• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
No. I've been having dreams about an old girlfriend of mine who I met on the internet. Idk why but it's bugging me...

You might be worried about her, or maybe you need to reach out to her for a little bit if you can still get in contact to see how she's doing. Who knows.

VS

they/she
You might be worried about her, or maybe you need to reach out to her for a little bit if you can still get in contact to see how she's doing. Who knows.
I think that's what it is. I haven't talked to her in a year. Her parents blocked me from everything. I'm pretty sure if we were still in touch we'd still be dating.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
if youre young enough that one of your parents can actually block you from the other person you shouldnt be online dating anyway

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
if youre young enough that one of your parents can actually block you from the other person you shouldnt be online dating anyway

Unless you're one of those commuting college students with overbearing authoritarian parents who control your life, not that anyone in this scenario is one of those, but it's technically not out out of the question.

VS

they/she
Yea but the problem is that we were stupid.
Also I've stated that I am 13 multiple times.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
I'm about to leave for my weekend 4th of July Vacation!
Lets see the exciting schedule:
Thursday: Drive, Get There
Friday: Go Fishing, Eat Fish
Saturday: Sleep In, Watch TV
Sunday: Drive, Return Home
Fortunately next week we are going to six flags.
With four people in a one bed hotel.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Unless you're one of those commuting college students with overbearing authoritarian parents who control your life, not that anyone in this scenario is one of those, but it's technically not out out of the question.
if your parents are honestly that bad and you are 18 your first priority should be moving out and not dating online anyway

yeahhhh 13 is way too young to be doing any of that

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

I hope that "stupid" isn't referring to what I think it's referring to because not only is 13 WAY too young to be dating (especially online), but it's way way way way WAY too young to be doing anything other than hand-holding and maybe a kiss on the cheek.

I remember when I was 13. A boy asked me out and I was all "tee hee yes I'll go out with you" (because that's how I talked when I was in middle school I guess) and then my parents got really mad at me and didn't let me go out with him because I should have been concentrating on school, not boys. Also I was REALLY stupid when it came to making mature, well thought-out decisions when I was 13, which is why my parents made them for me.

(I'm not saying the same is true for you, I'm just relaying my experiences of being 13)

I'm about to leave for my weekend 4th of July Vacation!
Lets see the exciting schedule:
Thursday: Drive, Get There
Friday: Go Fishing, Eat Fish
Saturday: Sleep In, Watch TV
Sunday: Drive, Return Home
Fortunately next week we are going to six flags.
With four people in a one bed hotel.

I sure hope you catch some fish or you won't be eating dinner on Friday :p

Jesus you are 13 and you were born in 2001. How is this possible

Where did the last decade go

In my head babies stopped being born in the mid-nineties and the entire first decade of the millennium was just 1999 on repeat.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
So glad I wasn't the only one who thinks 13 is too young an age to be dating. It bothers me how so many kids these days as young as elementary school age are talking about having boy/girlfriends when they should still be in that "girls have cooties" stage, or at least just think and act like kids. Developing crushes and giggling and blushing over it is fine (well, that's what girls do, anyway, I think boys tease and are more rough over it in their group of friends), but dating is not something one should do as a kid. You're only young for a short period of time, you shouldn't have to worry about relationships like you would worry about whether-or-not you can play with your friends that day and run around at the local park or play some video games together. You know, things that kids do.

Once you enter high school, though, it's subjective as to when you want to date as long as you don't jump the gun before you finish school. I never dated in high school, though, even after I turned 16, so I have no experience in the matter. (Even so, I never went to the school Prom because bleh.)

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
So glad I wasn't the only one who thinks 13 is too young an age to be dating. It bothers me how so many kids these days as young as elementary school age are talking about having boy/girlfriends when they should still be in that "girls have cooties" stage, or at least just think and act like kids. Developing crushes and giggling and blushing over it is fine (well, that's what girls do, anyway, I think boys tease and are more rough over it in their group of friends), but dating is not something one should do as a kid. You're only young for a short period of time, you shouldn't have to worry about relationships like you would worry about whether-or-not you can play with your friends that day and run around at the local park or play some video games together. You know, things that kids do.

