• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Characters/Storyline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowF

so I was looking at the Pokéarth section and in victory road your rival has these 5 pokemon( I don't want to say which ones because I don't know if it is a spoiler or not.) and when you battle them postgame they switch one of their pokemon with a different one. do you guys think that is the first time it has ever happened with a rival? I find that very weird. Also I hate how they only have 5 pokemon not six even postgame.

diakyu

Guys, when I finished dealing with Team Flare at Pokeball Factory, I have received an Holo Caster call from a reporter which is exactly IDENTICAL to Malva. Any confirmation on this?

tlk31.jpg
Yes, there's a reason that looks like Malva. Finish the game and do the Looker missions to find out why. But if you really want to know....

Malva was once a member of Team Flare. And since Lysandre labs made the holocoster....

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I heard that the storyline changes depending on which version you have. Is that true??

Not really, no. The only thing that differs about the story between the games is whether Xerneas or Yveltal is involved.

diakyu

I do like how the NPCs in this game actually give insight on some of the main characters. My favorite has to be the NPC who mentions Sycamore tried to master mega evolution but came to the conclusion he wasn't cut out for it.

ECM

I got to the scene where the main character watches the fireworks with Shauna, and I was wondering something. Do you get the same scene if you play as a girl? Because there was definitely some romantic tension there, and I'm not sure if Pokémon is ready to tackle the topic of homosexuality (not that I mind, it's be cool to finally see a big game do it.)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I got to the scene where the main character watches the fireworks with Shauna, and I was wondering something. Do you get the same scene if you play as a girl? Because there was definitely some romantic tension there, and I'm not sure if Pokémon is ready to tackle the topic of homosexuality (not that I mind, it's be cool to finally see a big game do it.)

No, Shauna tells Player!Serena that she's happy to be great friends.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I do like how the NPCs in this game actually give insight on some of the main characters. My favorite has to be the NPC who mentions Sycamore tried to master mega evolution but came to the conclusion he wasn't cut out for it.

The one who talked about Blue visiting Lumiose was entertaining. Him getting "bonjour" right (like on the SS Anne) but saying "Smell ya later" is just like him. Looks like some people just don't change.

Bramblefire

Aura Guardian
I loved the lyrics during the credits, such a beautiful story this game had.

I loved that too, very beautiful. Also, this may sound weird, but sing the words, they seem to actually match the music. (Don't know if it was supposed to be obvious, but it took me by surprise. :p )

thetamale

I loved that too, very beautiful. Also, this may sound weird, but sing the words, they seem to actually match the music. (Don't know if it was supposed to be obvious, but it took me by surprise. :p )

Yeah I noticed it when the chorus came along, shame there wasn't any actual singing. Maybe they'll release it one day.

DSDark

Breeder
I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this game. Outside of the lack of new pokemon, it's really good. Good story so far, team flare actually makes sense for the region and the theme of the game.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
Yes, there's a reason that looks like Malva. Finish the game and do the Looker missions to find out why. But if you really want to know....

Malva was once a member of Team Flare. And since Lysandre labs made the holocoster....

Adding to this;

She even outright says that she's a Holo-Caster star when you beat her at the Pokemon League for the first time.

Sir_Adamus

I love that tall guy, honestly. I wonder if he appears anywhere post-game...

The ending was AMAZING. It really got me surprised... and I teared up, haha. :') Such a beautiful game... such a shame it's over. I wish I could replay the story or cutscenes, at least... whoa. Also, is that Floette shiny?

I don't know if it's shiny, I just figured it was unique because it was resurrected/from 3000 years ago. It's flower is definitely different to other Floette's, maybe because it attached to a flower that no longer exists in the present? I'm kind of hoping they make it available for capture or as an event because it's too unique to render in the game engine just for that one scene at the end.

How do you get the Looker thing? I've beat the league and gone to Lumiose but nothing.

Sycamore should give you a train pass to Kiloude City - from there, challenge the Battle Maison to at least one battle (earning at least 1BP), at which point your rival should appear to the North of the city. Battle them, win, etc. and then return to Lumiose, where the Looker missions will begin.

Last edited:

Pokemonspecialgerman

The "tall guy" is a really interesting and mysterious character. And I wonder who he really was in the past. And I realized something. So time for more theories and rumors! XD :

[Spoil]

AZ was a "King" after all, and something about him bothered me. His story could have so much potential! And if you visit the parfum castle once again you will find a picture that "reminds the player of AZ"! So they hint that AZ was the owner of the parfum palace 3000 years ago! And what else is in the parfum palace? A biiig garden with 2 statues of reshiram and zekrom!
So maybe AZ had contact Unova and their legends somehow. Maybe he had contact with another King in Unova. The one from the underwater ruins, perhaps?

Another interesting fact is: The parfum palace is right next to geosenge town on the map. He just had to find a secret passage to pass this mountain. I think it would've been dangerous to take the route south from the palace over cyllage city to reach geosenge because of the war between north and south kalos. I think it was war between south and north because both armies clashed on route 10 after all.

[/Spoil]

I know who cares, and nothing of that will be official clarified in the future. But I just love to speculate. And I want to find every hint game freak gave us with XY!

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Yesterday I realized the Gen VI lacks one of the things that made Gen V so great in terms of story, and that is the role of the Gym Leaders. They went from being fleshed-out characters with personalities back to being static, elemental cut-outs. Well, aside from Korrina and maybe Clemont, anyway (and possibly Wulfric as well but I haven't gotten to him yet). In Gen V, the Gym Leaders even offerred you advice - something that made them seem more like real experts. However, that, along with the Gym Leaders other than Viola, Grant, Korrina, and Clemont having "dayjobs," is unfortunately absent in Gen VI.

Another thing that kind of bothers me is that, once again...
NOBODY helps you out against Team Flare other than two of your friends and the "Masked Heroes." One would think that Diantha would maybe step in right about the time when Lysandre was trying to commit genocide on a global scale, but nope. All she does is thank you later on for doing what she should have done. At least Lance, Cynthia, and Alder did something about the villanous teams in their regions; hell, Iris lifted more of a finger against Team Plasma than Diantha did against Team Flare.

Ver-mont

Cynthia wasn't really useful either, to be honest.

I'll never forget how, in Platinum, she just stands there and refuses to lift a finger to help you against Cyrus.
That's even worse than being absent, in my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.