• Hi all
    Just a notice, we recently discovered that someone got into a moderator account and started hard deleting a load of key and legacy threads...around 150 threads have been lost dating back to 2007 and some weeks ago so we can't roll the forums back.
    Luckily no personal data could be accessed by this moderator, and we've altered the permissions so hard deleting isn't possible in the future
    Sorry for any inconvenience with this and sorry for any lost posts.
  • Hi all. We had a couple of reports of people's signatures getting edited etc. in a bad way. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and nobody has compromised any of our databases.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar passwords to elsewhere which has been accessed, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords, and two-factor authentication if you are able. Make sure you're as secure as possible
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I was trying to be funny and join the chat by saying a wild shiny Glaceon has appeared ._.

I figured and I was trying to find a joking way to respond.

Obviously I failed because I am infinitely horrible.

So....one of the Boston bomber's little toadies was convicted today. Good news. Hope he gets put away for a long time for aiding those sick bastards.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
finally fixed my computer's CPU fan issue B) just swapped out my aftermarket one for the stock intel one and it's all sweet. gave it a clean too (holy hell it was dirty)

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/un41PzC.jpg[/img139]

it looks so empty without a ****-off huge heatsink in there

where did the original one come from. my heatsink also crapped out but that's probably HP is known for shitty ones

John Madden

resident policy guy
p sure the 'original' was a cooler master hyper 212 EVO

(also my case is going to look empty even compared to that)

One day I'll ask people here how to build a gaming PC

but that is a long day down the road.
I have contemplated this a well. If someone could find me a pc for ~1200-1300 that can run everything on ultra i'd love them long time.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Did Serebiiforums change posting fonts in the past 24 hours, or am I just going crazy? I can't decide if I'm losing my mind or if the font has changed to a very slightly different font.

EDIT: Facebook looks different too...maybe I'm just losing my mind. My screen resolution hasn't changed....

The Admiral

solid state survivor
I have kinda hashed together a crappy build that is probably missing some **** that's currently at $1100 US without a monitor and... probably short a few cables.

Granted, that's just based on the prices at Fry's, which are definitely NOT the lowest for everything.

Abstinence Pistols

Fahrvergnugen
I don't know the exact cost of my build because I've swapped some parts out over time but I think it probably ended up somewhere around maybe 800-1000 bucks for what I have today? It's not the best but I use it more than anything for PS2 games (God Hand) and old shmups so it definitely gets the job done.

I definitely need a new monitor though because I don't care how cheap I am I cannot live with 1080i anymore this is actually disgusting to use

Profesco

gone gently
The only thing I'm trying to build right now is a bike. Sort of. I got one with a bunch of things wrong with it - I already fixed a tube and the front rim (still missing an air nozzle cap), but it's missing one side of the front brake (whose cables are also way loose), and the gears keep slipping. =<

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
The only thing I'm building at the moment is my college résumé. Wocka Wocka Wocka!

The Admiral

solid state survivor
Honestly, as long as my machine can play Saints Row IV at a frame rate above (snail) fps, then I'm pretty sure it will last for years. I'm pretty sure most of what I do is play SNES games and stuff I need DOSbox for, then approximately .4 of a big-budget modern game per year (estimated given how good I am at completing games).

edit: To be fair, having a newer, more powerful machine might get me to actually play newer games once in a while. My Steam library has a fair number of relatively modern games that I think I've never played because I think they would run poorly on my current machine.

(Performance will probably never be able to save Worms Revolution or Saints Row 2 from the "not actually gonna bother trying to play this anymore since I disliked them enough the first try" pile, though)

Last edited:

John Madden

resident policy guy
I have contemplated this a well. If someone could find me a pc for ~1200-1300 that can run everything on ultra i'd love them long time.
so basically any custom-built PC ever for that price

matter of fact, i'm gonna compile a partlist right now ~*just for u*~

assuming you have a monitor/tv already somehow, otherwise this gets substantially weaker

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($234.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card ($389.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($86.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($15.00 @ /r/SoftwareSwap)
Total: $1261.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-22 00:54 EDT-0400

(you're goddamn right I just put an AMD GPU in there, Hydrohs)