• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Characters/Storyline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regality

Digital King
The final battle with Team Flare just felt so.. anticlimactic for me, anyone else?

LassGabby

I wish I was a tree.
I just played through the post game stuff with Looker in Lumoise all in one go last night. I won't say much about the plot for people who haven't done it yet, but think that's the most feels per square hour of Pokemon I've ever played through. For a plot based on a silly character it was brutal as all get out, even considering how dark the main game is. But it was also a lot of fun, and probably made X & Y one of my favorite postgames since FireRed and LeafGreen. I only wish there were more of these mini adventures you could do in different places, it would be like a whole other story after the real story.

Looker must be the best developed character in the whole series so far (N had a great character development on BW2 too, I must admit). His story line gave me a Phoenix Wright vibe for some reason (probably the feels) and I simply loved it. I hope Looker will have bigger roles in the games from now on, the man deserves it.

diakyu

Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait-

Is it true Sycamore implies that you and your friends could be immortal since you were exposed to the machine's energy?

Exacus

Is it true Sycamore implies that you and your friends could be immortal since you were exposed to the machine's energy?

If all it takes is the radiation of the blast to turn one immortal, then yes. In fact, I speculate that this is how AZ himself became immortal from resurrecting Floette (he was standing very close to the machine's "opening" where Floette was suspended).

On the other hand, Lysandre stated that there was only enough energy left in the ultimate weapon to turn Protag&Pals and himself into immortals, so it is possible that when they got exposed to the the radiation, their lifespans were extended by a couple to several decades at most, but they still remained mortal. Lysandre on the other hand is probably suffering from having a broken body under all that rubble...

And this only happens in X. In Y, Lysandre just wants to kamikaze everyone.

Sigh, all this theorycrafting makes me want a sequel already...

I mean, we don't even get to know what happened to AZ after the celebration...

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

If you interpret it that way, then sure (although Exacus presents a very good counterargument to that interpretation), but for the most part, all that Sycamore implies is that...

Your exposure to the Legendary Pokémon's energy has "synced" you with the Mega Stones and the Anistar Sundial, in a way, which is why you can now interact with the sundial (since you, the sundial, and the Mega Stones are all imbued with the same kind of energy).

Bokk

I've just realized something about Serena/Calem as a rival. She/he wants to be recognized. They want to be a good trainer. But YOU show up out of nowhere, and screw them out of all their opportunities (like the Mega Ring). The only time they are allowed to win is when they are on your side.

In short,
you are like Blue/Gary to them.

You don't just beat her in battles. You show up, and the other members of the gang instantly look up to you. Plus, Shauna says your rival's parents are great trainers. She's always been living in someone else's shadow.

fitzy909

Just another guy
You know what im thinking? What if lysandre is related to alder? Crazy hair, great battler, interesting characters. Its a thought

in the same way that i feel that Az could be related to N. on the subject of Az

The story he tells in lysandre labs is amazing. it is touching and it had real feeling behind it. The art style for it was also quite impressive. He's a very mysterious character and I hope he gets featured in other games. Also, he is 9 feet tall. i thought i was tall, but...whoa.

I don't know if anyone's noticed but what's up with Malva after you beat the E4?

She leads you to Lysandre Labs in the Looker Series, and acts like she was a part of all of it. So, I decided to investigate and re-battled the E4 and Diantha (and won). She calls you a runt and rants about Team Flare (again!)!

Anyways, I'm loving the teasers to RS remakes, and a new region and game itself, where a guy in a hotel (the backpacker who gives you the Strange Souvenir) says he travelled far to get here (to Kalos), and says "You wouldn't believe this one town..." and then teases "you'll see in due time.."

Sir_Adamus

I don't know if anyone's noticed but what's up with Malva after you beat the E4?

She leads you to Lysandre Labs in the Looker Series, and acts like she was a part of all of it. So, I decided to investigate and re-battled the E4 and Diantha (and won). She calls you a runt and rants about Team Flare (again!)!

You know the news reader who occasionally shows up on the Holo Caster? That's Malva. And as Lysandre made the Holo Caster...

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think we can all agree that in-game Alexa is the flattest character (I don't mean her bust size) in the entire new cast. She does nearly nothing besides giving you an item that's Easy Mode in disguise, and she's only there at her office.

