• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I shouldn'ta gone in the feminist thread.

: |

Let's just burn down the Debate forum. Just burn the whole thing down.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
speaking of building, im trying to convert the dish on my house into some massive antenna so i can pick up mcdonalds free wifi and never pay for internet again

Arn

speaking of building, im trying to convert the dish on my house into some massive antenna so i can pick up mcdonalds free wifi and never pay for internet again

Tried doing the same, with a pair of sticks and some tin foil..... But then i realised im not MacGyver

John Madden

resident policy guy

just get a sufficiently powerful pci-e wifi card

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I have contemplated this a well. If someone could find me a pc for ~1200-1300 that can run everything on ultra i'd love them long time.

That's e z p z.

The only thing I'm trying to build right now is a bike. Sort of. I got one with a bunch of things wrong with it - I already fixed a tube and the front rim (still missing an air nozzle cap), but it's missing one side of the front brake (whose cables are also way loose), and the gears keep slipping. =<

I considered building a bike once, but couldn't justify the cost for the amount that I actually use my bike.

(you're goddamn right I just put an AMD GPU in there, Hydrohs)

If I was dead I would be rolling in my grave.

Zazie

So 1991
Honestly, as long as my machine can play Saints Row IV at a frame rate above (snail) fps, then I'm pretty sure it will last for years. I'm pretty sure most of what I do is play SNES games and stuff I need DOSbox for, then approximately .4 of a big-budget modern game per year (estimated given how good I am at completing games).

edit: To be fair, having a newer, more powerful machine might get me to actually play newer games once in a while. My Steam library has a fair number of relatively modern games that I think I've never played because I think they would run poorly on my current machine.

(Performance will probably never be able to save Worms Revolution or Saints Row 2 from the "not actually gonna bother trying to play this anymore since I disliked them enough the first try" pile, though)

You might be surpised on what your computer can run.

My computer doesn't even have a dedicated graphics card* and can run Left 4 Dead 2. (Not that I would ever wabt to play that game, but it was free so why not pick it up.)

*your results may vary, but the point is a lot of modern-ish games aren't as intensive as you would think.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin

: |

Let's just burn down the Debate forum. Just burn the whole thing down.
what did you expect :B

Profesco

gone gently

I learned that lesson months ago.

Here is an extremely respectable defense of feminism, the sort I would present to someone arguing against the 'official' contemporary movement's assortment of claims and expect them to find agreeable. It's also entertainingly written.

I don't know that I'd burn down our debate forum given the... recalcitrance?... of some of its members. To be fair, a critical individual engaging with feminist arguments through the internet today is going to be introduced to much that does not resemble the above. And to be blunt, the above is not particularly well-represented here in our debate forum.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I learned that lesson months ago.

Here is an extremely respectable defense of feminism, the sort I would present to someone arguing against the 'official' contemporary movement's assortment of claims and expect them to find agreeable. It's also entertainingly written.

I don't know that I'd burn down our debate forum given the... recalcitrance?... of some of its members. To be fair, a critical individual engaging with feminist arguments through the internet today is going to be introduced to much that does not resemble the above. And to be blunt, the above is not particularly well-represented here in our debate forum.

I just read that article and loved it, even though I pretty much viewed fundamental feminism in this way, which is why I consider myself a feminism even though I don't necessarily promote it.

Now, about this feminism thread...I'm very tempted to check it out.

P.S. I decided to go with Avast! so let's hope I don't get viruses. I think the ads stopped showing up, too, so crossing my fingers.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i wish i could poz that

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I just like how you could make a checklist of the feminism thread for "Feminism isn't needed" posts.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I just went to the Debate forums for the first time ever in my life. I read the rules even though I don't have any intentions of posting. Now which thread should I laugh look at first?

i wish i could poz that

Not that I really care, but is reputation coming back or is this hiatus indefinite?