Once you enter high school, though, it's subjective as to when you want to date as long as you don't jump the gun before you finish school. I never dated in high school, though, even after I turned 16, so I have no experience in the matter. (Even so, I never went to the school Prom because bleh.)

I blame our culture. Tweens and teens watch tv shows where their favorite characters are dating. Music videos seem to always have sexual references. Everyone wants to be the one who grows up the fastest so that they're ahead of the curve and because adulthood is full of independence (apparently) meaning you can do whatever you want (not exactly), making life so perfectly awesome (hardly).

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Ungh.....when people blame **** on the media instead of on parents. For reals though if your kids are so easily manipulated than it isn't the media's fault, you're just a bad parent.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Ungh.....when people blame **** on the media instead of on parents. For reals though if your kids are so easily manipulated than it isn't the media's fault, you're just a bad parent.

Yes, because middle schoolers are mature enough to think independent of pop culture or whatever clique they've fallen into. Nobody was ever pressured by their peers, who've been influenced by said culture. This is exactly how I remember my teen years.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
They aren't, that's why you teach them how to be mature. Honestly if by the time a kid reaches teendom they don't understand that they can be themselves and not sheep to what everyone else is doing then the parent is at fault. Also considering that kids get access to said culture through what the parents provide...well I think you get my point here.

Especially with media, like for reals 6-8 is when songs, movies and so forth should stop being able to brain wash someone.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I blame our culture. Tweens and teens watch tv shows where their favorite characters are dating. Music videos seem to always have sexual references. Everyone wants to be the one who grows up the fastest so that they're ahead of the curve and because adulthood is full of independence (apparently) meaning you can do whatever you want (not exactly), making life so perfectly awesome (hardly).

That could be it, though Murder Doll brings up bad parenting as well, and I believe both of you. My cousin was exactly like that, and she's not doing well as an adult. She dropped out of high school, but got her GED, even so she can't get a job outside of fastfood or Subway, and I think she works two jobs of that--unless she's not working right now, I haven't seen her in a while and I only get second-hand accounts from my grandparents on what she's been doing. She went to a beauty school and was doing good, but I think she dropped out because of money problems or something (I don't know the whole story behind it). Doesn't help that she has a kid of her own because she got pregnant shortly after she moved in with her boyfriend after turning 18, and though her boyfriend now has a job, he's the same as her (highschool dropout with a GED, can't get more than a minimum wage job), so they're constantly moving out of apartments because they can't afford them.

Sad thing is, she was a smart girl, but she wanted to grow up too quickly, though why I don't know. Could have been peer pressure, not having stable family support, I don't know. I just know she's been struggling for years now, and I feel really bad for her.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

It's definitely the hormones in the chicken. The government pumps animals full of hormones and then feeds them to kids in school cafeterias, so the kids' bodies mature faster than their still-impressionable brains. Soon the government will have an army of easily-manipulated herculean middle schoolers who are happy to execute their every whim.

As somebody who's 14, I see a lot of that crap going on around me. Social status is determined by who is the most "adult" (really it's the exact opposite but these are idiot teenagers we're dealing with here). Relationships are generally only ever formed to gain popularity and rise in social status, and as such they rarely last more than a couple of months. These people make emotional drama among themselves because drama makes them feel important. There's nothing wrong with pop culture or the parenting, it's simply how adolescent psychology works. They want to be more adult, but they don't know how and thus screw themselves.

(note that I'm using the third person because I don't really give a crap about relationships and such)

Ryuken

Steel User
It's definitely the hormones in the chicken. The government pumps animals full of hormones and then feeds them to kids in school cafeterias, so the kids' bodies mature faster than their still-impressionable brains. Soon the government will have an army of easily-manipulated herculean middle schoolers who are happy to execute their every whim.

I swear i once heard a redneck saying a similar argument in a parents meeting.
I had to stay still, and let the words slowly assimilate my brain so i could slowly and carefully comprehend what he just said..