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
In short,
you are like Blue/Gary to them.

"Taodragon was here, Serena/Calem is a loser!"

She literally tells you she was involved with Team Flare. I'm not sure how much more you need.

Shame that they don't do much with that, it could of made for at least some more tension between you and her and at most it would've been interesting to have an Elite Four against you in the story. Oh well, maybe it'll be expanded next game...

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Shame that they don't do much with that, it could of made for at least some more tension between you and her and at most it would've been interesting to have an Elite Four against you in the story. Oh well, maybe it'll be expanded next game...

Well, they do some stuff with it post-game, including a match (though she's only got Pyroar, so meh).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The final battle with Team Flare just felt so.. anticlimactic for me, anyone else?

I thought the final battle was great. I don't know what I expected, but it definitely felt like a good climax to that storyline. I must admit that there were times when Team Flare didn't exactly impress me, but all the things that Lysandre himself did were amazing and he's definitely my favorite villainous team leader. I didn't care for characters like Tierno and Trevor though. Aside from not liking their designs, I felt that they were ultimately redundant.

Exacus

TBH, this game had a lot of untapped potential when it came to the main plot. Yes, I'm aware Pokemon was never plot oriented, but still...

For one, there's Lysandre. After Lysandre made a giant hole in Geosenge, Sycamore's all "oh noes, I should have stopped him. I knew he was crazy about keeping things fabulous, but I should have stopped him, my fault, etc". And after that incident, the prof doesn't mention anything about his colleague anymore. Nobody even bothers to try and remove the rubble from the crater to see the aftermath of the blast (hey, if there are Pokemon that have a sense of smell 1 million times greater than that ofa human, it shouldn't be too hard to remove boulders from a 50-100m deep pit, now would it?). The only time someone alludes to his fate is when your main rival gives you the Absolite while saying something along the lines of "oh I have 2 Absolites, you can have one. Gotta show Lysandre we aren't politicians!"

Next is AZ. The ancient king of Kalos only shows up 4 times in the game.

1. When you finished kicking Team Flare out of the power plant.
2. When you find him locked up in Lysandre Labs.
3. After you escape the Lysandre's self-destruct attack.
4. At the parade where he finally reunites with Floette.

After that, nothing. We don't get to battle him again and we don't get to know what happened after the ceremony. He's just gone. Daferk GF. Give us an epilogue or a side quest for the poor guy! I wanted more information about the ancient war, AZ's immortality, what he did during 3000 years ago - present, and AZ himself instead of just:
"War happened, king's favourite 'mon died, king built machine to resurrect 'mon, used machine to kill cuz he was angry, 'mon left cuz king turned evil, king wandered for 3k years to find friend".

In fact, all of the ancient plot presented in the game revolved around the ultimate weapon...

And lastly, the gym leaders. Aside from Korrina, Wulfric, and maybe Clemont, the gym leaders were given a rather one dimensional personality and a purpose that consisted of giving you their badge and a TM.

Well, here's hoping that Z/X2/Y2/ZX/ZY/qwertyasdf remake/sequel will fill up these plot holes.

ECM

I'm pretty sure that the reason they left so many things unexplained, and why the post game is not too complex, is because they want to leave that for the third version/sequels.

I must say, the Looker side quest is one of the best side stories in all of the games.

TyranatarGojira

I have to admit I was kinda bored with the story until the after the third gym. It just felt like you got to the town, now on to the next one, we're just padding it out.

Black/White spoiled me on two things.
1: The gym leaders. It was great how they tended to have roles in their comunity, and they helped out with team plasma. The X/Y gym leaders mostly just sit in their gyms and do diddly squat when team Flare threatens to kill everyone else. And they have no personality. It was extra noticable inOlympia's case.
2: Back to the villain team being wrapped up before the final gym. See it always feels anti-climactic when saving the world is second place to winning the championship. B/W tied the two together, and made going through the elite four feel like it meant something, and it gave the fights with N and Ghestis real weight.

Exacus

Oh a related note, I managed to rip one of the war scenes from various youtube videos. It's in my signature :D. Unfortunately, my post count is too low right now to post urls to the unshrunken image.

Status
Not open for further replies.