• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It's up to you with the HM's, but I tend to use my party Pokemon. Good luck, though. I actually just finished one myself on White 2 Challenge Mode. Magnezone is the best. On that note, Cheren is literally worse than Whitney for killing my starter. And both Burgh and Clay are worse than that.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
The worst part about Nuzlocke's are the deaths I got so attached to my Staravia and then she died :'(.

Last edited:

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
I attempted a Nuzlocke once on Platinum but my Gabite got killed so I dropped the rules and got a sexy Garchomp :)

That last part made lsugh so much.

Zazie

So 1991
I love DP but why would you want to mess with them when Platinum pretty much improved in every way

I would guess it's because Platinum is improved in everyway. Why restart the game with loads more postgame content?

I am now watching all my shows/movies/anime on VLC with special setting to make the video and audio quality all terrible. I want to get that authentic bootleg quality for the stuff I watch.

Mister_SGG

I would guess it's because Platinum is improved in everyway. Why restart the game with loads more postgame content?

Why not just get another copy of Platinum, then? But I see your point.

I am now watching all my shows/movies/anime on VLC with special setting to make the video and audio quality all terrible. I want to get that authentic bootleg quality for the stuff I watch.

Is that some sort of fetish?

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I love DP but why would you want to mess with them when Platinum pretty much improved in every way

I really want to play Platinum, but I really don't like resetting my games. I never got far enough in Diamond, so that's why I'm using it. :(

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
I really want to play Platinum, but I really don't like resetting my games. I never got far enough in Diamond, so that's why I'm using it. :(

Be happy you didn't use Platinum it's hard I've lost three so far 2 in the same day.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Why not just get another copy of Platinum, then? But I see your point.

You know, I'm not really into spending $30+ on a game I already own. (Gamestop has it at $45 used. The one other shop I've seen it at, where the people who set the prices aren't meth addicts, sold it at around $32 last I saw.) But ultimately, who gives a crap anyway?

You could put it that way, but it's not the dirty kind of fetish. Just a great appreciation for the lo-fi viewing experience. It's like staring into a time capsule of someone else's memories.

Plus, depending on the show, it's probably fun when the audiovisual quality matches the source material's overall quality. HEY-OHHHHHH

Zazie

So 1991
You know, I'm not really into spending $30+ on a game I already own. (Gamestop has it at $45 used. The one other shop I've seen it at, where the people who set the prices aren't meth addicts, sold it at around $32 last I saw.) But ultimately, who gives a crap anyway?

$45, seriously? I guess I can give on trying to track down a copy.

Plus, depending on the show, it's probably fun when the audiovisual quality matches the source material's overall quality. HEY-OHHHHHH

That too. Probably great for bad movie nights.

I just wish VLC had a hokey slang feature which let's you set the lingo by decade. That would be perfection.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I have always seen ridiculous prices on some of the games at Gamestop. Also, I learned a long time ago not to trade in your games to them. I remember when I tried trading in my other copy of MW2 when it first came out. They told me they would give me $10 dollars for it. I laughed in their faces, and I walked out. I'm not going to sell them a game for $10 dollars, when it's a $60 dollar game on their shelves.

Zazie

So 1991
Sometimes I get insane deals at gamestop. It depends on what you are looking for.

There are some niche titles that hold their value at independent game stores, but sell at gamestop dirt cheap. Some indie game stores tend to price gouge more than gamestop does though.

The used game market is something you kind of have to "game" to get the best deals. You have to have a general idea on how much things are worth and be able to anticipate changing circumstances to a small degree.

Last edited:

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Never actually beat a Nuzlocke, I got to whitney in my SS.....yeah......I really should try that again one of these days, maybe on my Sapphire.

I was going to do that, but I'm hoping for an RSE remake. If we do get them, I don't want to be bored re-playing through Hoenn.

So far my team is Mr. Chimps the Chimchar and Cady the Budew. B)