• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Characters/Storyline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy909

Just another guy
I thought the Battle Chatelaines were the four Team Flare scientists. Those girls are never found anywhere else in the game and they were at the lab and not the site of the accident with the beam.

that is slightly starnge. it would be nice seeing them again, but what i really want is their glasses/goggles for my character. they are awesome. anyway, they really needed more story.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
But I'm sure they're the same, also because when you're in the hotel, she says not to talk with her, because otherwise she couldn't hear the elevator, which links to what happened in the 2nd of that building.
In fact only when the elevator arrives and makes its typical sound, she appears. :D

......which would make sense only if both building are the same. They're not, one is an office and the other is a hotel. And the two building are separated by a museum and a route gate.

Chaos Rush

Is anyone else kinda surprised that the postgame sidequest has more character development than the actual story?

I mean, we see Emma grow from a shy homeless girl that doesn't like anyone but Mimi, but then she gradually grows to care about others, to the point where she is in tears when she finds out that Looker is leaving. The fact that she keeps a group picture of the player, Looker, Mimi, and Xerosic, IMO shows how much she developed as a character, as these are the people (& Mimi the Espurr) that she cares about most.

Meanwhile in the main story:
Trevor - does absolutely nothing throughout the game

Tierno - does absolutely nothing throughout the game

Shauna - does not understand the friend zone

Serena/Calem - the only character that actually has a personality and a goal that is eventually achieved, although not until postgame (Mega Absol)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Meanwhile in the main story:
Trevor - does absolutely nothing throughout the game

Tierno - does absolutely nothing throughout the game

Shauna - does not understand the friend zone

Serena/Calem - the only character that actually has a personality and a goal that is eventually achieved, although not until postgame (Mega Absol)

Trevor and Shauna had goals, they just were not as concrete. Trevor wanted to fill up the PokéDex (which he works on throughout the game), and Shauna wanted to create lasting memories (which I guess she did?). In fact, I actually kind of liked Trevor. It was Tierno who was utterly irrelevant to everything.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Trevor and Shauna had goals, they just were not as concrete. Trevor wanted to fill up the PokéDex (which he works on throughout the game), and Shauna wanted to create lasting memories (which I guess she did?). In fact, I actually kind of liked Trevor. It was Tierno who was utterly irrelevant to everything.

I also kinda liked Trevor, though some of that is just his appearance that appeals to me. I would have liked if they went more in depth with that goal of his (that could apply to the entire story, but I'm not holding it against GF), and it would have been nice to see what team he would have used for a post-game battle. After all, he seems to have a wide assortment of Pokemon, including many that have Megas.

diakyu

Trevor also helped with Team Flare at the icy cave place (can never remember its name) It has to do with his slight development too.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm done with the main story of Pokemon X version. I must say I really loved some of the characters in this game. I really love Shauna, even though she's a mediocre rival, she got better on the bridge battle I had with her. Tierno and Trevor were interesting. I think I expected a little more from Tierno like some kind of sidequest to do with him for some reason, but I was overall cool with Trevor. One thing that did leave me puzzled. This is the first time since the old Red and Blue games that the Champion does not stalk you or help you battle the evil team. I mean I couldn't get away from Steven, Cynthia, and Alder, but with Diantha, I was simply waiting for her to appear, she's so rare. Was it like that in BW2?

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Iris was a bit better, but ultimately she's not too important to the plot. To her credit though she does get a memory link if you talk to Drayden so we do get some information about her character and how she became Champion.

diakyu

Was it like that in BW2?
Yes. The champion in BW2 only shows up twice before the league.

Edit: oh, I just realized her appearances in BW2 mirror her appearances in BW.

Yami ookami

I loved the Looker post-game quests. Essential is so awesome. The new crime fighter of Lumiose City!

YonaNoveau

I loved the Looker post-game quests. Essential is so awesome. The new crime fighter of Lumiose City!

Sucks the character with perhaps the biggest development in the game was in a side quest post game. She was pretty cool.

Say, anyone else wonders if that giantic section of the Power Plant we never get to go will be used for a story event? Perhaps an Event Pokemon or something. I was thinking (and hoping) more plot related stuff to the open threads like Mega Evolution.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Sucks the character with perhaps the biggest development in the game was in a side quest post game. She was pretty cool.

Say, anyone else wonders if that giantic section of the Power Plant we never get to go will be used for a story event? Perhaps an Event Pokemon or something. I was thinking (and hoping) more plot related stuff to the open threads like Mega Evolution.

There's only two Mega Evolutions left, and those are reserved to Legendaries.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I know I've said it before, but I want to ask, would anybody else have been okay with just spending the entire game doing quests for looker and exploring the region because of it? ;A;...

I SURE WOULD HAVE. ;-;

/please gamefreak I know you wouldn't but I want this to be the new reason for traveling ;-;...LET ME BECOME A TRUE HARD-BOILED DETECTIVE.

Last edited:

diakyu

So you know that rumored team that came around Geosenge years before XY? It has to be Team Plasma right? I mean if the rumor is true and the genesect fossil was found in Glittering Cave than it only makes sense right?

Clemont

Gym Leader
I know I've said it before, but I want to ask, would anybody else have been okay with just spending the entire game doing quests for looker and exploring the region because of it? ;A;...

I SURE WOULD HAVE. ;-;

/please gamefreak I know you wouldn't but I want this to be the new reason for traveling ;-;...LET ME BECOME A TRUE HARD-BOILED DETECTIVE.

Actually, that would've been cool. ; . ;

Part of what I love about the games is the exploring, and the battles are just something that I have to get through to level my Pokemon and do such..

I loved the characters for X and Y, too. Gamefreak has come along way since "I like shorts, they're comfy and easy to wear!"

Grei

not the color
So... we're gonna be seeing Shauna again aren't we?

tumblr_mvrakw3q931r8sc3ro1_500.jpg

Which reminds me: We still have to have N cameo in some random region, right?

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I like the fact that characters are seen again. I do hope to see Shauna, she wasn't as inept as Bianca but was equally as sweet.

There's only two Mega Evolutions left, and those are reserved to Legendaries.

I do hope that they add more Mega Evolutions with subsequent Gen VI games and that, more importantly, they will patch up XY to allow those new megas.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
So you know that rumored team that came around Geosenge years before XY? It has to be Team Plasma right? I mean if the rumor is true and the genesect fossil was found in Glittering Cave than it only makes sense right?

Considering that an NPC on Route 10 stated Colress and some people (AKA Team Plasma #3) investigated the stones and explained what they were in actuality, it seems nearly confirmed it's Team Plasma.

It's probably justa a reference, though.

diakyu

Considering that an NPC on Route 10 stated Colress and some people (AKA Team Plasma #3) investigated the stones and explained what they were in actuality, it seems nearly confirmed it's Team Plasma.
Well I guess that depends if Colress was with Team Plasma pre-BW2. Could he have helped create Genesect since enhancing him with the robotic parts seems right up his alley.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Well I guess that depends if Colress was with Team Plasma pre-BW2. Could he have helped create Genesect since enhancing him with the robotic parts seems right up his alley.

Well, Colress joined after BW, and it was Dudley who created Genesect, so that's impossible.

Besides, XY happnes in an unknown period of time, so it could be many years after B2W2 or even before DPPt.

Status
Not open for further replies.