Gen! Personally, I feel he is definitely one character from past games who deserves an appearance in X and Y considering he was trying to unlock the hidden strength in Pokemon and this Gen having the Mega Evolutions.

I hope we are given the chance to battle him too.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I figured Looker would appear. As a international policeman he could be anywhere. I'm alright with Looker appearing all over the place oddly enough.

By the way, are we allowed to name our friends/rivals? I'm not betting on being able to name Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno, but what about Calem/Serena? Are we allowed to name them? It's weird that in some cases we cannot name our main rivals anymore.

Ver-mont

I figured Looker would appear. As a international policeman he could be anywhere. I'm alright with Looker appearing all over the place oddly enough.

By the way, are we allowed to name our friends/rivals? I'm not betting on being able to name Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno, but what about Calem/Serena? Are we allowed to name them? It's weird that in some cases we cannot name our main rivals anymore.

Their names are set. Even Calem/Serena.

Grey Wind

The whole Looker storyline is really interesting. I've always wanted something like that post-game and I'm glad that it involves Xerosic.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Their names are set. Even Calem/Serena.

Too bad. I always liked naming the rivals whenever possible, but I guess it's not a big loss. I'm not at all glad to see that Looker's back though; I know some people worship the ground he walks on, but I've never really liked his character. All those little missions he has the player do seem like a fun way to pass the time during the post-game though.

shadowF

What is serena/calem's teams?
Also can we rebattle them post game?

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
Does anyone know the final teams of Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, and your rival...or where I can find out?

Blazios

Yay another indirect character reference.

"The famous Professor Oak's grandson came here to the Kalos region to study abroad. He got "Bonjour" down just fine, but he still always said "Smell ya later!" when he left!"

You know, someone on Route 10 does mention Colress by name, saying that he's visited the place.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Yay another indirect character reference.

"The famous Professor Oak's grandson came here to the Kalos region to study abroad. He got "Bonjour" down just fine, but he still always said "Smell ya later!" when he left!"

You know, someone on Route 10 does mention Colress by name, saying that he's visited the place.

Drasna offers this fun fact:

"You know, my grandparents came to Kalos from a distant region. They came from a town where the past lives on... When I was growing up at their knees, they raised me on tales of the Pokémon of time and space. It's really thanks to those stories that I decided to become a Dragon-type Trainer."

So I'm guessing that they're from Celestic Town?

Last edited:

Blazios

In the same building in the North Boulevard of Lumiose, there's a reference to the Riches, a random ghost girl who shows up and says I'm "not the one" and the Leader of Saffron's Fighting Dojo in person. This game has so many references to older gens, eh?

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I heard from leaks that if you play as the male protagonist, you end up with Shauna, but another leaker said it was Serena? I'm confused. Does this mean girls end up with Tierno? Or is it Calem?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I heard from leaks that if you play as the male protagonist, you end up with Shauna, but another leaker said it was Serena? I'm confused. Does this mean girls end up with Tierno? Or is it Calem?

Shauna develops feelings for you if you are the boy, and if you are the girl, Shauna just wants to be friends with you.

Serena thing was a misunderstanding.

Is there any list of Trainer Classes?

http://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/14299043/#14299043

It is an early, incomplete one, but is one nonetheless.

Bulbapedia will likely have a better one unless Joe decides to beat them to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.