• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Characters/Storyline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
I think what she means is there was no sub-legendary trio, which was what I still can't understand. Each gen has had one, gen 1 with the bird trio. Gen 2 with the beast trio. Gen 3 with the regi. Gen 4 with the lake trio. and gen 5 with the justice trio (but had the genie trio which is kinda confusing). I don't know if they didn't add these for this gen because gen 5 kinda had two?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I think what she means is there was no sub-legendary trio, which was what I still can't understand. Each gen has had one, gen 1 with the bird trio. Gen 2 with the beast trio. Gen 3 with the regi. Gen 4 with the lake trio. and gen 5 with the justice trio (but had the genie trio which is kinda confusing). I don't know if they didn't add these for this gen because gen 5 kinda had two?

The Swords of Justice is technically a quartet, considering Keldeo as part of the group. So Gen 5 only have the Forces of Nature trio.

As for Gen 6 having no sub trio, I'm actually fine with that. The main legends doesn't really have much story into them, and having another three that will be put for the heck of expanding the Dex and post-game content is not really worth it... I think.

A sequel/third version exclusive trio would be exciting. Secretly, I'm still hoping for a Fossil trio as a post-game with a neo-Flare in the next games.

I thought XY had a good general plot, but it was ruined by a lack of detail in terms of interesting characters, whereas boring characters, in my opinion, were over developed. And the post-game was so poor, after BW and having another half of a region to explore, and HGSS where we got to another one altogether, I think we were really let down. Here's to hoping GF and Pokemon do a good job in improving the region and it's plots in the next game..

diakyu

I wonder if AZ actually ever encountered Zygarde. Unlike Lysandre, AZ actually had a effect on the ecosystem so I wonder if Zygarde came after him. Would be interesting to address in the next games.

PokeBash

AZ's Floette is a douche for allowing its friend to suffer and search for it for 3000 years.

Dunno if I'd be happy to see it again.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Gosh these rival (Calum) is soooo annoying.. I mean... He is soo weak and I have to battle it all the time......

Calem isn't a guy?

Also, you only Battle Calem (or Serena) in the Tower of Mastery, Coumarine City, Route 14, Anistar City, and Victory Road, so that's literally only five times.

It's rivals like X and Y had that make me wish they would go back to your rival being a jerk to you.
The only kind of rival that's fun to beat the ants off.

Every time I beat Sarena, I wish I hadn't in the end.

Trevor and Tierno I didn't like either. Tierno was just 100 different kinds of annoying.

I'm not sure if I gave my opinion on Team Flare elsewhere on the forums and said something different about them, so if I did, I have a different opinion of them now: I'm indifferent to them.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
It's rivals like X and Y had that make me wish they would go back to your rival being a jerk to you.
The only kind of rival that's fun to beat the ants off.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I prefer the more story-oriented "friend" rivals. Blue, to me, was just insufferable and frustrating. I don't think I ever enjoyed an encounter with him, even after winning.

Speaking about rivals,(Sarena,Calem?) the one that you didn't choose at the begining. When they are teaching you to catch pokemon at the begining it is mentioned that he/shes parents are famous pokemon trainers. I believe after that they (The parents) are not mentioned again. Besides that one mentioned, is anything else known about who the parents are or anything?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Speaking about rivals,(Sarena,Calem?) the one that you didn't choose at the begining. When they are teaching you to catch pokemon at the begining it is mentioned that he/shes parents are famous pokemon trainers. I believe after that they (The parents) are not mentioned again. Besides that one mentioned, is anything else known about who the parents are or anything?

Well, you can talk to her mother at her house in Vaniville Town, but other than that, no. And I don't think it said that they were "famous" Trainers, but rather, just very skilled Trainers. I may be wrong about that, though. As far as I know, only your mother was described as "famous" since she is a world-renowned Rhyhorn racer.

Yeah, your right (my bad) it saids that they were skilled trainers. With that i thought that they would be mentioned, or have an connection with the game like a gym leader or something.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Well, you can talk to her mother at her house in Vaniville Town, but other than that, no. And I don't think it said that they were "famous" Trainers, but rather, just very skilled Trainers. I may be wrong about that, though. As far as I know, only your mother was described as "famous" since she is a world-renowned Rhyhorn racer.

Actually, someone with a Male Veteran Sprite in Snowbelle says that his son (if you are Serena) or his daughter (if you are Calem) left on their journey around the same time as you.
And, that would be presumed to be Serena/Calem's father, I'd say.

So at least that gives some more info regarding their family, and hints that at least their father was a Trainer, although going off of Sprites alone isn't really reliable.

bushie

it seems that every generation since gold silver and Crystal everyone complains about their rivals. maybe they should go back to your rivals hating you. I missed rivals who hated you like silver(I think that's his name) and gary.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
it seems that every generation since gold silver and Crystal everyone complains about their rivals. maybe they should go back to your rivals hating you. I missed rivals who hated you like silver(I think that's his name) and gary.

Technically Silver has no canon name, and the latetr is Blue.

I wouldn't mind another Rival similar to the former (but Blue can go not exist), but only if Female, or if minor, we don't have enough Rivals of either kind.

The Mustache

One like the hoenn would be great. He was not nice but not bad either. He was always up for a battle and sometimes it did insult us lol

MelonGerbil

Dragon Master
There were too many friends.

They didnt need to make it so friendly just for kids.

I dont enjoy cheesy story lines, but the graphics are awesome.

Az was pretty cool though.

I dont like how your avatar looks a ten year old kid. Im 19, I want to look like it ty.

Its a video games, shouldve been an option for it.

Team flare wouldve been fine if they didnt care about fashion or do that cheesy crap with their arms right before battling them.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
There were too many friends.

They didnt need to make it so friendly just for kids.

I dont enjoy cheesy story lines, but the graphics are awesome.

Az was pretty cool though.

I dont like how your avatar looks a ten year old kid. Im 19, I want to look like it ty.

Its a video games, shouldve been an option for it.

Team flare wouldve been fine if they didnt care about fashion or do that cheesy crap with their arms right before battling them.

I liked the group of friends it added a comfortable feeling to the game. I felt quite lonely in Gen III without friends. Also Pokemon games aren't really big on story-lines.

Yeah I thought the fact that I couldn't change my avatar to an older like 15-17 year old version was kind of lame.

Lysandre was a lame character. I wanted to see someone a little more evil like Ghetsis or slick like Giovanni. Team Flare didn't really do much for me, their plans were vague and I never really understood what they were trying to accomplish until the end of the game.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Facial hair

But that's been the case since like forever, though. Unless you count Wes and Michael who looked like cliché shonen anime protagonists à la Yu-Gi-Oh!. Although personally, I'm 20 and I think that my player character looks remarkably similar to me.

I thought that their obsession with fashion tied in nicely to their elitism.

Virgofall

The chibi-like avatars annoyed me a tad - just a tad - but I basically brushed that off to the overworld map style. In the dressing room, the character feels like it makes more sense, and they don't feel to have a distinct age in appearance either. But hey, in my mind - at least you get to change it SOME, so I can't complain that much.
I admit that the story felt... off. But I'm honestly overlooking most of it - key word, most. This is something that's always irked me some, but - much as I love Diancie's mega appearance - wasn't it mentioned somewhere in the story that only Pokemon who were NOT native to Kalos could go into Mega form, for some reason? Diancie is a Carbink, and Carbink being native to Kalos should by definition not allow it, nor Diancie by extension, to have a mega form.

Status
Not open for further replies.